1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game is dying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Haxor

70 players and 101 servers the moment I am typing this. If you don't do something drastic I give it maximum a year.

bunnie and Jackard like this.
  2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Let's see here, it's exam season for the majority of the playerbase, so most people are probably busy right now... honestly, I'm getting pretty sick of you whining and complaining about how "dead" the game is.

3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

The only thing that is dead here is the horse you're beating @Leo.

There will be a dedicated player base for a long time to come, as KAG is addictive as hell. And @Auburn has a point anyway. The game may not have thousands of players on constantly, but it's a great game to go back to when you're bored.

4. Leo

Leo Haxor

Honestly I don't give a fuck if you are getting "sick". Do not read my posts.

bunnie, Brightside and PinXviiN like this.
  5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Nice av/post combo. Kudos.

6. Leo

Leo Haxor

Why the hell I even bother ? Some mod lock this please.

Brightside likes this.
  7. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

It is a good question, why would you bother posting a useless topic like this? Lol.

8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

it's living because there are 5+ modded servers on the first top 8 servers

vanilla & official sucks, let the modded servers live!

Brightside likes this.
  9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well average below 100 players isn't really active, either. The game has too many problems to really fix with this current version, though.

Brightside likes this.
  10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Yea? We'll see.

11. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I guess I'm strange because in some ways I like that there are not a insane number of players. You trade mass multi-player with a smaller intimate group of core players and the result is a more enriched gaming experience as you bump into them often enough to make friends (unless your objective is motherhubbardry :rektlord:). Instead of a sea of anons that eventually you have no attachment to you get experienced players with their crazy strategies, insane skills and weird quirks that you want to play with.

The perfect amount of KAG players for me is enough to fill your 32 slot CTF server to the point where it lags my laptop to oblivion, which I feel happens often :wink:
    The fact that I might know most of those players playing is the icing on the cake ::D:

12. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

KAG is just fkin amazing. Small community? That is even better. But the game itself isnt dyin brabra,

13. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

We should be grateful this game is still alive. Even when you're 90 years old, you don't mourn over the day that you will die; you celebrate the day that you were born, and you celebrate that you are still alive. If you must constantly wonder when you will die, you are not enjoying the life you still have available to you, and your death will come sooner. Preserve this game and celebrate its existence; you'll be much more motivated to keep playing it.

14. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

KAG's a game that took me a long time before I started to get bored. I have been playing it for around 2 years, and it is always a game I can come back to and play whenever. I do agree that the player base is going down, which you can tell from here. http://steamcharts.com/app/219830#All
    I agree that there will be a time when no one is playing kag, but we should be grateful that people still play it. As for you server hosters, if you are paying for a public server, I would shut down the server if I were you, because there are always official servers for people to play on. If your not paying for your server, then I would keep it active unless you want to use your resources for something else. This is just my personal opinion, so don't hurt me. :heart:

EDIT: Well said @PeggleFrank. :)

15. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

The official servers are shizzle compared to BD.
    Also, it's quite thankless to advice admins to shut their servers.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Blue_Tiger, Rayne and PUNK123 like this.
  16. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Long live KAG. I feel like a boost in competitive play would breathe new life into the game. MLK Season 2? Regardless, player retention is still an issue.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  17. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

This is a screenshot of how many servers are up atm.
    http://gyazo.com/0e05c4c0c51766f33f89586934cd35c3

96 servers with 94 players.

I'm not saying that all server owners who are paying for their servers should shut down their server(s), but having basically the same amount of players as servers is just silly, and they would save money.

Brightside and RampageX like this.
  18. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

i love the fact that apparently according to community kag is dying since 2 years

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Game's been "dying" forever. Here's the last year, the spike is last year's steam summer sales.
    [​IMG]
    Definitely getting low in the tail, but its by no means a linear drop off with these things.

20. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

what are the empty periods? an inactive tracker?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.