1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Troy_McMaster

Troy_McMaster Catapult Fodder

Try Gatchaman Crowds. I feel this is a musically brilliant adventure.

2. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

So wait, have you watched After Story yet? Maybe that's why you haven't cried yet, right? right? I'm right aren't I?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 15, 2014 ---
    Also, on the subject of Clannad and AS, having finished AS today. I feel fucking terrible and great at the same time, gosh man, 3 times my eyes produced man sweat. I won't be able to listen to any OST for a while or it will trigger, you know, the feels. The third anime to make me cry ( First being AB! ending and second being TTGL ending, which might be a bit weird but marathoning something you completely love and having it disappear in a day is a terrible feeling) First season of Clannad I though of it pretty good, not amazing or anything but was a fun ride, After Story is where it shines, dammit, I could go on about this for ages. I have also watched AnoHana, it was sad but I didn't properly cry, my eyes got a bit watery but that was it. I won't be watching anime for a while, this always happens after watching a great series, now the feeling that there aren't any good series left anymore, I feel so, what's the word... Oh, I know, empty.

3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Damn I finally find the anime thread and all my favourite animes have been mentioned lol.

Just to give my list of anime I feel are a must watch if you somehow haven't already:

Trigun
    (One of those golden action types)

Cowboy Bebop
    (Same formula + an adorable corgi)

Mushishi
    (Each episode is just breathtaking in the supernatural universe it creates)

Nichijou
    (Like azumanga daioh only insanely slapstick it's amazing)

Arakawa under the bridge
    (Favourite RomCom anime because dat setting that isn't a school and insane characters <3)

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    (Because this anime was doing the sickly cutesy stuff to oh lord everyone is a psychotic murderer spectrum before it was cool)

And lastly Berserk.
    Because I need my strong dosage of lovecraftian horror in my animes :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Hawxx, BlueLuigi and NinjaCell like this.
  4. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

My opinion(new anime watched etc.)

MY FAVSSSSSSSSSS {
    Nanatsu no Taizai(cool, it's about an adventure YARRR)

Death Parade(very cool, well drawn)

Tokyo Ghoul(my fav, well drawn and very cool story)
    }
    Other random cool animez{
    Deadman Wonderland

Parasyte(stopped watching at ep13 because BOOOOORING, well drawn)
    }

BlueLuigi and SirDangalang like this.
  5. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

20150201_211320.jpg

^ also a hint to anime we probably have all seen and love ;3

To speak upon anime currently ongoing for some reason I feel burnt out on stuff which I have enjoyed initially, namely Psycho Pass and Durarara which initial seasons were amazing.

For now I most look forward to Death Parade since I love the psychological aspects to it already :)

BlueLuigi and AmestriStephen like this.
  6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Necro:

the only things im watching this season are Plastic Memories, DanMachi, and Kekkai Sensen.

anything else i should watch or give a try for?

7. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Shokugeki no Souma and the sequels: Yahari, Fate/Stay Night UBW, Knights of Sidonia.

My favorite of this season would be Kekkai Sensen for now.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Owari no Seraph, Denpa Kyoushi, Grisaia no Rakuen (It's the second Grisaia season though, but I highly recommend watching both seasons + the 50min OVA which takes place within the 2 seasons).

RampageX and Galen like this.
  9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I think Pokemon is a pretty good anime. You should watch it. There's this funny guy named Brock. What a character.

10. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

That's the one with giant mechs, isn't it?

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Don't be an idiot. It's the one with Haruna-chan and the little cat-rabbit that grants wishes for Madoka.

butterscotch likes this.
  12. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I finished Akame Ga Kill a little while ago, I thought the character development and like-ability and the high stakes of the show were good, but the deaths felt a little meaningless by the end. I started One Piece finally, it's fun but kinda dumb so far.

13. War_Crab

War_Crab Ballista Bolt Thrower

Code Geass

14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Whoa, this thread lives.

I finished a show called Outbreak Company recently, which was absolutely amazing. It's about a hardcore otaku who gets a job educating a recently discovered society (basically a different world) about otaku culture. I thought it would be a complete joke and only good for laughs, but it actually takes a serious look at some of the issues when differing cultures interact. Still plenty of ridiculous and lulzy shenanigans, but it was surprisingly good at having an actual plot. Highly recommended for those who are well-versed in otaku vocabulary.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Excellent show. It's in my top 10. Is there a sequel season yet? I hope there is.

If you liked it, check out this manga (The translation itself sucks but the story is amazing): http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gate-Jietai-Kare-no-Chi-nite-Kaku-Tatakeri

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Outbreak Company is also on my top 10 most likely, absolutely loved it. I highly doubt it'll get the sequel it deserves though, the manga died after 49 chapters, no idea about the LN as I don't think anyone's translated it properly.

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Just noticed the title "[​IMG]"
    Someone care to fix this terrible mistake?

tytyty Galen

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  18. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I've been watching season two of Yahari Ore (My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected).
    It's really good and a lot of it is just subtle stuff. I often have to replay to read Hachiman's thoughts on what other people are saying or to look at someone's reactions.

Not sure if I've mentioned it here before but the protagonist is basically a bit of a loser who complains about others and he is forced to join a club to help people out with their problems. This actually sounds pretty standard (plus both of the other club members are girls), but it is so much better than it may first appear. Usually, I find mains like this annoying, but the worst/best thing is, Hachiman is often very right. (At least more so than the other characters) At almost no point is someone totally right and the other totally wrong. Like I said earlier, the reactions are just fantastic, especially in the new season. Hachiman's VA must be some kind of genius.

Hawxx likes this.
  19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

At this point, nobody cares about the thread title. We've all silently agreed to treat this as Anime Discussion General.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. Mazey

You should feel ashamed, that's obviously not what I'm talking about.
    Animes is not a word, and on most (anime) forums this word will either get you banned or a lot of hate mail. The plural of anime is anime.

RampageX likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi