1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best VG Music

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Darksteel, May 16, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

What, in your opinion is the best Video game music?

My favorite is the end theme from Wario Land 2 on the GBC.

Fate likes this.
  2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Almost all of the DKC, FF7, and Smash Bros. songs are awesome. Here's a favourite:

Darksteel likes this.
  3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Recent favourites:
    Freedom Planet OST: Final Dreadnought 3

Cave Story OST: Running Hell

Otherwise... any song from Bastion and/or Transistor.

4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Shovel Knight music, can't resist the snes vibe!

dnmr and Fate like this.
  5. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Number 27, Requiem of the Shield Knight is something that will forever give me goosebumps.

6. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

Not sure if this fits in, but it's one of my favourite video game compositions. Love it, from the start till the end.

Auburn likes this.
  7. Love most SNES music but Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country are definitely my favorites. I'm not sure if it's because of how much I played them or if the soundtracks are just that great.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

That music from Cave Story's hell stage really got to me, along with the insane difficulty of that level, the story, the everything. It was a damn good "extra" part of the game. There isn't really anything else like that for me.

9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Yes, Cave Story was on a completely different level compared to 99% of other indie games made at that time. That game will always hold a special place in my heart.

On a side note, I vaguely remember how to play some of the themes on my flute, good stuff.

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Hm, OST thread?
    Good, I have some GBA game OSTs to share I often like to listen.

SoM

(skip to 0:55, i couldn't get a version with only the battle music sadly)

Pkmn red

GS1/2

I have all of those in high quality .gsf, if anyone wants a mp3 or stuff call me, I'll try to convert them

11. Potatobird

One of my faves from Towerfall

Goddamn, the more I listen to it the better it gets

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Asu and Lawrence_Shagsworth like this.
  12. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Because of nostalgia purposes, this will forever be my favorite piece of music from video games:

I could listen to this theme all day long, I actually have the morning theme (the first bit of the song) as my alarm that wakes me up to start my day.
    (OoT was pretty much my best childhood friend (I just realized I had a pretty sad childhood))
    But I pretty much love everything from The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter series.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf

Not sure if people still use this, but this was the shit in like 2006-2007, I don't remember if it floated around much outside of /v/ and aersia.net

14. Potatobird

Gonna necro this thread with music from Crypt of the Necrodancer, how fitting, harharhar
    Obviously the music had to be pretty good for this game, and there's a lot of it :P

...and some other stuff too I guess

here's one from Dustforce, really relaxing and catchy, like pretty much everything from Dustforce. Listening to this stuff made repeatedly failing the same level much less frustrating.

Also Undertale should be mentioned, it had a great soundtrack. I think it's pretty cool that the whole game was pretty much made by one guy, music and all.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    dnmr and SirDangalang like this.
  15. Asu

Great occasion to introduce Touhou - I totally love the 7th game's OST. Totally worth it to spend half of your life to encounter the final theme :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6nZIzGWYXU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis2TtxdFjQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqvp2ST2jFw
    (go play it)
    One from ISC (I only played 6, 7 and probs gonna try ISC or STB as well)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfN7FF6dxOk

16. Potatobird

That's some good stuff but I wasn't really into Undertale for the bullet hell parts, they were just a bonus :P

Oh hey, just noticed Freedom Planet was in here. I got that game in the last steam sale, it's awesome, and filled with good music. Such a perfect example of a retro style game done right. Here's one of my favorites:
    Thermal base, Fortune night 2, Dragon valley 1, Aqua tunnel, Relic maze, Battle glacier, they're all great. And there's a lot of awesome boss music too.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Fate likes this.
  17. Asu

I was mostly referring to the "done by one guy" part.

Biurza likes this.
  18. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

"Dust","Flatline" and "She Meditates" from Hotline Miami 1 and Hotline Miami 2

19. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

20. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Now I want to play it again.

Mods: BlueLuigi