1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG admin in server

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by xeba, Jan 3, 2015.

1. xeba

xeba Bison Rider

Do not know why, I do not remember to change some server configuration. But upon entering the server, I dont have admin access.

2. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I'm guessing that when you join the server your name is purple? I've come across this issue so many times and I still have not gotten a full solution but here are a few things you can try. Make sure that you have added your name in the superadmin.cfg file. make sure that you add caps and lowercase letters exactly as it is in your username. Also make sure you add your KAG name not your steam name. If it doesn't work then open up Autoconfig and scroll down until you find the line security_seclevs
    if your line looks like this:
    security_seclevs = ../Security/seclevs.cfg
    Then remove the two dots so it shold look like this:
    security_seclevs = /Security/seclevs.cfg
    Having the two dots there screws it up so it doesn't load the file right. It tries to load it at the directory /../Security/seclevs.cfg But because there is no such directory it doesn't work. The correct directory would be the one without the dots. Also to find superadmin.cfg go to King Arthur's Gold/seclevs (in case you don't know <3)
    Try these then post again here.

3. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

I've had the same problem, I don't auto login on start-up and I have to manually type in the rcon login command. I've looked at my auto_config and nothing seems to be wrong with that. My name doesn't start up as purple but it's just the normal colour. I'd love it if someone shared a solution to this problem.

4. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

when logging to your server , open the console (Press "home" button). and write in it :
    /rcon /reloadsecurity
    and press "Enter"
    or if you have an rcon password then you have to do:
    /rcon /login XYZ
    (change the XYZ with your rcon password)
    then do:
    /rcon /reloadsecurity
    and you will be marked as an admin , actually as the server's owner.

5. xeba

xeba Bison Rider

i forgot to answer. That worked with me, removing the dots.

6. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Thank you yet again BlackJoker <3

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  7. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Glad it worked for you man.

8. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Still haven't solved the problem. ;_; I've looked in my Security folder and I don't have a whitelist.cfg . I'm assuming I should so could someone send a copy of theirs to me.... Also a copy of superadmin.cfg... I only have an example file ;_; Thank you in advance peoples <3

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  9. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

well, I am not sure about this "whitelist.png" but the "whitelist.cfg" isn't a big deal .
    the other ".cfg.example" files could be renamed (or change their extension , and remove that ".example" part) and like that you will have them as ".cfg" files.
    If you're not able to do that then just open those .example files (with bloc note or a similar text editor) and copy what's inside it to another file with the same name BUT with a ".cfg" extension.
    eg: copy what's inside "superadmin.cfg.example" and put it to a new "superadmin.cfg" file (do the same with all the other example files in the "Security" folder)
    PS: Sorry I can't upload you my ".cfg" files because I am on phone atm, but maybe someone else could.

10. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Whoops, meant to write .cfg . I'll do that now and get back to you. Thanks <3

11. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

np ::):