1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Usefulness of burgers and healing items

Discussion in 'Knight' started by PeggleFrank, May 7, 2015.

1. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Foreword: I do not main Knight. These are just the things I've noticed so far.

Are healing items ever useful? They're cheap, but require you to make a not-so-useful shop (quarters) that takes up space and wood. The large meal costs the least and heals the most if I remember correctly, but you can't keep it in your inventory, and you can only use it at the quarters. The burger can be brought anywhere, but costs more (again, correct me if I'm wrong) and only heals one heart. And eggs, of course, are used for chickens; not for healing.

What I don't get is what the point of buying a meal is when you can just rest for ~7 seconds and recover your health that way, and why in the world you would bring along a burger to a fight. If you die with a burger, it presumably drops on the ground just like a heart, and your enemy can pick it up for free health. Additionally, to use a burger, you would need to open your inventory and click it to use it, which seems like it would be rather time-consuming. In the time it would take you to open your inventory and use a burger, you've probably already taken more than 1 hearts of damage in a duel.

Again, I don't play Knight often, but these are things that I don't really understand the point in. I haven't seen healing items used at all in any of the main servers, so I would presume they're only useful with a coordinated, competitive team. If I have a fact wrong, do tell.

2. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

nope , it heals all the damage you took (even 3.5 hearts) [full heal]
    lol , yeah eggs are used to get chickens but also they are used to heal (just like burgers , full heallth) ::P:
    let's suppose an enemy knight went to your base and you have a 1/2 heart (you have to heal yourself) , do you really think the enemy will find you resting for 7 sec without being able to defend yourself without killing you? (-_-)' , so the meals/food/burgers/eggs are more practical that way.
    when fighting an enemy there is a chance to win ... and there is a chance to loose , that's how it works but it's up to you to know if you're powerful enough to get a dangerous weapon with you that could be used against you and your team ( foods,kegs,bombs, arrows,...)
    I suppose you don't know that you could heal yourself by pressing the "Space" button , and you will consume whatever type of food in your inventory (could be used to use hearts as well)
    that's because in the main official servers , most of the players are just trying to win (and have fun) without paying attention to how many times they died or they killed other players. If you do want to see how much quarters are used just try to join a "Gather" match (with tickets) or any server that uses the "Tickets" mod and you will see that every team will focus on healing and avoiding being killed (some of them would even prefer building quarteers on building knightshops bro).

RadioActive, toffie0 and PeggleFrank like this.
  3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Burger is love; Burger is life :D

But seriously the use of burgers and health items in general even picking up hearts I feel is quite underutilised.

The fact that in previous builds you could stack up to 4 (?) burgers in one inventory slot practically made tactical knights immortal if given the space to heal.

At the time I even posted whether being a meat shield burger munching tank was a viable strategy haha.

https://forum.kag2d.com/posts/307759/

Even in it's faded glory a single burger in a knights inventory slot can turn the tide of battle in crushing a equally weakened foe at a critical moment!

As Bruce Lee once said: :food:
    Be burger my friend; be burger.

:r_flex::B)::flex:

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

BlackJoker pretty much covered it, so not much to say...

Alright, burgers are pretty useful, if anyone's ever tried to kill a builder whose trying to kill you, and who has some burgers, it's pretty hard, even as knight.... Basically it allows you access to heal, while in battle, as long as you don't get double slashed etc. in one hit, you should be good.

Used right, as a knight, the burger could probs make you nearly invincible

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

bite your tongue - quarters are great

toffie0 likes this.