1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

omg flat maps are bad - no they aren't bad you are bad

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Jackard, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

You're right, no server owner in their right mind would implement new maps, let's surrender now.

8x likes this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

you first

3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

its always best when there are the least amount of moles alive as possible

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Maybe there should be moles underground that eat tunnellers if they stay under for too long.
    DeadlyMole.jpg

5. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I used to be in a clan dedicated to tunneling and I take offense to that.

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Yea it was called MOLE clan

7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Meh, we were STARTED because of tunneling, but over the years we've all taken a rather disapproving stance against tunneling.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

because it is super boring and all maps should be made to discourage tunneling straight to the flag

AmestriStephen and butterscotch like this.
  9. Forsooth

Forsooth Catapult Fodder

Is there a way to make tunneling more fun or exciting? (And, more specifically, make it interact with the other team a bit more?) It seems a shame to give up and try to actively discourage it, but I have to admit that it's not very fun for either party as it is now.

10. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I could not possibly think of one thing that would make it more fun, as most of the time it's just builders by themselves and no one cares/wants to deal with them or the tunnels themselves are filled with knights who are randomly slashing with no skill involved. Everything about tunneling makes the game worse.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Would napalm make tunnels fun?

J-man2003 and EhRa like this.
  12. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Making lanterns shine further and showing people how important they can be would help a fair amount against tunneling imo.

I'd also like for the air pockets in doors to be changed (so you can't just spam half a door to catch a breath) which would make flooding tunnels more effective on maps that allow for it.

Anonymuse likes this.
  13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Booo! Don't take away the air pockets!

J-man2003 and Brightside like this.
  14. Brightside

Brightside Shipwright

heX that's stupid, but would be cool if it wasn't inf water, and was more calculated, and had mass.

J-man2003 likes this.
  15. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

How is it stupid? Right now flooding isn't very effective against tunneling because of air pockets. There should be a way to create dry passages underwater, but right now it's way too easy to just build a half door and be done with it.
    I agree mostly with non-infinite water, I never really liked how it is now. I'd love for there to be a way to "spawn" water though (maybe a well you can build where you can fill buckets which you can use to create mini-lakes, would be cool for a mod maybe), if water mechanism was changed..

Anonymuse likes this.
  16. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

@heX_ has a point, as it's superbly annoying to take out shops/tunnels that are protected by water atm. Flooding should be a legitimate strategy.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Water is partly supposed to be anti-tunneling mechanic, door pockets make that pointless.

18. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

SirDangalang likes this.
  19. Forsooth

Forsooth Catapult Fodder

Improving lanterns seems like a good idea, since it provides a countermeasure that makes tunnels more interactive. Plus it's a relatively small change, so it seems unlikely to have unwanted side effects. I don't know how much impact it would have, but they don't seem to get used much right now, so...

J-man2003 and Potatobird like this.
  20. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I wouldn't mind if they added pigs to the game and we could tunnel under the enemy bases and burn the pigs to collapse their walls. Just picture how funny it would be if you saw a whole bunch of builders carrying dead pigs into a tunnel. If my team lost to that I would be laughing my ass off

AmestriStephen likes this.