1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Modded 2014-08-09

More classes, buildable halls, town center, factories, farms.

1. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I was thinking if I should do that or not, now I know. :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2015 ---
    ( @Leo )
    CTFe043 a quick fix for things that annoyed me when I played.

1)All trap blocks will not pass light when built, meaning they will make shadow and actually hide what you put underneath like saw/spikes.
    2) Wood Factory will spawn 2 crates instead of one, where one crate contains 250 wood, so it will be more worth to build wood factories now. If you have 4 factories, you will get 2 k wood every 50 s instead of 1 k where you could just farm it from trees.
    3) Removed grain seeds from the nursery.
    4)When gold block is built, a backwall behind it is created like normal blocks.

Attached Files:

2. Leo

Leo Haxor

Alright, updating...

3. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Hello!
    I was wondering if there might be someone in Aus who could host this mod on a server? I'd love to play this mod but I'm way too laggy on Leo's server to have much fun. That's why I think it would help if there was another server for Aus. I'm sure i'm not the only Australian who'd like an Australian server :P

4. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

It's possible again to automate the wood factorys and other factorys if you have enough of them. You know about the update to normal kag that makes things despawn/break when there are too many of them... I know this was designed to remove lag but it's nearly as op as when you had that thing that spawned logs every 2 or so seconds... And they build it in the same way, perhaps a cap on the amount of workshops would help?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2015 ---
    Man kaggers are good at finding glitches and loopholes xD

5. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I can make crates not to despawn when many are placed/spawned at a place, is this what you mean should be done?

6. Leo

Leo Haxor

Got me a vps there. Don't know how well this will work but I'll give it a try.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 31, 2015 ---
    Server is up. Please try it and tell me how it plays. Location is Sydney.

7. Olimarrex

Whatever you think would work... In my post I suggested a cap on the amount of possible workshops you can have up at any one time. But you probably know better.

8. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I can do that too, I am thinking of maximum 6 buildable workshop of any kind for both teams?

9. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Sorry for my late reply @Leo
    THANK YOU....for hosting the AUS CTF Expanded server! There's no lag what so ever so I can finally enjoy the gamemode! ;D

10. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Some bugs:
    Stone doors with no backwall:
    door.gif
    Problems with saws. We can't turn them off/on. It works only once. If you turn it on, you can't turn it off and vice versa. Asking for help and someone to turn it on for me sucks, I feel noob :D
    saw.gif
    You can't have more than one sapling in your inventory. If you want to put in a backpack second sapling, the first goes to the hands.
    trees.gif
    Tunnels: People complain that they can not use enemy portals. Could you make it to work just like those from release?
    Knight garrison still sucks. I mean bots, but I guess it's just their stupid AI and there's not much you can do about it.. I well remember when I wanted to create some challenge maps. I give up when I saw knight-bots in action.
    Machine gun bullets factory does not have an icon. It's just a question mark and also it's too big (I mean that box):
    bullets factory.png

11. Shen2

Shen2 Drill Rusher

Are you supposed to be able to go through gold blocks with vehicles???

12. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Thank you for reporting, I will try to patch them now.
    gold blocks are buggy

and some maps have little air space I would advise @Leo to increase the "roof" for better experience or I can do it too if I know which maps exactly are used.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2015 ---
    Here is CTFE044 @Leo
    1. When stone and gold door are built backwall is created.
    2. Reverted tunnel and saw to the original files, I practically deleted them from the mod folder so they use default ones. (if bug still persists its from the devs, a workaround is to go away from the saw like 3-4 meters and go near the saw again without picking the saw then button should appear)
    3. The machine gun bullets factory image should be fixed.
    4.Replaced flag image with princess image at top left corner.
    5. All factories can be built only 6 times.
    6. Dropped prices a little on some factories so it is easier to build them.
    ---
    7. Knight guards are pickable, so if they get stuck you can "unstuck" them and throw them on top of an enemy. ::D:

About the tree seeds, when you pick up a seed with C quickly push F by pushing I mean push and release, the seed will be added into the inventory, dont open inventory and select invetory or it drops, idk why devs made it this way and I am not sure how to fix it ::D:.
    About the bots :knight:, I dont know how to make them like in the classic. But some of the time they are good and kill a few guys, I want also to make them pickable meaning I can pick a stuck knight and place him wherever I want I tried before but couldn't find a way, maybe I will try again later.

edit: yes! I made knight bots pickable! Sec to rar it and upload. Done, you pick them up when you walk by them, not sure how to make it pick up by C only yet, will see later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    RadioActive likes this.
  13. Leo

Leo Haxor

Did you upload the file 2 times ? I tried the huge maps but people don't seem to like them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2015 ---
    Hmm.. if you made a change just give me the edited files cause I don't want to re-upload the whole folders again.

14. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

You have the correct one if you downloaded once, I can see how many people downloaded the uploaded rar, before I remove the old one it was 0, now I see 1, so if you downloaded only once this means you downloaded the new one.

edit: @Leo I have tested it in your server, I cant pick them download this one here below xD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Would be cool if there was a tank in this mod!!!

16. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

when I reverted to default SAW i forgot to add the lines where it doesnt destroy the crates lol @Leo upload this one asap so they dont abuse that much xD

all in due time

Attached Files:

17. Olimarrex

Whuuuuuut... The huge maps are by far the best.

Shen2 and RadioActive like this.
  18. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Not when there is only like 8 people playing

19. Leo

Leo Haxor

I am afraid majority of players think otherwise.

20. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

@Leo I patched the knight guards, now they should fight, they should be pickable with C, no more pickup when next to them, and they should fight smarter now, when they chase an enemy and enemy is out of sight they will stop and hold the shield, when they kill an enemy they will stop and hold their shield and wait for another target.

Delete your characters folder and add this, also change mod name to CTFE0.47, rules to CTFE0.47 and in gamerules.txt gamemode = CTFE0.47, I believe you are familiar with this yes?

Or I can rar the whole mod.

Attached Files: