1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game is dying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I've also tried using the filter option to find friends online but I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't work at all. That'd be a nice fix.

2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

All in all, it's really sad to see such a teamwork-heavy game not even come close to the functionality offered 15 years ago by Starcraft 1 era Battle.net

3. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

re: developers available = 2. Starcraft developers available = lots. Not easy to maintain when new features are being added often and the guy who does the art also has to program, do bugfixes, rally testers, post updates about progress etc.

4. to be fair, Bnet 0.2 used by SC2 (and other Blizz games) is nowhere close to the SCBW Battle.net either

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

What, was this made in a vacuum? Devs can't use the lessons learned 15 years ago?

Also, Wesnoth = another teamwork indie game, includes a basic multiplayer lobby

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  6. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

Fuzzy I love you even moreno homofor pointing this out. If it weren't for the awesome people that I have met in kag, I would have been long gone from the game. So many people to list, but if it weren't for the original Lk teamspeak and shark mumble I would have never stuck around and met awesome people like @makmoud98 @rymcd @SlamDuncan @kedram @dual_chiecken @PanduhsFTW @sangfroid @MrIcarus @Fellere825 @Potatobird @kittycity @Kububv @weman713 @Auburn @Arcrave @Yaggerinsert ruse face here @Arcrave @Rayne and many more! (I will be on mumble much more once summer break starts. <3) If I didn't mention you don't feel sad there are just too many people to list. Making friends makes your experience so much better. We have had so many awesome memories from going on aphelions as orcs and chanting "ORC ORC ORC ORC" when winning a battle, to screwing around with a gun mod. Try making some friends in kag, and your experience will be so much better!

makmoud98 and Kububv like this.
  7. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

wtf? if a basic multiplayer lobby is all it takes for a game to be good. Then I guess kag has it. It has a server browser which is the games equivalent it has chat. Note: it also has a way to automatically put you in populated servers based on a few clicked preferences, you don't even have to choose. Also wesnoth yet again has more devs, infact it has a whole community it's open source and part of the google summer of code. People can take lessons learned from anything. Having the time to apply them though not necessarily.

8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yea, I think it might not work when you're looking for people who play KAG via Steam.

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Witch, your unfamiliarity with the subject and insistence on chiming in disappoints me. :huh?:

Basic social features would have done much more good than extra tutorials or dumb shit like cheevos. If people stick around for the community, then those would only help. But that ship has sailed.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  10. Verrazano

I lack in seeing my "unfamiliarity" with the subject. I have simply pointed out what you have apparently failed to notice the game does have, and I have every right to chime in and speak when I please. I'd ask you to refrain from trying to be rude, but rather talk about the subject you are trying convey.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Cool, now pretend you never saw my apparently infuriating reference to Battle.net and point out one untrue thing about my opening statement. It would seem you are the one who has gotten off-track here.

12. Verrazano

Didn't know that infuriated was the emotion I was showing there. Just trying to I've you a nice counter to the "why doesn't kag have a basic multiplayer lobby". Maybe it does. I'm no expert like you though. ;)|

13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

KAG server browser is not a real lobby and is lacking basic social features. Hope this helps clear things up.

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

upload_2015-5-13_23-56-43.png
    what do you mean kag is dead

EhRa, darDar, Chrispin and 4 others like this.
  15. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

[​IMG]
    mfw kag ded

16. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

someone joining their own server with 100 clients doesnt mean we have higher player activity

17. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

how old is that screenshot

18. The player limit on a server is 32 you scrub!

19. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Could not of said it better FBB, I bought this game expected merely some nostalgia on some past experiences.
    Instead I found a group of like minded people, who the majority of them enjoyed sandbox, team-work based games.

I'm the kind of person who actually hates things that are too easy, once I started to learn an instrument, taught myself how to read music then gave up because it became boring.
    I love difficult learning curves, and to be honest the only reason I really stayed was because a certain someone I saw bomb jumping over the enemy's base and slashing the whole team to shreds and annihilating their whole team.

I thought "I wan't to be like that" and I queued an epic training montage, joined a *few* clans and here I am.

But it's not the clan wars, or mods that keep me here (Mods are cool though) it really is the community.
    The feeling that we are all intertwined in some (non-homo) massive web that keeps this game going.

Had these forums not of existed, I would not be playing this game at all today (To clarify I have no internet so I can't be "playing" kag anyway 78787878).

Yet I am still involved in the actual community regardless of my current position to participate in online matchmaking.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  20. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Games not dead. 1v1 of the century right here:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.