1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cross-Code

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Rayne, Mar 12, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Even in firefox, hitting right click twice takes it out of the page, I suggest using the download tbh (or chrome).

GFluegel likes this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Im using firefox, doesnt do that to me. But the download is better, smoother and insta loading.

This game is amazing though, the graphics are smooth flowing and the art is really advanced. Everything flows together and the combat is just amazing. I mean IT HAS HEDGEHOGS AND GIANT CRABS.

GFluegel likes this.
  3. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

Great to see that this thread is still going, even without me posting stuff!
    Still, there's a lot to announce and also questions to answer, so here I am!
    First 3 important announcements:

1.Our Indiegogo campaign has been officially extended by another 30 days and now ends on the 26th of April! We hope that the amazing support we got keeps up so we can make it count!

2.The fanart contest is over and we got the results! There were some amazing submissions among the 21 we got, so you should definitely check them all out on our blog!
    I'll post the first 3 places (who'll also get a price) to give you a taste:

[​IMG]
    by Elin Meinecke
    [​IMG]
    by lazcht

Congratulations to the winning artists and many thanks to everyone who participated! Seriously, check out the blogpost, we received so much greatness...

3.Our weekly developer livestream will start in about an hour from now! Watch it on our Twitch-channel if you are interested.
    This time Lachsen, our main developer, will implement item-drops from enemies and answer questions, together with other members of our team!

Onto your feedback...

@thebonesauce: No worries, I liked your feedback a lot. I didn't even think that it was harsh. It was very informative! And you also said a lot of really nice and well written things about the game, so thank you a lot!
    Those other games look really interesting, from what I've read. I'll try to keep them in mind and take a closer look when I got the time.
    And the KAG-stuff sounds impressive as well, especially the modding-possibilities that I really haven't expected. I actually really got into the game this week and played quite a few online-sessions when I had a few spare minutes/hours. I was planning to play Archer a lot because ranged&hookshot reminded me a lot of Teewars/Teeworlds (an old multiplayer-love that I was killing back in the day), but then I was more into being a builder because I love creating strategic builds in a competetive environment... and also because those tend to be needed more...
    Anyway, I guess I'll also get more into KAG on the other forums. When I got the time, which sadly isn't right now...

@ShnitzelKiller: Yes, there was an early TechDemo in 2012 I believe. A lot has changed since then and you can be sure that we won't give up on the project after all that work. Even if the crowdfunding fails, we'll still do everything to finish it, just much slower!
    So there's no need to worry about supporting the project, unless we die in a plane crash or something.

Okay, gotta stop for now and do other things. Sorry if this post seems a bit sloppy, but I'll be back later and look into it again!

4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If you want pointers or a group of non scrubs (mostly) to play with in KAG PM BlueLuigi, Rayne or myself and we can give you info for the mumble server a lot of us use.

GFluegel likes this.
  5. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

Will do in time. Playing with a set group of players via Teamspeak/Mumble is always more fun than just pubbing.

On a sidenote, we reached 40k€ aka 50%! And now we need to collect the other 40k in the remaining 31~days.
    As usual everyone can help either by backing the project directly and/or by annoying other people with it, especially press-, stream- and YouTube people you might know!

6. EhRa

1. KRPG

Yeah i might post some stuff on my game making group thing about this.

GFluegel likes this.
  7. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

@eragon200012: That'd be a great help, thank you!

Guys, today I can proudly present the most important addition we ever had for CrossCode. There will finally be a solution for all those people who've had problems playing as the female Lea in the past and this solution is a way manlier character named Manlea!
    [​IMG]
    Yes, he's great and I think now everyone will be able to identify with at least one of our main characters. It'll totally be worth the 3-5 months of additional work!
    [​IMG]
    As usual, take a look at our blog for the complete update and more pictures!

8. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

this is all i've ever wanted

GFluegel likes this.
  9. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

Rayne, Noburu and Potatobird like this.
  10. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

The game will be shown off at A MAZE @Berlin end of the month and I might be there. Looks interesting, I'll have a closer look into it!

11. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wow I loved the demo... Looking forward to play the full! :D

GFluegel likes this.
  12. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

Got another pretty huge update on our blog, this time about the character classes that Lea can meet in the game (though not play as herself... D=).
    Read it here!

