1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

As for lore, for the world and so. I guess some of it can be done for your own maps - if maps were requested to be made by you. But on bigger part of writing the world lore I'd happy to write it myself too, though, I can't for it will start to get incompatible with what others would write. And if you'd be writing a lot you'd know it does not feel well when your stories would have to change drastically. One compromise will lead to another and soon you will not be writing your lore, you'd be just writing down the words of others.

"Two chefs in the kitchen ruin the meal" Is the saying in my country. Ought to explain everything.

2. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I'd quite like to see some of your lore, and compare it to my own, and I take it from what you're saying it's one or the other, so to speak. But yeah I kinda see what you mean. Kinda!

"You're doing it wrong, now get the fuck out." Is umm.. well.. my saying really.

3. Ironhead14

Ironhead14 Catapult Fodder

I was thinking about rolaplaying as a canibal, and then i had this idea: You (moderators, Aphelion, etc) could add to the server a canibalism system. Like:

I see a corpse on the ground. I'm a canibal, soo i take the corpse on my hands and go to a fireplace, and cook the meat. And then,i eat the meat (obviously).

It's a kinda simple to understand but i dont know about modding, soo it's just a idea. If you guys wanna modify it, feel free :D

(sorry my english errors, i'm brazillian)

4. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Or use chat roleplay for it?

*grabs ironhead's corpse*
    *hauls corpse to fireplace*
    *cooks ironhead's corpse to medium rare*
    *proceeds on eating delicious meat*
    Yummi!!!

5. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Oh, another suggestion. Forum Roleplays... you roleplay... on the Forums. They are very lengthy and can last for a number of months, and often require the people that participate to have moderately sufficient grammar, punctuality and structure.. and has to atleast know some of the lore and pay attention to what the hell is going on. For example, a Forum Roleplay (FRP) I hosted, named Training Grounds, lasted a grand total of 180 days exactly, so six months of Roleplaying. That does include the time we spent having breaks.

Forum Roleplays can be limitless, they can be about anything in any different time, planet, universe, if Training Grounds lasted 6 months then what's to stop from a future one from lasting up to a year? Another benefit from Forum Roleplays is that so much more detail and imagination can be implemented, even including the immense details of the surroundings, the city or village your character is residing in.

Here's a written example of merely a fraction of what Training Grounds was like, I'll make it into a Spoiler so it doesn't take up the entire bloody page. (Note that this block of text is a combination of multiple people's written work, including myself.) :

"KYTH AG'XIG YYG'FAR IIQAATH ONGG!", a bloodcurdling voice echoed throughout the arena, the walls were scattered with the hundreds of student's corpses mutilated and impaled upon spires. Spines, intestines, blood and other substances flooded the ground as Drol and some of the others stepped through the portal. Xavicks was on his knees in the middle, completely still, with Aydin nowhere to be seen, the giant Commander was knelt completely still. One of the other students cautiously approached Xavicks... when he was merely a few feet away from the Commander, Xavicks began to tear at his eyes and ripping his own flesh off while yelling something incoherent. The Harbingers of Chaos atop of the Arena were now nothing but an empty shell of armor. Rinand looked confused at everybody else when Drol rushed through the portal. ''He's right,'' Rinand said ''It's useless for us to kill eachother, we've come so far and we've proven ourselves worthy team! Let us go and see what lies behind that portal!'' And ran through the portal, stopping right next to Drol. Drol looked at the gore and devastation when he came through. Whatever or whoever attacked had been very powerful indeed to cause this. He brought his gaze to the commander who was now useless, and realized that whatever made him mad was still here. "Hold up. I believe the Old God's minions are here. I don't know much about them besides the fact that they make you turn mad like our dear commander. There's no point in splitting up, people die that way, so let's go find whosever left and join up with them. Let's go." Drol says as he starts to jog of into the building.

In the far left corner of the Arena, a hideous monstrosity crawled over the outer wall..

