1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is a small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1236]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

If your team plays smart though, and everyone switches to builder when they spawn and then back to knight, you can get stone quite easily, even if all of the stone in the map is exhausted. Also, stone exhaustion in a map is supposed to be a thing so that one team can actually break a defense and the game doesn't stalemate between two great walls of china that are being constantly repaired with stone.

Chukka and DatNobby like this.
  2. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Teams don't play smart though. And stone exhaustion on many maps doesn't speed up the game ending. Stone means one team can build trap blocks over another teams gap. Stone means another team can build walls to advance, spikes, stone doors, tunnels, etc. etc. etc. The games I find stalemate the most are not the games with resources left on the map, but the ones without, the games with water and big huge gaps and builders who can't do shit with the wood they have.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The secret to winning those kinds of games, revsta, is to be that solo builder who goes out and helps you knights push forward. It might take a few dozen deaths on your part, but eventually you'll find that your knights begine to actually guard you and you begin taking ground/pressuring the enemy. A single battle builder can change the course of a whole match. :wink:

Hallic, unruly_boss and Dargona1018 like this.
  4. revsta

revsta Shipwright

I am that builder 99% of games, that's why I know it's an issue.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Wood works BEST in a stalemated map, as the abundance of back wall (due to dirt erosion) means you can create inverted slopes (essentially a diagonal line of wood). A well defended door makes it as good as a regular tower, and it is impossible to collapse.

6. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

LOL just use 2 one-side platforms facing down

7. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

yeah i like enemies not being able to turn off your saws and trampolines makes traps and gadgets more successful

8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Bumped by the request of @RadioActive

This is for anyone interested of looking over some of the ideas we've discussed and overlooked since this thread had died down.

9. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

10. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

It's Beautiful. The world needs more of this.

ieatpieandlikepie likes this.
  11. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

Liek very much :thumbs_up::heart::shad:

Jedi13 likes this.
  12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I think the devs should really refine how spawning from other sources works. Several inconsistencies with ballistas in CTF:

• You don't always get to choose a spawn, and will spawn seemingly at random from the ballista or tent
    • You can spawn from a ballista even while it's being capped (making them virtually uncappable unless you get lucky with enemy spawns (see below))
    • Cap resets completely if it gets interrupted (including by an enemy spawning DURING THE CAP)
    • Spawn timer resets if you change your choice before spawning

13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I thought that was fixed. Well it doesn't reset for me.

::(:

14. PhTechCube

PhTechCube Retarded Warlord

15. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

Enemies walking through doors. The is really good on paper, and in practice really fun. Open doors allow both team to move through it. Bodies keeping doors open. But even with good connection, lag-glitches happen and enemies just glitch through door clossed doors. This just happens too often. It either needs to go or have a netcode fix of some kind(if thats even possible)

Blue_Tiger, Anonymuse and Verzuvius like this.
  16. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It does reset if you change spawn when timer is set at 0 seconds.

17. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

It resets if the timer is below 3 (maybe 4).

Spawning in general is pretty buggy and not thought out. Spawn protection on ballista is ridiculously OP, mats don't always drop on spawn, often there is no resupply timer on first spawn, spawn menu often doesn't show or sometimes doesn't show all options, no option to change spawn after you've made a choice.

Blue_Tiger and Sky_Captain_Bjorn like this.
  18. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Bomb area of effect
    Bomb area of affect needs to be reduced. It might be fine for knights, but as an archer, one can run to what looks like a safe distance and still take half a heart of damage. Combine this with the fact that bombs can roll, this makes them hard to dodge even if you know they're coming. If you don't have cover and the knight has a bit of a height/distance advantage, it's near impossible. It causes you to get hit around corners and all sorts of nonsense.

A small bit of damage or stun is fine if you are a knight, but it often causes instant death to an archer. It's far to easy to hit someone with a bomb like this, you could argue that it makes sense as knight chip damage (even then it's cheap), but against an archer it's just ridiculous. I'm fine with having bombs, but they should take at least some skill to use offensively.

Bomb arrows in TDM
    Far too easy to use, instant kill, large AOE. The only fun thing about using these in TDM is their terrain destroying properties. I think that the cost should be reduced to 25 coins and that they should do no damage. This would allow more creative uses on maps to trap/kill opponents and would stop self-destructs as well.

EDIT:
    You still haven't removed burgers from TDM? Really?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Blue_Tiger, Anonymuse and zerd like this.
  19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I propose that bomb strength has a much higher dropoff in damage from the centre of the explosion. I don't find that the radius itself is too horrible, but that it 1-hits me from like 6-7 blocks away (or so it seems sometimes).

heX_, NinjaCell and TheDirtySwine like this.
  20. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Allowing players to move through team trap blocks like they would a door. This prevents enemies using your blocks to their advantage.