1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Change position of Gamemode/Server Tooltip

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ParaLogia, Mar 25, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

There's a gamemode/server tooltip/infobox that appears every time you join a server/every time a new round begins. It goes away after a few seconds, but it causes a bit of unnecessary woe because it blocks other information, and won't go away unless you wait. :noburu:

CTF:
    box1.png

In the shot above, it's blocking both the build timer and the resupply timer. This is bothersome when you join a server with a large map, because you can't tell whether the build phase has ended (without going out to check for a red barrier). :no:

TDM:
    box2.png

The tooltip is even more annoying in TDM, because the rounds are relatively short, and the action is fast-paced. If you run into the fray immediately, you'll find that the infobox tends to block important parts of the screen, mainly other players. Arguably, you can zoom out to check behind the box, but many people have trouble playing in full zoom (myself included). :anger:

Solutions:
    I can think of a few ways to relieve my angst help this problem:
    • Move the tooltip to a different (probably higher) position
    • Have the option to click it to make it disappear (like with the voting box)
    • Only have the infobox appear when you join the server, not when a new round begins

TL;DR:
    The gamemode infobox blocks some valuable information with some less valuable information, and stays around a bit too long, like a clingy date. Either move it or make it removeable.

Feel free to share your thoughts. :note:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    EhRa, Klokinator, franek123 and 13 others like this.
  2. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

This. Mostly because of the build time. You can never tell if it's worth going builder, and if it is you have to waste like fucking 15 seconds before this shitbox goes away

ShnitzelKiller likes this.
  3. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Consider it fixed.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

just get rid of the damn thing, its literally worthless, you know what server you're joining you dont need the game to tell you after you've already joined

5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I do not disagree.

6. Sky_Captain_Bjorn

Sky_Captain_Bjorn Bison Rider

Definitely a worthwhile fix. Very small but also very noticeable. Awesome :)

7. makmoud98

I guess that's a fair point, I didn't think about that much. Although, you can already see what server you are on and the game mode you're playing if you press tab. ShowGamemode.as is kill

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Maybe it's good for simple join, but it should definitely be removed from tdm, or at least changed. It's a total pain in the ass when the action starts that quickly.

Noburu likes this.
  9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

How can redundant information blocking crucial information be beneficial to anybody, least of all newbies?

I'd like to add that the resupply timer doesn't even always show up, adding to the confusion.

10. makmoud98

The resupply timer doesn't show up until you get your first material drop.(which is a bug)

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Hah, and there's a second box that blocks the flag status as well. They really chose the best spots to put redundant information about what server you're on.

12. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

uhm why is the debate even taking place

press tab?

Asu likes this.
  13. PhTechCube

PhTechCube Retarded Warlord

I agree you would already know what your joining why tell us again. I believe its pointless just a mass to fill up space...

Mods: Rainbows