1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with texture pack?

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by LegendBeta, May 15, 2015.

1. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Straight to the point, I am creating a texture pack for KAG.

I know that when I remove the Purple & Yellow dots from the Knight/Archer/Builder that the heads will not show up on them (as I intend them to not show up) it's just that as a result when you pick up stuff in-game they are not centered (up on top left of character usually) and was wondering if there is any way to resolve it without adding the Purple/Yellow dots again?

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Make the figures you want to make, leave those pink and yellow dots, and sprite around them. The PINK one casts the head ON the Character sprites, the YELLOW one BEHIND. Thing is, on the head sheet, make a small part of the head you'll be using, so that single pixel will be seen; notice that heads ingame move sligtly when jumping, walking etc. Use yellow dots only, so the heads or whatever you paint on Heads.png won't be seen ON the character, and check constantly ingame.

(hah ill show some examples later today gtg now)

As you said those dots are not only used for placing the heads (the dot corresponds to the pixel between the eyes generally) but also for the things you grab. I'm sure you could do it other way but that's the cheap easy one.

LegendBeta likes this.
  3. LegendBeta

Thank you, I will trial it out and see how it works for me.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2015, Original Post Date: May 15, 2015 ---
    Hey man I figured something out, I removed the textures for the heads completely!

Then added a purple dot onto a "black" part of his skin, now things line up nicely and only a teeny tiny little graphical error shows up.

So I'm happy with that!

4. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

They yellow/pink dot is actually turned to alpha afaik, it shouldn't show up.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

If you delete all the heads, the yellow/pink pixels will show the background.

6. LegendBeta

Yeah, it shows up under his visor, I'm not bothered about it though

Not sure a way around it.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2015, Original Post Date: May 16, 2015 ---
    KAG really does not like me changing anything does it...

[​IMG]

7. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

those errors are broken AngelScripts not pngs , this is a texture-pack so it will only change some sprites right? but I suppose you changed one (or maybe more?) scripts , if you have a backup of this texturepack then maybe you should roll down to the vanilla scripts then add yours as a mod then locate the broken script.
    PS: I see you're testing the new textures on your vanilla game [save the princess], you're sure u didn't change any script right? also next time please make it as a mod and test it using the "localhost" so that you can find out what's wrong , also come to IRC if possible and I will give you a hand :wink:

8. 8x

Perhaps your running it as a Mod inside the Mods folder? If that's the case, try just replacing the pngs directly, keeping a backup Base folder

9. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

8x using it as a mod is much safer than replacing the vanilla ones , also no if only the .png were edited and he put them inside the Mods folder he wouldn't get that issue. I suppose he edited some scripts without noticing.

10. LegendBeta

Could of corrupted a script when I copy over my "base" folder from each copy.

Basically what I have been doing is keeping two copy's of the base folder, one with modded textures and one with none.
    I kind of been just replacing the KAG base with the one I would like to switch to if I want to try out the texture pack or play kag.

I will try and replace a few things then see what happens.

11. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

be sure to use the original .as scripts in your Base folder , do not use any edited ones {unless if you're totally sure that you Re-wrote them correctly}.

12. LegendBeta

Ah! finally.

Took me a while I had to track down every single modified image in every folder and copy them into a clean install.
    I managed to resolve it, must of corrupted a really important folder when I was moving things around.

Thanks for your help though guys @blackjoker77777 & @8x

blackjoker77777 likes this.