1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TR] Demo is Live!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geti, Apr 28, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Original: http://www.thd.vg/post/117607183700/tr-demo-is-live

It’s the 28th! That means you can now grab the first demo build of Trench Run! Keep in mind that this is not an online multiplayer version of the game; it’s a preview release to let you experience the game with friends or bots ASAP.

Get it here!​

Quite a lot of changes have been made in the last week; adapting to constant expo and other dev feedback, so there might be some stuff in there that’s under-tested. That said, the game stood up well to being projected on the wall and played and spectated by rows of (possibly drunk) people, so we’re pretty confident you’ll enjoy yourselves.

[​IMG]

What to expect:

• Quick turnaround, couch-friendly skirmish mode
    • Four classes designed to be as orthagonal as possible
    • Bullet spamming and tactical nades as Assault
    • Best *blam chk chk* experience out there as Sniper
    • Rockets and crates, crates, crates as Engineer
    • Sneaky backstabbing flashbanging action as Commando
    [​IMG]

What’s Coming:

• All the good stuff from the preorder poster.

• [​IMG]
    • Most important “Not Included Yet” points:
      • Online Multiplayer
      • Bigger/Longer/Sillier Game Modes
      • More Maps, Music and Overall Polish
      • A new class
    What to keep in mind:

• This is the initial release; everything’s subject to change etc etc etc. Standard “preview build” disclaimer stuff here, you should know the drill by now.
    • We’re a bit fried from A MAZE Berlin, so some of the more recent changes might be a little rough. Let us know if there’s anything broken that we’ve missed.
    • Have fun! It’s not a “serious” game and definitely a change of pace from KAG (or soldat!), so be sure to go in with an open mind and a smile on your face.
    • The game works best and is tested most on windows.
    • You’ll get a feel for some of it playing alone with a keyboard with bots, but TR is best enjoyed with four gamepads, four (or more) good friends, your choice of beer or wine (adults only of course) and a fat squishy couch.

Currently the game is available for pre-order for 33% off, with a four pack available at a rate of 50% so you and your couch buddies can continue playing together when the online modes come. Steam keys will of course be included once the game is on steam. You can buy it on the page above.

Have Fun!

Max, Michal, and everyone at THD

Lee_Shioon, Joiken, Noburu and 12 others like this.
  2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Verz - What about KAG?
    Geti - Abandon the ship!

3. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

geti logic iron logic

>this engine is shit, im tired of beta being shitty and annoying
    >let's make another game
    >on the same engine

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Something tells me it will be exactly the same as with KAG. Ded after 2, max 3 years. At least there is a small chance it will be not that bugged.

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

The game runs smoothly and already has great promise. Please go shitpost anywhere else @Fernegulus.

Edit: You too @RadioActive, why is everyone so fatalistic on the forums? Lol.

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Geti is the price change for real? Because I remember 3 years and 2 years ago.

Also where did fog of war go

RampageX likes this.
  7. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Can you people for once stop complaining and enjoy the games we make for you? Thanks in advance.

9. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I really don't care if its the same engine as KAG, as long as the game is fun :D So far its good.

10. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

kek you got me wrong

kittycity likes this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The demo against bots was a lot of fun! I can't wait for multiplayer!

12. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

A bot was one kill away from a win and I had five kills to go.
    The match starts.
    I snipe other two while he is left swinging his knife in the tunnels. One guy gets a health pack. I shoot him. He approaches another. I lie in wait. He grabs it; I strike. Suddenly, the other guy appears from below! He charges at, me and I shoot him in the face taking the win.

13. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

If anyone is interested in playing online with me, we can do TeamViewer and I'll host. I'm in Ontario, Canada. Just PM me on the forums!

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Lol, I trapped this commando in a building as the engineer, and he just kept slashing the shit out of my body

Will we be able to use the same account for trench run as we do for kag?

Lawrence_Shagsworth and 8x like this.
  15. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

It is for me @Potatobird, same account, just have to buy a key.

Also, @Furai is there any estimate on when online will be released? Does it come with the game release?

16. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

Just played the demo, it's a lot of fun. My mom walked in and asked if I was playing NES.
    But yea, keep up the good work! ::):

17. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

19. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Imo, sniper is the most chalenging class, still trying to master the quickscopes :rekt:
    Btw, cant wait for the booze ::P:

Fuzzle likes this.
  20. Had good fun playing it with bots and kinda online. Can't wait for multiplayer :^)

BlueLuigi and Anonymuse like this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey