1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archers Regenerating Arrows

Discussion in 'Balance' started by J-man2003, May 16, 2015.

?

Do you think this should be added?

Poll closed May 16, 2016.
  1. Yes, definitly

20.7%
  2. No, not at all

48.3%
  3. Maybe

13.8%
  4. I would like something added to balance archers, but not this

17.2%
  1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I don't mean to come off as an elitist ass, but if you don't play Archer, you don't understand how it works, and shouldn't convince yourself that you know what is good or bad for them, as you just don't quite get it.
    From an outside perspective, it might seem stupid, but when I used to play, never ran out of arrows. Never. Not even before there was the 60 arrows max, unless you manually put arrows in.
    And being able to buy arrows and such is actually a really good thing, as you don't need to run back to base for more arrows, or as another class, you can bring some arrows to the front line if they are somehow in short supply.

And your comment about the fact that archers shouldn't need to rely upon builders, . . . *sigh*
    Everything in the game relies upon the other classes.
    - Knights can attack, defend, break dirt and wood, but without builders helping them get through or over something, or withouth archer's cover fire or arrow ladders, they can't advance.
    - Builders can do so much, but they can't go forward without knights and archers killing those in their path, or at least intimidating the others into not just chasing the builder.
    - Archers need knights to be the meat while they pick the others off (for the less advanced archers, at least), and builders helps the knights advance, and thus, helps the archers advance.

The most basic and fundamental basis that makes this game work is that you NEED to rely upon other classes, no matter what, so I can't fathom that someone who plays this game often can think that classes shouldn't have to rely upon another.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Agreed. I don't think archers should be able to camp a spot unless it is a properly built spot.

I rarely ran out of arrows anyhow because of all my teammates dying.

Brightside likes this.
  3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Well, builders have to build the archer shop.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2015, Original Post Date: May 20, 2015 ---
    Of course, but (even though I do not play archer as much as the other classes) it is clear that the unfair advantage everyone else has on archer is the fact they have a limited primary weapon. As said at the beginning, it doesn't make sense to have to buy or travel just for your primary weapon, and since spamming is a slight problem, this would fix that, too.

Geti's idea is slightly silly, because we all now how TTH shops work if you build them high in the sky *cough* bomb rain *cough* and arrows would be no different, so in fact there should be another, more balanced way of handling this.

4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

lol, TTH

Tern likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I must be missing how free arrows all the time is somehow harder to spam from a high point on the map than free arrows from a shop that you have to build there is? I also miss the relevance of the comparison to TTH when TTH resupply is only on respawn or class change?

As many people have pointed out, the archer's time on the battlefield is much more limited by their HP than their arrow count, as you tend to amass 60 arrows at all time simply holding WD or WA on the battlefield, let alone actively scavenging. As someone pointed out above, the builder has no range (and isn't a combat unit), the knight has very limited and coin-consuming ammo for all of their ranged attacks; the archer gets to do damage over distance, for that they have to resupply every now and again, or scavenge. This isn't going to change.

No, some of this doesn't apply in TDM, but archers running out of arrows then can choose to swap to knight, grapple stomp, find a shop or look for a corpse.

I do wish people didn't pretend classes exist in a vacuum. There's no limit on you to stay as one class the entire game - if a situation isn't favourable to that class, it's your own stupid fault if you remain as that class at that point in time. This applies equally to the archers trying to solo groups of knights (without the necessary luck, skill, and ping), knights running into well defended towers (without any form of suppressing fire or a builder to cover), and builders standing idle waiting for the battlefield to clear.

Dargona1018 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  6. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Dargona is right:

[​IMG]

tl;dr All classes rely on each other no matter how you put it :3

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    toffie0, Anonymuse and Dargona1018 like this.
  7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I'm an independent archer and I don't need no knight.

toffie0 likes this.
  8. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Shhshshshhhh... @Blue_Tiger Denial is the first step to swallowing the truth!

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I said I didn't understand the point of Fuzzle's post is because I already brought up the fact that reclaiming arrows is silly and depends on the amount of players; which is unbalanced.

Knights do not have to aim as tactically is archers-what I should've said in the first place.

Arrow spam is ineffective because of the fact that arrows with no charge do barely enough damage; and besides that it is a viable strategy; it is only using the arrows' gravity to the archers' advantage.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 3, 2015 ---
    Because archers should have the ability to stay in battle longer whilst having a primary weapon; why I propose having a slow regeneration of arrows. (instead of reclaiming arrows off the ground, which depends on the amount of players in a server, which doesn't make sense since in matches with more players you die more often and use arrows less often) The regeneration would still make archers have limitation to their primary weapon because it's ranged; but they wouldn't be limited to the amount of time they could spend in the battlefield.

Also introducing realism into video games is not a valid argument.

The whole point is; archers shouldn't have a primary weapon.

In the end I do not care if this gets implemented or not; I just think it would be more balanced for the game, and better for it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2015 ---
    I like how in the current game archers also have one more reliance on builders: for archer shops for continual resupplies in the (literal) middle of battle.