1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spike trapping trap + loot collector

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by dayleaf, Feb 23, 2015.

1. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Hello, i was bored and created this (copied from somewhere) its a very simple trap, it can be literally built with the resupply resources and a bit of mining.
    the total cost is:
    105 :stone_mat:
    20:wood_mat:
    + (whatever you use for the backwalls)
    screen-15-02-23-16-06-37.png

But then, i started to upgrade it, and this is the final result:

From outside:
    screen-15-02-23-15-57-14.png

and from inside:

screen-15-02-23-15-55-53.png
    How it works: well, its easy, the enemy falls in it, dies from the spikes, and the loot falls to the bottom, there are many ways how it can be built, you can remove the loot area, you can only put 1 platform or 1 trapblock, you can only use 2 spikes or make it smaller.

(side note: the loot has a 33% of possibilities to fall and a 66% to stay in the trap, however, you can jump from the bottom and tap C to get the loot, and dont worry, you wont get caged, the trapblock is there to stop you)

It didnt took much to build, but it is expensive, mainly if you want to build all the add-ons i built.

2. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Found one problem with the cheap version that I've encountered with many of my traps.
    The Dead Bodies. They will trigger your trap block so teammates can fall through and get caught in the trap. You would have to manually remove them from your trap which could be a pain - then there's the teammates that will complain if they get stuck.
    screen-15-03-02-11-23-51.png

Fun Fact - bodies fall through doors
    This is a good way to have a self removing body mechanism included in the trap.
    Good trap too. Useful.

Blubahub and Blue_Tiger like this.
  3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Problem with that is if, for whatever reason, blue player is holding down, he can fall through and when the trap block is deactivated, the blue player is trapped. A solution is replacing the doors with upward facing platforms :thumbs_up:.

Heh, and a more obvious one is if the trap block is activated and a blue player hops in. he's stuck until he destroys the platform. Might be rare, but highly annoying. It's best to use these little mini-traps as small damage to weaken foes.

Blubahub and Draco1991 like this.
  4. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

Wait, for the original trap can't you stand right in the middle and not get spiked?

Blubahub and Draco1991 like this.
  5. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Yeah I found this too,if you stand directly in the middle then the spikes won't be able to hit you. I might make another version that removes that bug from the trap.

Blubahub likes this.
  6. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Yup, the original trap is unneficient, slow, gets stuck and has many other disadvantages, that is why i upgraded it :rekt:

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

If you have time to build this, you are already winning the match.

Chukka likes this.
  8. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

(Remember that a lot of the add-ons of the trap aren't necessary, like the 6 upper platforms, you can just use 3, sort of same with the 2 in the bottom, where you just can use 1)
    Now i think, i never built it in a battle, i want to see results with human bodies and see how efficient it is at killing people and stealing the good (don't call the police pls)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2015, Original Post Date: May 2, 2015 ---
    screen-15-05-03-13-12-04.png
    got 2 so far, but maybe i would get more if i build it in the exterior of the base (not enough space and too dangerous)

Draco1991 likes this.
  9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

exactly how are you supposed to properly test a trap built behind your flag

lucky you even got 2 kills

Draco1991 likes this.
  10. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I actually said that i couldnt do it in front of it, it was too dangerous, however, the trap didn't got too many kills due to placing, but still defended the flag entrance.

Edit: to don't make another posting (@Jackard ) i will put this here.
    i guess you didnt get what i tried to say, if you have the time, and the front line is empty for some seconds, you can build it; its like saying a tower is not practical because the builder couldn't build it because of knights and archers

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Cheesey_Senpai likes this.
  11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

doesnt sound very practical then does it

12. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

:3

Blubahub and Cheesey_Senpai like this.
  13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

shh dont tell him the answer! goddamn! hes supposed to figure out "all traps are pointless" on his own!