1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ReBalance mod discussion

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Rayne, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

[​IMG]
    meanwhile in testing land..

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Oh my god yes!

Also, make it so enemies can't turn off and on tramps

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

wait so with them being able to lay down and dig dirt... couldnt we have a worm epidemic. :eek:

PREVENT THE WORM ATTACK

4. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

Lol @ smooshed witch

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

See, Verra? This is why I'm willing to wait for near-on eternity for you. You lovely, smexy, witch, you. :heart:

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

It works a little bit better than what is shown in the video now. :P

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've added a new builder feature: press the tool button in your inventory to switch between pickaxe and axe, axe has an arc of effect vs wooden blocks and other non-stone blobs, deals 1 heart to players, but has a long-ish cooldown(~3 pickaxe strikes worth) after each strike. It cannot dig dirt or anything other than wood blocks. Please give it a try and tell me what you think, but keep in mind that it's a little bit wonky(like the builder in general :rekt:) currently as I've just finished the script 10 minutes ago and it is now 1.45am.

Gurin, kodysch, NinjaCell and 4 others like this.
  8. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

what if a knight gives an archer a lit keg and the archer goes thru the 1 block tunnel? will the keg fall off?

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You're thinking too small, my friend. Consider:

Archer punches 1x hole in bottom of flag case. Archer grapple-crawls in. Grabs flag. Grapple-crawls out again.

THE NINJA LIVES! :rekt:
    --

Also, @Rayne--
    Old idea that I was just reminded of while arsing around on the empty test server:

Allow archers to grab/grip trees (and hence not fall) when holding A & D simultaneously.

It's not game-changing, more a quality of life tweak, but still. :3

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

:eek:

Does that mean you could actually duck arrows? That's amazing!

There is some good shit going on in here. What about logs / trees? I think it takes too long for builders to get wood if they're low on supplies at the front lines, and that sounds like the perfect thing for clearing up any pesky logs clogging up a base. Nobody wants to mine logs, so they just sit there and annoy everyone.

Verzuvius and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

If you are adding the axe animation why not add the punching animations as well? That'd be enough to make me play builder and never go knight again lol

12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Wat? What punch animation?

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Why punch when they can axe you a question? :potato:

BucketEmpty likes this.
  14. Rayne

because i ain't spriting that shit

the current punch looks bad and works with the princess body only, i'd need to sprite a kag sprite with the back facing the screen for a right hook for it to look good, and Idunno if that'd be possible because a back facing the screen camera would look out of place since we've never had backs in kag.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  15. Rayne

yes

takes two hits to fell a tree currently, 3 hits to break logs(reasoning is because you can pile them up and hit them all at once.)

Noburu likes this.
  16. TheDirtySwine

If you are serious about the bugs and glitches I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you gave feedback to let them know what they can improve

hierbo and Rayne like this.
  17. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

What is this I read about drills giving you movement boosts in water? A plain boost would be dumb, but OH GOD YES MAKE USING THE DRILL PROPEL YOU FORWARD LIKE A TORPEDO

Blue_Tiger, hierbo and PUNK123 like this.
  18. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Just an idea i threw out at Rayne this past weekend. No idea if he implemented it though.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. Rayne

if you can't contribute to the thread without being a dickhead then next post will net you a warning.
    this exactly

edit: also keep in mind that collision changing isn't officially supported by the current engine branch used by kag. so it's possible it's not viable at all, still, there's no need to lay on the sarcasm and be an asshole.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It would be amazing though. One other thing: to make fire arrows feel more rewarding to use, please add an instant flame sprite upon impact vs a burnable object. The initial fire spread could also be faster. Fire arrows feel pretty lackluster because their impact is delayed, which is partly the reason pubs don't use them much I think.

The system for special arrows could be more intuitive anyway. It's a chore to stop by the shop, pick up a few arrows, fiddle with inventory, then head out and perhaps manage to not die by a stray bomb to put your arrow to use. There's also the problem of coin balance with this system, since knights get much much more coins than archers ever will, as archers can't usually pick up the coins that fall from their prey, and the rate at which they hit things is considerably lower as well.

I would much rather have a somewhat RTS-esque system where you only need an upgraded arrowshop in the possession of your team to have access to special arrows. You would 'craft' the arrows through the backpack interface by just clicking on the specific arrow icon. I'm unsure whether it should be a thing in the background, or if you should hold the button down and be forced to stay still. The first option certainly is more fun for the archer, but the latter lets your enemies know when you're preparing for a special arrow, allows an enemy archer to prepare for a counter and leaves you vulnerable.

The speed at which you craft the special arrows would be determined by the amount of upgraded arrow shops your team has, and each special arrow takes a normal arrow to make. The actual time it takes to craft is up for discussion, but I'm thinking around 5 seconds for each arrow when you only have one shop. By the way, an alternative approach would be to increase the amount of arrows per craft with additional arrowshops, and if you go with the latter option for crafting might be better, as it leaves the reaction time to counter intact.

>But then you'd never need to access the shops! They'd be entombed away!
    Rarely will a team find time to properly entomb a bunch of archer shops away, shops that you need to dig the gold for in the first place. Since we're talking about pubs, it's minus one builder who knows what he's doing, and that's a huge detriment for the front lines. Same applies to competitive matches, in fact. If the dirt digging speed was to be increased, I could maybe see entombed archer shops happening since it wouldn't take as much time to do them. But remember that the enemy would dig faster as well, and destroying the shops wouldn't be as big of a task.

Since this mod apparently focuses on making pubs more fun all around, I think this would be an excellent addition. Takes some of the tedious micromanagement away and makes the game more straightforward, and lets pub archers use special arrows once in a blue moon without dying on the way to fire them. Also lets enemy players know in advance when a special arrow is coming, so if you're on the look-out, your base won't suddenly be crumbling in the blink of an eye. It adds some extra skill ceiling as well, since on the frontlies or in a hectic situation you would need to know when is the proper time to stop and craft. (Given that the latter option for crafting was implemented.)

Whelp, this has been my first essay on these forums in a long time. Glad to be back.

If your mod somehow enables 60fps as well, you'll see me on the battlefield too.