1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important Ban Appeals

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Samatka

Samatka Guest

It has been more than a week since I first tried to connect and was confronted with the you are banned box.
    Last a recall was I was playing as a human and the elves lead a crusade over the other races.
    We answered their defeat demands and went into hiding.
    I didn't mind this I actually enjoyed it, having to form secret cults and gangs.
    The night wore on though and I decided to call it a night , I said my good byes and disconnected.
    Tried to connect the next day. Displayed I was banned.
    If I was doing anything wrong I apologise

2. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Quite weird circumstances here. But since no ban log has been made and it has been over a week Samatka, I think there might have been some misunderstandings with someone at some time. You should be unbanned as soon some admin gets on the server. Most likely tomorrow sometime, as right now server is not up. Take care.

3. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Samatka, I've unbanned you (hopefully works). Please forgive us, we didn't know you were banned. Thank you for your patience.

4. Hats7

Hats7 Shipwright
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I apologise for the things that happened, won't happen again! Silly of me to contest an admin who is most certainly more capable in structuring an argument, and who also 100% has a photographic memory, yep! I hope you can revoke my ban. Thanks.

5. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I take it as you mean it for now. Though flattery, wording and such like that makes that appeal questionable. When I wanted to see ability to learn, I didn't mean by getting completely new personality. But, those things for that I'll trust you can play on the server well enough this wouldn't repeat. It is hard to trust you, but I'll do it, I'll take a step to be nicer right now.

Unbanned for now, do not break trust I place on you.

6. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

zhuum, I talked to aphelion about un-banning me and he said he did, but I still can't join the server I always receive the you are banned message. I have asked multiple admins multiple times about this but it seems as if I am being ignored? I am sorry if I am being bothersome, but I really miss roleplaying. Thanks for your time - crawfish

7. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hmm, if Aphelion is to be in charge of your unban and said he will do it then you have to wait for him to do it.Though, when and where did he say that he would unban you? Asking just to know.

8. crawfish

Private message, I used another account because he ignored this one. I did let him know it was me though.

9. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well, I'll notify aphe, though he might have been notified about it before some time ago.

10. crawfish

Thanks I appreciate it.

11. I_am_veznan

I_am_veznan Catapult Fodder

I was raiding an enemy who I wasn't allied with when someone ran in and started calling me a thief. now im banned

12. RivetSpawn

RivetSpawn Horde Gibber Official Server Admin

Hi I'm a fairly new player, I wasn't aware of all of your rules when I joined in my haste and failed to accept the term after losing a war and continued to siege the enemy base.
    I've since read them and would love to get back on the server, really enjoy the game your mod turns KAG into.

13. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well, since you were not aware as new player I guess this was a good way to learn the rules. If ban log was not made for your ban earlier then most likely your ban is not that long. You should try connecting tomorrow (24 hours from ban) and see if you are still banned then If yes then I'll undo it for you.

14. RivetSpawn

This did happen yesterday, not sure if it's been a full 24 hours yet but I can't even see the server on the list at all now ;_;

15. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Make sure you have not filtered out modded servers on the list. Also remebering what admin might have been online during your ban can help you get unbanned faster.

16. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

RivetSpawn, next time, don't greif because you wanted your gold back and especially do not leave while frozen, or else you will be perma-banned immediately.
    Since you are a new player, I will unban you today, but if I see you do something bad again, then I'm sure do not bother appealing here again.

17. RivetSpawn

Well thanks PinXviiN, you're understood, I still seem to be banned though.

18. Durveniir

Durveniir Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hello, my name is Jon Snow, and this is my ban appeal. This should go personally to Zhuum, as he was the one to ban me permanently from the server. I admit I acted as a **** to him, and one unspecified admin, who I couldnt contact to write my apology. As time has passed, It went more than a week or so, and I have decided to return to the server, and I promise I wont repeat my actions such as:
    1.Bullying
    2. Hate towards admin: Zhuum, Pinx
    There were many more, such as constant war, but I think it wont be nessesary to start war without a cause. I have read the Terms many times, To ensure that I wont disapoint you again. I wish to be unbanned, and return to the server, and to be able to play again with my friends, who also love Aphelions Roleplay very much. I would be happy to hear a reply from you, and in advance, thank you.

Yours,
    Snow

19. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

You forgot one thing, @Durveniir: Dragon armour addiction.
    Most of the time you were on the server, you cared nothing but getting Dragon kit. You went everywhere to get gold, research, make a good armour and sword then get yourself Dragon kit, which often meant you starting wars and insta-killing everybody, which sucks out the fun. You also often acted like an asshole, insultign others and then getting pissed out of roleplay when someone said something bad about you... IN roleplay. I also understand that your character absolutely loves gold but that does not give a reason for you to be a complete d*ckhead.
    I also remember the time when I finally became an admin and you saw me being an admin and an angel for the first time. And what did you say? "Got any gold?" You didn't say hi, nor "Congratz on becoming an admin!" Just asked for gold, which really pissed me off.
    Also, you didn't really 'hate' me and Zhuum, just were annoying towards us, heck, towards the whole server I must say.

These are the things you missed, and should think about it before getting unbanned. So here are the things you should do when you are on the server:
    1. Roleplay more - Don't just constantly go around, repeating the same thing over and over again. Sure, you can go and try getting dragon kit, but what about roleplay? What about making your kingdom huge and then fighting (WITHOUT the dragon armour) for land and such. Build a huge kingdom etc...
    2. Act nicer and be kind - See a new player who has no idea what he is doing? Give him a hint or a hand, you'll gain alot of reputation in the server. If you act nice towards other people then they will act nice towards you.
    3. Report bad people - Always when somebody greifed your stuff, you greifed back. That brings a whole lot more trouble and usually gets you both banned, not only the one starting it. If somebody does bad or breaks the rules, report them. It's easy as that.

So yeah, I hope you learned from this. Think more about what you had done, see yourself from third person more often. You'll understand what I mean when you do it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  20. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Um, Pin, admins usually just unban them themselves.