1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Group deletion

Discussion in 'Groups' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, May 18, 2015.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Snake19, @Fuzzle, @CapitanForceX

Hey guys, I hate to break up the party and all, but rule #4 of this section clearly states:
    Rather than just delete the group outright I thought I'd give you a chance to save any stuff/info you've posted here and put it up somewhere else (like a PM/convo). Please ping me when you've saved all the content you'd like to save.

2. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Oh thank you FBB I spent more than 15 hours to do all of these tactics.
    Thank you for letting us a chance to recover.
    Yet I was asked Skinney and other moderators to ask you if we could post this here ... despite the rule because there is already a ton of group of clan!
    so I thought, why not us?
    Excuse me FBB but I do not understand why we can not have a clan group for writing secretly our tactics? ::(:

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Mmm. Good question.

When the rule was first written there were two groups: General and Clans, so we didn't want clans put in the general section. After we removed the Clans section it was decided that clans could have threads here (https://forum.kag2d.com/forums/clans.113/) and that any private/secret content could be put in PMs. The reason for this was to cut out having to delete old/dead/abandoned clans (which was time consuming & annoying).

Additionally, bc the Social Forums addon (i.e. the Groups addon) is buggy (often not giveing people alerts, even if they post in/watch threads) it cut down on the questions & complaints the admins were getting from people who didn't understand just how badly buggy Groups was/is.

I'm willing to revisit the idea of allowing Clans to have sections here; but I'd like to hear some good reasons for why a PM (or even several PMs) couldn't be used instead.

4. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Simple: It's impossible to keep a vast amount of PM's organized. It should be permitted to have a Social Forum if your clan is in 'Social/Casual' or 'Competitive'. If a clan is moved to 'Dead/Inactive' its Social Forum should be deleted / removed as well.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

You are aware of the ability to star convos, to add prefixs, etc., right? Using some of these options (http://grab.by/HmhI) should vastly improve your ability to keep PMs organised.

That said, I'll think it over and bounce the idea off-of the mods and other admins. I don't want to be unreasonable or make things unnecessarily difficult for others; but, otoh, I'm also keenly aware that allowing clan groups will be creating lots of work for myself cleaning up after all those (silly) people who make clans, run then for a few weeks, then decide to give up and start a whole new one. >_<

6. CapitanForceX

CapitanForceX Drill Rusher

I think that Clans should have a group section for many reasons.
    (I only want to say that i often write on the forum so i don't know if via PM you can do the things that i will put in the following list)
    1. It's impossible to describe a simple thing, like tactic, in a simply thread where people can post simple messages that ruin all of your work.
    2. A Clan group is a "box" where there are all usefull thing for the clan, i mean tactics, a thread as list where you can see how much your ppl are active and many other things.
    I think that a clan group will be an awesome things for people who want to make a clan, a serious clan, not a simply group of 5 person or less who want to do a cw and then be inactive.

Anyway thanks to adviced us before deleting our group ::)::thumbs_up:

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

@Snake19, did you have anything to add?

I'll bring the topic up with the rest of the forums staff and see if any of then have any particularly comment to give; after which I'll make a decision.

8. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

While each clan must have a "clan presentation page" in the "Clans" section.

If a person post a presentation clan in the group section without posted in the other section before then yes for me it is justified that the group be deleted.
    because he must first to present his clan to show it is "existing."

Besides that,
    Group section is useful because only the invited members in the group can see the conversation, so it's good for write secrets tactics for example.
    Moreover groups has the creation of system "topic / Theard" is that is to sort discitions like a forum.
    Finally each new message in the group are signaled by alerts so very convenient for those active on the forum and not necessarily think of going to see the group by themselves.

(Sorry for my english , i'm on phone ^^')
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2015, Original Post Date: May 19, 2015 ---
    Soooo, we can keep the group ? : 3

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

Haha, sorry about not getting back to you; life's been a tiny bit completely crazy while I finish up exams for the semester.

The way it looks I'll be resorting Clans with a groups section integrated into it. When I do, you guys will have to set up a new group over there (the tools for moving groups about are really buggy, so it's easier/more reliable if you just copy over threads into a new place, if that's fine?) but until I reorganise things (probably a few weeks to a month away--there'll be an announcement when it happens) feel free to keep using the space.

If you've any further questions, suggestions, etc. please feel free to voice them. ::):

10. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Thank you Fuzzzy : 3