1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Reduce bomb arrow spam

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Verzuvius, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It's easy. If arrows of different kinds would cost more and archers would get more money for... being archer then the problem would be solved. Currently you can spam way too many bomb arrows by just playing not as archer and then switch.

Comments, ideas?

blackjoker77777 and -Q like this.
  2. -Q

-Q Donator

That's what I do. When I get a large amount of coins as knight, I buy bomb arrows instead of kegs.

blackjoker77777 and Verzuvius like this.
  3. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I think the main problem is that they are too powerful, especially for a ranged weapon. No matter how expensive you make them, you've still got a problem when an archer can save up for 3 arrows, sweep across the map, take out the flag room and cap the flag all by himself. Especially good archers on maps with the flags high up are almost unstoppable now.

blackjoker77777 and -Q like this.
  4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Shouldn't good archers be favored? What about good knights?

5. sure, nerf every breaching tactic, we all love 4h matches

J-man2003 and Fernegulus like this.
  6. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Well you earn the money to buy bomb arrows, its not like you just press a button and get them. Hard work (killing people) should be rewarded with something (coins) and then they can buy stuff.

7. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

The problem is that there is no reason to have an archer in the team.

8. -Q

-Q Donator

Note, a good knight can double bombjump into their base and destroy all the shops. There's no difference.

9. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

What do you mean? Good players are always favoured. What I meant is that bomb arrows are so powerful that someone who is good like you doesn't have much trouble capping the flag by himself. No knight can do that? the thing that comes closest for a knight is a bombjump witha keg which isn't that comparable. I don't play archer so don't know about the reward system for them, can't comment on that, but imo the problem is that bomb arrows are a bit too powerful, not how much they cost.

If you doublejump into their base you have at best 2 bombs left, which might take out their shops but not all of them. In any case there's huge difference between destroying the enemy's shops and stealing&capping a protected flag.

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Bomb Arrow spam is a killer if done properly - that's good,; you can get 4 bomb arrows with 200 coins - that's not so good, but it's appropriate.

Archers are weak if not defended by knights or builders making good structures to shoot from, but a good and sneaky one could get those 4 bomb arrows to hit critical spots. Thing is not all the archers are skilled enough to do that successfully; and when it happens, most of the times your teamies have to push through the hole you made, otherwise an enemy builder would repair. Both things, the lack of skill/teamwork to perform good shots with these special arrows, and the lack of teamwork to get advantage of it, make the bomb arrow spam tactic not so perfect.

I'd perhaps increase the bomb arrow cost just a bit, like 10 or 15 coins.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    J-man2003 and Fuzzle like this.
  11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Yes, bomb arrows should cost a lot more at same time as archers should have an easier time to get money. That would make the other classes not as good for being bomb arrow spammers.

12. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Still waiting for scores to be based on damage given to damage taken, and the coin system to be based on kills not just dead players dropping them... so unbalanced...

13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I have been learning archer and seeing how frustrating it is to try and support a team and consistently afford special arrows. The only way an archer is good is if they are supporting their team. Archers are extremely useful if they have the accuracy and supression their team needs, but they'll most likely lose out on coins as a result. Bomb arrows are expensive for the archer and buying one means you have to have shot at enemies at least 10 times (if I'm not mistaken). If you're a knight and you get a ton of coins, I still don't have a problem with switching to archer and buying bomb arrows. That's a really expensive play and risky as well. If an archer can get through the frontlines unscathed than it was the enemy teams fault because archers are squishy to begin with. Knights can use kegs and bomb spam to open flags. Builders can use drills. I dont really see the problem here.

J-man2003 likes this.