1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

1. What's the problem with some music while RPing?
    2. Not happening.

2. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

1. Let's say I'm listening to Pendulum - Salt in the Wounds... I don't necessarily want music playing over it, though I have been ignoring it so far. And as for turning down the volume, for me it just resets it self... and even if I could I'd still want the usual sound effects such as digging etc.
    2. Not happening becauuuuse it's a stupid idea, it'd be too much effort to implement or just outright refusing it because I suggested it? I don't think you made your point clear to why it's "Not happening.".

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  3. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

1. Okay, but you can do that outside of Roleplay. The music is setup that way so people can hear it, the default KAG volume is too low for the music.
    2. Not happening because... It's not possible.

4. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Aight, understood. But perhaps instead of increasing inventory size, would it be possible to increase stack quantity? Going from 500 to 750 then to 1000, would be fairly useful.

5. ingra

ingra Bison Rider
    1. Active Forum Users

What about something the dwarves are best than other races (talking about military stuff), i'm not saying to implement another class, but Axe wielders are pretty cool.
    2nd -> Horses?

Edit: something came to my mind... it would be usefull to be able to place dirt, eg.: farming?

6. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If only people bother reading what has been said in the past on this thread... But well repetition is mother of learning. :rollseyes:

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

If no more blobs or features can be added then why is this thread even open.

8. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Races were meant to be different but, at the same time, balanced.

Horses aren't as useful since the map is hilly and is often changed by players.

Also, Geti once said this: "...but we've been very much unsatisfied with the movement of anything large on the usual terrain in KAG."

Interesting, only Aphelion could answer you that. Even though I think that already was suggested before.

Something awesome may still come out of here.

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

"
    "

10. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Plus new things dont necessarily need to be new blobs, there could be an awesome idea that would just require changing already existing features.

11. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Just so all are aware the last planned update of sorts is underway and any updates past that are optional based on what Aphelion wants to do, even then ideas are in mind for those. After that point role play will still be up as long as donations come in and a player base is present that in mind suggest things that have not been suggested before, and are do-able without making more blobs in the server causing lag and if staff discusses and decides on it will be in a future update keep in mind this is if updates continue to be made

12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Horses could work using a sort of pivoting system in the legs. It'd look weird, though, like the torso of the horses are connected to bouncy, wobbly springs at the bottom

13. marufrozen

marufrozen Catapult Fodder

I wish I understood more about the internal workings of the game. I see the word 'blob' thrown around a lot as though it's important, but I don't fully understand it. Does blob refer to something that's created in the world? For example I make a stone block and it adds a blob to a counter? Or is it a possible creatable object such as I haven't created the stone block, but it must be a blob in order for it to exist? Does it just refer to entities that the server has to calculate? For example a stone block with a wooden background and then the wooden background is destroyed and the stone block falls?

Sorry, I have pretty much zero experience with all this, but I'd love to make suggestions...just not pointless ones.

14. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well you almost pretty much defined what blob already is maru :P Though I'm not sur if deafult kag blocks are considered as blobs or not. But entities server has to calculate ought to be roughly right way to explain.

15. marufrozen

The primary reason I ask is mostly to know how it all works. I am sorta looking at the modding section now to learn more.

Though really what exactly is a good suggestion then? What if I suggest a scroll that turns fish into sharks?

Also how about changing the recipe for burgers from fish to steak so that then the steak can be used.

Or how about chicken breeding for different colored chickens...because...ya know...different colored chickens.

16. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is something that could be done, maybe? Hopefully? I think I had posted that idea somewhere some time ago when that fish usage recipe had been implemented. That is one thing I'd fully support because for now steak has no uses in game.

For the rest of things, those things are new blobs. New food or new scrolls, adding more means making new stuff, new blobs, but perhaps some other type of scroll could be switched around for Fish into sharks scroll. That is good idea too :rekt: hehehe

17. marufrozen

Ok then that makes a lot more sense. So mostly new things that actually exist. Is it just that all of the stuff makes everyone lag? I haven't noticed a problem, or is it server based?

Also has anything like an exp system been tried like bound to user names? I'm assuming that would be too difficult, but I'm curious.

Also if there are cacti then I would make the suggestion of a desert map of some sort! I have to be honest, a lot of the maps feel quite similar. The seasons are great, but all maps have them. A map made entirely of ruins would be cool too. How hard are maps to make? Are map entries accepted? I wouldn't mind learning to make a map if so.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm the inquisitive (and lazy) type.

18. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am still waiting on knowing if the message sending is possible. I suggested awhile ago, and Alphe liked the idea, of being able to send letters to other players so that you won't have to post out loud, what you wish to say even if it's team speak only.

Then you can just RP as a messenger sending letters out to other people. You create it, type in the chat box something like !letter (words) and what the words are after !letter will be printed on the letter and appears on the chat box when you click to read it, but only you can see it.

19. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

There was an desert type map called Badlands out there for a short while, but since that caused issues it was removed from cycle. So in that part there is an desert map ready, just not implemented. But if anything only Aphe can answer if new map entries can be made or so, I honestly don't have answer for that myself.

As for exp, well that would make the server too much of an action rpg rather than roleplay one. The focus should be primarly on chat based roleplay or so and complimented by the actions you can do in game. At least in my opinion one should have more of an imagination to have fun and epic time on server rather than grinding, warring or slaying zombies for some numbers on their screen to be bigger. But then again, that might be optional, I really do not know either.

20. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

To me they need to focus more on functional role play more than text based role play. We focus more on typing out what we're doing, but if it were focused on functionality as much as talking, it'd be and endless wave of fun. Like we need to create a need for items, a need for actions, and without it, negitive impacts happen.

Not to make the game hard without it, but give people more to do than to type out a role play.

Like my message idea, we need a transferable currency, we need a better gardening and harvesting system, and an over all economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.