There's also another nice way to support CrossCode, by giving us a chance to visit the E3! To help us you gotta sign up here and then waste timeplay a clicking-minigame called Indieclicker with a link that you'll get via Email. Yes it's a huge time-waster but it's pretty amusing while listening to music or something.
    Currently we are pretty solid on 2nd place, with the first 5 entries going to E3, but more points always help!

Also we are still hosting an Ask Me Anything (AMA) on reddit to answer all kinds of fan-questions and it will still be open for about 4 more hours. Check it out!

13. EhRa

1. KRPG

A bit necro but meh.

This game is looking amazing, the art for those characters is very good. I'd love to be able to play some kind of multiplayer or minigame where you ca choose any of those said classes.

Looks good dude.

GFluegel likes this.
  14. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

Necro after a bit more than a week? That's some harsh interpretation of that word. xD
    Anyway, thanks a lot for the praise. There might be multiplayer-modes of some form, depending on how the development goes. It's not guaranteed since it's not very likely that we reach those stretch goals in our current campaign, but we might still do it at some point if development and collecting funds through other means goes well.

Speaking of...
    Our Indiegogo campaign is nearing it's last day and has reached over 95%, so it's actually looking not too bad right now!
    But to give the last day a bit more spice we decided to start a special event for everyone:

Introducing: THE LAST MINUTE HEROES
    [​IMG]

They are an old guild in CrossWorlds that is big and notorious for arriving just in the nick of time - to save the day!
    And you can become a member of this guild and get your name in the game by donating exactly 13€ to our Indiegogo campaign! What's more, you can also win one of several special roles in the game in a raffle that we'll hold at some point after the campaign (next weekend most likely). You can also have said special roles in addition to the advanced perks that you already have!

Best look at the latest campaign update or the blogpost for more details!

And that's it for now. I hope some of you like that sort of event and can give us a bit more support for that last stretch. Though we already appreciate the great feedback we got in this thread during the campaign!

15. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Not able to donate as money is quite tight at the moment :^(. How much is the finished product expected to cost?

EDIT: Found some money lying around and donated €25! Wonder what the poster and t-shirt will look like for the other tiers. @GFluegel , when will the beta testing begin?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Noburu and GFluegel like this.
  16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Cool guild, I just joined it, congrats on reaching the goal!

Noburu and GFluegel like this.
  17. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

Yep, we reached our goal and it's still going strong towards the first stretch goal "New Game+". Even though I expected more activity in the last days, the last 2 days were just insane.
    We are extremely thankful for all the support we got.

15€ or $ most likely, maybe a bit more in the beginning. We definitely don't want to punish our early backers for supporting us early by having a cheaper official release.

Awesome! We don't have a fixed goal right now, because of all the insecurities we had with the Indiegogo-campaign, the planning of our finances and the preparation of a future long-term early-access campaign. But it won't take very long. Expect it some time around May.

Also, we are having our weekly developer livestream right now. We are mostly celebrating reaching the goal and talk while Felix is doing some relaxed animations of silly things.

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

@GFluegel
    I've only just learned that some of you guys were behind one of the better RPG Maker games out there, Velsarbor!

Now I kinda wish I had the cash to donate during the campaign. :(

BlueLuigi and GFluegel like this.
  19. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Really cool game, I had a lot of fun playing it. I like the story a lot too.

GFluegel likes this.
  20. GFluegel

GFluegel Catapult Fodder

As you've most likely already seen, the campaign has ended last Sunday with the first stretch goal New Game+ at over 90k€ reached.
    We'll be having a large update about it and the future on our devblog later this evening.

Also, today at 20:00 (CEST) / 11 am (PDT) we'll be having our weekly DevStream on Twitch. Lachsen will be working on graphics for Rookie Harbor, the first real town of the game, while I will keep him company over Skype. Everyone is welcome to join and ask questions!

Yep, that was Lachsens huge RPG Maker 2000 project. In fact, it was the second one after Tara's Adventure, which he gave away to a friend of his, who's still working on it (also a really good light-hearted RPG, though a lot less refined of course).
    And I was helping him a bit with it back then. Simpler and very fun times, but it sadly became to time-consuming for a hobby-project that could never make money.

Thank you, I hope you'll keep following it. We intend to make it even better now!

thebonesauce, Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi