1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Bestlock

Bestlock Shopkeep Stealer

This is the best server ever, if I figure out how to make maps and post them, ill gladly make some for you.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sorry, I totally forgot about those. But I dont think those will work well for the server.

Its quite simple to make them, making good ones is a different matter, as seen in my shitty maps :p . But hey I needed maps.

Check out this tutorial:

http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/map-making-tutorial.1834/

Also Baron if you read this, I love your Rapid CTF map, want to make me some more? Also I need to look into getting you admin for the servers. And before anyone else asks, asking for admin will ensure you never get it.

3. Bestlock

Alright that really helped! I will try to make some maps,perhaps today,tomorrow or both days!
    If you want I can make it a certain theme like floating,underground ect...

4. Noburu

Just try to keep them in the parameters I have in the first post and make sure if its for the CTF (not rapid ctf) server that there is plenty (but not tons!) of resources. Its also nice on the rapid CTF maps to have a few trees for archers to climb. For the CTF maps is generally easier to generate a map then edit it to your liking.

5. Bestlock

Alright, i'm onto making the map right now, I might not finish it today since i'm kinda lazy but when its done ill post it on here!

6. Noburu

Ha, no rush, sounds good to me. Maybe you have a better eye than me for what makes a good map.

7. Bestlock

So I am finally done, It didn't take as long because I realized I was messing around in map editor before, generated this cool map, edited it a bit in map editor, then luckily saved it!
    So I had a pretty good base for the project, I edited most of it in paint.net, anyways now for the details.
    Name : Golden Hills
    Description : A Scout has scouted this area out for King Henry himself, and King Henry decided to name it Golden Hills because the scout said "...I believe there may be gold in there sir!" As said, there IS gold in the hill (hence the name), so King Henry has sent his troops after it, but now its just a war between Blue and Red.

[​IMG]

I hope ImageShack works to upload,if not you can tell me what I can use to upload it with.

sj67 and Noburu like this.
  8. Noburu

Looks good! All you need to do is click the upload a file button at the bottom of the reply box. Then after its uploaded you can click either thumbnail or full size buttons to add it to your post. Its a lot less trouble than ImageShack.

I will upload it to the CTF server now. Look for it in rotation!

EDIT: Also dont forget to post this in the maps forum under the modding section so other people can use it if they want.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey Noburu,
    Game crashed and seeing as it's now midnight here (San Jose, CA, America; GMT -08:00), I think I'll head to bed (still got to get over jet lag... :huh?:). What was it you wanted me to see/check on?

10. Noburu

Check your PMs when you can. What you up to in USA?

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Visiting wife's family for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We'll be over here until mid January. :)

[and now, finally, I really am going to bed - everything else can wait until morning. ;)]

12. Noburu

Haha sweet dreams. I thought your ping was much lower than normal today.

13. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I'll put of some maps you migt like later. :) You can tell me what'cha think. :)

14. Bestlock

Alright thanks! I hope you like it! Ill keep making more maps once I feel like it for you if you want.

15. There is one small map on the big server (I guess Monsteri's Peasent Hill). Two words: catapult problem.

That was a rape, not a game ;_;.

16. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Here a map that would work well with the one with the fast rounds and no respawns. Not saying you should add it, but I am curious if this is a map that would go in the catergory.

MAP NAME:
    Den
    DESCRIPTION:
    A simple map with no landforms or structures, you jump down and don't come back up. ;)
    Den.png

I'll put screenshots if you like, I'm not saying you should add it, I'm just asking if I have the right idea for you server maps. :D

17. Noburu

Yeah I need to get him to widen the map a bit, otherwise I like it.

I dont see any way for the players to get up to the other teams flags.

18. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

It's not a CTF, it's a TDM.

19. Noburu

Oh
    The map on the CTF server is PeasantLand, the one on the Rapid server is PeasantHill. Two similar, but different maps.

20. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

@ Nomburu

Well I guess you can say he inspired me. I've have different maps up soon, so look on my map threads or I will post it here.

Also, here's a Skydive map, still in testing but maybe you can fix it up if there is an error and use it. Haven't named it yet or put a discription, so you can do if that if you decide to use it. ;) (Also a TDM Rapid map.)

Skydive.png

PS: The flatforms being able to collaspe might or might not be a bug. :)

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.