1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Build 1492] Explosions guide.

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by EhRa, May 19, 2015.

1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I am writing this guide to thoroughly explain the more technical side of Explosions, may it be Bombs, Kegs, Mines or Bomb arrows.​

BOMBS
    Bombs are basically the most common type of explosions used in kag.
    Bombs at close range do a total of 3 hearts, insta killing archers and builders and severly injuring a knight.
    The bombs attack damage decreases to 1.5 hearts at the edge of the bomb explode raidius. Bombs cost 20 coins each by default.
    A bomb takes around 4 seconds to explode.
    screen-15-05-19-19-33-28.png
    This picture shows the basic explosion radius of a knight's bomb.

An enemy bomb will also cause any bomb you are holding/near you to blow up.
    KEGS
    Kegs are a slightly less common means of destruction. They cost 120 coins by default. They are significantly more expensive than a bomb and they take 6 seconds to explode. On a plus side, they insta kill any thing in its radius and destroy most blocks in its radius.

screen-15-04-15-15-43-00.png
    This image shows the explosions radius of the keg. You can see that the keg explodes out at 4 angles and if you stand just to the side, you won't die.

Kegs dropped from a height of 13 blocks or more will instantly explode.
    MINES
    A mine is a team based explosive item. It takes around 2 seconds to arm and once armed, insta kills all enemy units that touch it. Like a bomb, It will destroy any blocks next to it. By default, a mine costs 60 coins. Knights can safely slash armed mines away and builders can destroy both armed and unarmed. An enemy arrow or cropses will trigger the mine to explode.
    screen-15-05-20-20-55-55.png

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

You should note that bombs drop down to 1.5 hearts of damage at the edge of their blast radius.

The damage is never any number in between, it's always either 3, or 1.5.

Also, bombs only have enough strength to break undamaged stone blocks if they're directly adjacent to the block.

:bomb::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall: :no:

:bomb::castle_wall: :yes:

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. EhRa

1. KRPG

Yeah, i'll add those.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2015, Original Post Date: May 20, 2015 ---
    -Added mines

I am open to suggestions to add to the guide.

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

ERRARAAAA NOOO EXPLOSIONSSS WHATD I SAY!!!! They hurt... (Apparently)..

In all seriousness tho, nice guide, would be handy to know where the exploding item was in the picture, also for bomb what angle it was thrown at.

Also may want to note lit kegs and saws don't mix.... Not sure if it's needed tho...

5. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I am very interested to see the blast raduis of a bomb compared to a bomb arrow.

From playing it feels like the explosion from the latter has less AoE range to compensate for its more penetrative (heh heh heh) power on stone walls.

Good work @eragon200012 :D

6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Bomb arrows deal 1 damage from the arrow directly, and 0.5-1.5 from the explosion.

This means, on a direct hit, a bomb arrow does 2.5 hearts of damage, but a hit on the edge of the explosion does negligible damage.

While less effective against players, bomb arrows are much more effective against buildings. Their maximum block damage zone looks like

:no::no::no:
    :no::bomb_arrow::no:
    :no::no::no:

Bomb arrows also do more damage to buildings, able to instantly destroy any block type within the major damage zone.

SirDangalang likes this.
  7. EhRa

1. KRPG

Ahem, whos writing this guide :P

Trumbles and SirDangalang like this.
  8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Bomb arrows' explosions' edges' damage is equal to 0.75, not 1. The edge damage is always half of the center damage. So as mines have a edge damage of 3.75, it's center damage is 7.5 (overpowered?).

9. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Bombs and Kegs instantly explode when going through a saw, even if the saw is 'slid' into them.

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'll take the opportunity to plug this:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ce4Xvnaaw

Note that this does no damage to your team's saw.

Lawrence_Shagsworth and tru0067 like this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You are a god. I'm abusing the shit out of this.

12. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Nice trick, but on to more important matters
    @rymcd we need to talk about your crime sprees

13. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I think I just cried of laughter when I realized that's me talking to mak about saints row 2.
    Hey buddy, you with the glasses !:B):

makmoud98 likes this.