1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important Suggestions

Discussion in 'Groups' started by bunnie, May 19, 2015.

1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Suggest new things and new spells in this thread.

- Don't suggest things that already are on main page
    - Don't suggest OP things, try to make it balanced

2. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

Ok so classic KAG has 3 main types of styles support, offensive and defensive being the archer knight and builder.
    so split the spells up into 3 distinct classes one with low cost spammable spells one with op and offensive spells but more balanced so one class cant dominate a match and one to go defensive with stuff like zombies. Necromancer, Warlock, and Cleric just my idea on splitting up the classes so you cant be defensive and have all the op spells leading to the general server to be more balanced

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

this is not CTF to have defensive classes. we don't want fucking wizards that are running away and spamming zombies, because theyre defensive shit.

4. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I suggest we add in Blowjob to the server :3 @Chrispin

5. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

That's easy, but tbh I hate my head lol. I guess I'll do blowjob.

I saw your little chat in the logs about Ball of Frost freeze time, hence why I stay in spectator while AFK all the time. I'm willing to change anything about the spells so don't think I'm just another lazy Gayti. I already nerfed the freeze time and increased the time it takes to cast ball of frost. I can nerf it more if need be, but in a 1v1 situation it is far from OP (although it can be annoying). Admittedly 2 guys can both infinistun AND dish out damage at same time so, yea it's an issue that needs to be looked at, but think of creative solutions.

Yes, a defensive only class is a really dumb idea for the time being, but don't rule out the idea of CTF. We could have a mode that requires some base-building and defense, but I don't know how that would work honestly with all the destruction spells I have planned lol. But only then would a crafter/defender class be relevant at all

6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

wait, but are we going to try to fix my crashing problem? =(

7. Chrispin

The game works fine when I host it, so the only difference can be something to do with your server, not the mod.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2015, Original Post Date: May 21, 2015 ---
    @kedram just updated the ice code to make it so you can't refreeze someone until they are unfrozen. Fireballs also do not explode on impact, and spells will impact on the ice instead of the player (he'll still take damage, but less). I "no-collided" the player when he's frozen, so no more glitchy physics (you can properly carry frozen players). The ice is also easier to break. I think it's way more balanced, but you be the judge.

8. kedram

im sorry i called you a geti ;-;, just that some guy who i dont remember the name of said you would not be changing it, and you know how much that sounds like geti xD. but yea thank you for putting in the work to make this mod perfect, it couldnt have been easy :3.

9. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

I know this is in the list before but I think more and better maps always makes mods better, and is often under-rated as something to add.

10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I BEG YOU CHRISPIN ZOMBIES ARE STILL OP ERASE THEM THEY ARE SHIT REMOVE THEM REMOVE THEM

11. kedram

yea im with wormy on this one, honestly zombies are pretty terrible, just super fucking annoying to deal with and it gives players wins that they dont deserve.

12. daskew87

Argh I disagree... kind of

I think the greg zombies are slightly OP, which is hard to say as I use them a lot, so I would be shooting myself in the foot a bit here. I think with the Gregs the mana cost should go up a bit as they basically throw the enemy off and make them have to dance around for half a minute trying to kill them, and in the meanwhile if you attack the person dodging and trying to kill them they are at a serious disadvantage.

The regular zombies I think are fine because it's dead easy to kill them and they provide a really nice tactical edge to the gameplay. You do need some skill to use them because if you put them in the wrong place they are just wasted, but put in the right place at the right time really devastating.

In regards to the skeleton rain though I have found this to be slightly OP and it could benefit from a mana cost increase - because one person can almost flood a small map with them way too easily. I USE THIS WEAPON A LOT lol.

As for the ones that fly and explode (I think lol) - I haven't been using them much so I don't know if they are OP or indeed under powered.

The zombie knight (is it?) I think is actually very well balanced as it costs quite a bit and isn't too harsh a weapon. A skilled opponent can just bypass them, but can still be caught offguard if zombie knights are placed very well in combination with an attack from wizard weapons.

The fireball (is this the name lol?) weapon is f*ing annoying. But I actually think it's well balanced even though I personally hate being attacked by it.

The meteor weapon used to basically ruin every game when it was a massive strike from above with multiple explosions - but now it's been balanced brilliantly and is a great thing to use that works in some situations, and not in others - GREAT!

MAAAAH THOUGHTS ::):

13. kedram

yea i mean, i have always thought the fireball was a balanced spell. i guess we should have been more specific when we said zombies we meant the gregs :<

14. daskew87

lol yes I definitely agree with you about the gregs, though I don't think they should be nerfed, just a big cost increase because they are really cool - just way too many of them, they are too cheap.

I think.

15. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

then what's the point in having zombies being spammable

16. Chrispin

I didn't code it, but the flying zombie AI is really shit. They just constantly stay on your ass and randomly float up and down dodging half of your attacks. Very hard to predict their movements. I think they also move way too fast horizontally. Zombies have always annoyed me, but I don't want to take out something that alot of players are enjoying. I'll try to work on the movement code and raise the cost of flying zombies.

I'm thinking about adding a spell to revive teammates for 100 mana and removing the match timer. They'll get revived with like 25-50% health, but this might give outnumbered teams a chance of making a comeback (provided they have dead teammates). It'll also give dead players a reason to stick around for a while.

Still need mana dropping on death and mana recharge points (mana crystals) placed in vulnerable parts of the map. This'll add a bit of risk vs reward meta, hopefully resulting in some intense fights around the crystals.

17. daskew87

Good thinking about the gregs.

Any thoughts about adding something like a ghost mechanic to dead players? You know where some games you can slightly affect the situation when you're dead, just to keep you interested till it's over.

18. kedram

yea maybe not remove gregs but make them cost more than they are right now, i just facepalm when i see like 7 gregs flying around...

19. daskew87

Chris will you be able to solve the crashing issue?

20. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

we know one thing:

it's because of healing spells
    or because of linux

Last edited: May 22, 2015