This thing had the legs of a centipede, stretching for a number of meters, a broken Human torso decorated with dark symbols, and 9 arms stitched to the torso, two of which were larger than the body and any other arm, they extended out and had pincer like blades on the end. Finally, the head... it's eyes and mouth were stitched shut. An aura of hopelessness was emitted from this monster as it creeped down into the bloodsoaked arena cutting off Drol's path... it set it's sight on him and began to speak telepathically, "Greetings... Drol.." It paused for a moment as the student that was nearby Xavicks charged towards the monster. With one of his pincer arms shut, it impaled the student, pinned him to the floor and ripped him into two, blood spurted out in all directions. "Where is the Undead girl? Torn her apart yet?" It said mockingly while grinning. The fresh blood coated Drol's armor as he looked at the monstrosity before him. "How do you know my name and why do you care about the girl, creature?" Drol said cooly. He felt unnerved at the prospect of such a thing knowing his name and information on what he did to Anaiese.

The monstrosity's voice croaked, "I... am the eyes of Torqux, I see everything, I hear everything... the Master sees what I see." It looked up towards The Black Forest to the north, and continued, "How dreadful of me.. I've forgotten to introduce myself; I am Skoll, the Left-Hand of Torqux... and I was sent here to merely massacre all 362 students in the Arena... and that miserable wretch Xavicks of course.." Skoll cackled.

"Well I think you'll find that we won't die so easily, Skoll. I just hope that you've seen your own death because soon you will feel it." Drol said before lunging at Skoll hoping to smash one of its pincers. Skoll, almost lightning fast, grabbed Drol and slammed him against the Arena wall, and he brought his head as level as Drol's... the stitchings on Skoll's head began to break as it revealed his black hollow eyes staring directly into Drol's.. they began to emit an eerie glow as Skoll basically began to rip Drol's soul from his body. At when all hope seemed lost a dreadful scream could be heard... anyone that had spent enough time around a Warlock would know what it was; a Chaos Bolt impacted upon Skoll as Fel Fire filled the Arena. Skoll dropped Drol into the pool of blood and rushed towards the Warlock that cast the Chaos Bolt... but came to a halt. The smoke from the devestating spell clouded the terrified student's visions. "This isn't over Mortals..." The voice echoed again as Skoll seemed to had dissapeared from the Arena.

I know you have no idea what any of that was or what the hell is going on, but it was just an example for what a Forum Roleplay can consist of. Forum Roleplays can be brilliant for those that prefer worded roleplaying, such as myself, and possibly others who wish to try something different.

6. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

(I know i've already said this, so sorry...)

An update for BLOWJOB mod i saw another guy waiting for blowjob on the server today.

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I've heard that Aphelion was having problems with installing the mod. It should be fixed soon... I hope.

8. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

One word: Weather.

9. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's been stated before and aphelions even toyed with it, but it will never happen for various reasons. Lag being a major factor in it

10. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Let's cry all together now.

11. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

Yeah, he said that he had some problems with the last update.

12. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Racial flags set to each race to mark the territory of their region.

13. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

craftable beds, for players when go afk, they can pretend theyre in a coma or just sleeping (becuz the only beds in game need a shop to appear and you cant sleep for as long as you want)

14. king-george

I support these two. Racial flags is a very good idea, and I've always wanted a way to imitate sleeping.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2015 ---
    D,,,:

15. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

beds kick flag's ass cough...cough

16. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Agreed, you can't have sex on flags.. thus making flags the inferior.

17. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

hidden doors would be a cool addition(could be disguised as like dirt lets say)

also i would like to see a way of fishing. because jumping into a lake stabbing or hitting some fish and then taking them away doesn't look very roleplay like.
    it would work like this.

it is an extra space in the inventory for the builder (e.g like the archers crossbow/ bow layout.) it can be made for 80 wood lets say at a builders workshop it would have almost knight like casting abilities (e.g. charge up/ casting your line out.)
    it could also get you maybe extra fish if done correctly. i'm not sure what the AI would do and what would then happen but those are my ideas!!! :thumbs_up:or:thumbs_down: PLZ reply!

18. king-george

A very good idea, but it may be hard to achieve.

19. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

thanks but yea i don't think it'd be easy.

20. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Two things:

1. A mute button to mute the music.

2. An additional research branch that per upgrade increases the inventory space of a builder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.