1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Build 1500

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 27, 2015.

1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Can't wait! Also will it be covering items, and strategies concerning them. You see way too many new players just bomb spamming the moment they get money and not actually achieving anything with them.

2. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

*Newb throws bomb, I sit there standing by it and grab it and throw it back in the last second killing them, good times*

Anyway single player sounds really good at the moment, I hope it's not just random tutorials for items or stuff and more like save the princess with some cool iconic (sorta) epic boss battles like skinney said.
    Also DO NOT FORGET DINOSAURS @Skinney <3, I have seen the entities list and I we all are pumped for the dinosaurs you are totally going to put in it as some boss.

If you crumble into the demands for dinosaurs that the whole of the kag community has been eagerly waiting for I will do the cinnamon challenge and the Ice bucket challenge at the same time !

Quick joke: Whats slow and awkward, getting fisted by a sloth 25252525

3. Bint

Bint Haxor

Maybe this is off topic but wasn't there supposed to be an overhaul of the menus, don't want to be naggy, was just wondering?

1. run _31menu.bat
    2. cringe
    3. sob uncontrollably
    4. accept it

FuzzyBlueBaron and Ej like this.
  4. Bint

Bint Haxor

I'm on a mac :'I

johny98 and Guitarman like this.
  5. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Eh, I don't see it as too bad. Could probably be better, but...

I'm gonna take some screenshots and edit them in.

EDIT: Edited them in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    bru-jaz likes this.
  6. Bint

Bint Haxor

yuck. But I'm talking along the lines of queues for servers and a refresh button that works.

7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ah, I assumed you meant more from a visual standpoint instead of a change of functions.

8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Looks 10x better than what we have currently.

9. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

69% better than current menu.

I checked it out once I ran that random .bat file one day I forgot about it until now ;-;

johny98 likes this.
  10. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I really don't think so.
    A) I prefer the current title screen art
    B) One of the main things they changed is the server browser, which looks a lot worse imo. I really don't like how the different types of servers have different colors of text rather than the current different colors of buttons.
    C) They improved the quickjoin. I don't think quickjoin should even exist. Honestly this game is too small right now for quickjoin, there's only like 10 active servers. I say you should make people use the server browser. The only improvements I think it could use is putting the "active players" symbol and the gamemode symbol where the favorite star is now.

Also if you could look at the playercount out of max players without having to click on the server to check that would be nice

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    johny98, Fuzzle, RadioActive and 3 others like this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

@Geti If you do change the trap blocks usage, can you please give access to a block which is like how the trap block is now, except it can only be used in map creation. They are a nice block used in TDM maps in my opinion, which would be ruined if both players can walk through them.

tru0067, PUNK123 and Potatobird like this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No, because that means more load time, more files to collect dust and more confusion - HOWEVER I'll build a rules flag to reverse the change, and set it by default into TDM (and obviously it can be used elsewhere if you want it, including in modded CTF for "old trap blocks"). I honestly hate doing this because of performance issues with checking flags like this constantly, but it's a contentious enough issue that I'd rather have a simple switch for to avoid this kind of backlash :)

FuzzyBlueBaron and kaizokuroof like this.
  13. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Also regarding the menu and its info i think the search for player option is broken or only works for some people..

You could make a wesnoth type of display where it shows everyone online and the game theyre in, but I don't know how diffucult thatd be able to get to work / worth the time.
    [​IMG]
    (on the right side)

lets not forget this picture thing from kag2d.com
    [​IMG]

14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yes, or massive refund request incoming :>

johny98, Chukka, Dargona1018 and 2 others like this.
  15. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    johny98 and AmestriStephen like this.
  16. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

I havent played in nearly a year but my poor, poor boulders. RIP

@Anonymuse I'd like your like if I could <3

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Anonymuse likes this.