1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Trampoline launchers

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Ej, Jun 19, 2014.

1. sinitreo

sinitreo Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Zen Laboratories

Oh me either Drunk or Dumb ::D: Anyways we are not speaking about trampos in particular, but the trampocannons which are the issue ::D: Simple trampos are totally ok and does not need any tweaks on their own.

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I said in my first post that I was able to get much farther on one tramp with a bomb than on a tramp cannon..
    Turns out to not be replicatable, but that is what sparked the conversation.

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What have I done!!!

4. Lolman112

Lolman112 Catapult Fodder

Imho it's a really nifty invention which probably wasn't even designed to be implemented in the first place. If it's too valuable to make, don't make it. The range is still really good and the amount of security is just depending on the way you build your structures.

5. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

I like tramp cannons :D they are balanced cause they take a while to build

6. Dargona1018

Not really.
    It takes about 5-10 minutes or so with a tree farm (which is needed anyway), and gives you an immediate advantage.
    Add in that it's incredibly high, almost impossible to attack, and if you push in near it, you need to retreat because they just got a builder, an archer, and 4 knights at your base because they ignored you.

7. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

1 Five-Ten minutes is a long time in KAG. That is one less builder doing anything to help your team in the moment and it also drains mats that others could use.
    2 If you know people are getting tramp launched to your base you can either build a trap where they land or station some people to guard your base.

8. Dargona1018

If those have changed, then the game is completely different in the, what, 2 weeks I hadn't played it in?
    Most matches are decently long, and defending is much easier than offense, so one less builder means you need to defend, which is actually good.
    And with trapping the landing zone, no one is intelligent enough to do that, and that person "guarding your base" is the whole team since they are too scared to walk outside. And most tramp cannons go to about mid-map anyway.

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Needs more stacked tramps, then you can see how truly broken they are.

amgtree and Dargona1018 like this.
  10. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

If you stack them enough its like you are floating on the top of the map

11. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What we could use to counter this is increase the cost for tramps, and personally I'd like to see weather effects added so that if there is wind going in your direction, the less distance you can travel due to wind resistance.

12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

or just make it so tramps don't stack...

zerd and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Anything to make it where a tramp cannon is useless is just stupid over all. They still have good qualities and so it'd be best to add in ways to combat it rather than over all get rid of them or making them weaker as a whole.

14. ZeThtb

ZeThtb Haxor

They are very fast to build if you know what you are doing any your damm newb ally builders could keep there hands off it for once /rant - eta 5 minutes, the power rapidly increases if you jump down on them and does not stack well after about 3-5 tramps. I always found them useful, even if not used to vault enemy lines, they simply accelerate your movement towards the front and sometimes even shot a minecrafter out of his normal habit.

You can complain, but Trampolins don't do much that is not already possible in other ways (Catapults/Tunnels/just any builder doing things right) and they have a heavy investment off wood/time or skill [Hey, more skill, less wasted time].

They are extremly easy to destroy or be made useless (teammates love doing this) and while they are clearly a "issue" the "issue" might be that everyone flys everywhere all the time (bomb jumps, catapults) anyway.

tru0067 likes this.