1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Instakill Boulder Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

You know your opinion is dumb when a moderator shit posts in favour of it.

Anonymuse likes this.
  2. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Making boulders what they are now is unneeded, if you want to nerf them just remove them. They are super useless at the moment.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No, they're really not. Try using them to defend your doors and win builder fights, or to drop off towers you're building to kill knights. They're really cheap anyway, it makes sense that they're not incredibly powerful.

All I want is for them to be more durable.

FuzzyBlueBaron and kittycity like this.
  4. DragonShark

If they were more durable you still wouldn't get kills with them in a hundred years, once you find yourself into a knight battle and get close, you're fucked even with boulder.

5. Potatobird

Yeah, if you try to melee a knight as a builder you should never win. A boulder does sometimes does knock them back far enough for you to escape, though.

You're just looking at it the wrong way, I've been using boulders all day. You just have to be crafty about it. You can kill weakened knights, if they're coming at you with just a couple hearts. If you get one or two good boulder hits without dying (and without your boulder dying), I've had knights get scared and run away. Sometimes building a little tower to get a height advantage helps too. Kills aren't all that matter, especially when you're playing builder.

I think it could use some improvements though. Durability and maybe a small knockback/stun buff would be good.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. DragonShark

god bless you.

7. Potatobird

Well I guess the stun does sound a little too strong for something that costs 35 stone

8. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

*cough* *cough* water bombs 30 coina

But seriously guys try throwing boulders off towers too instead of going to high five a knight with a boulders

9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

no, thats boring

DragonShark likes this.
  10. DragonShark

The problem with throwing it off towers is, is that you need to be the luckiest bastard in the world.

11. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

So basically you're saying the only way to play archer is with boulder? Learn some other way. The archer is broken as it is, don't try and say it's "balanced" because you can instakill anyone with the momentum of the grapple. Use your goddamn arrows.

My 2 cents, I barely even play this game anymore. So agree with me or not.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Galen like this.
  12. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Make boulders more durable to stop people like DragonShark stop crying over their evil and bloody annoying way of murdering people with little skill involved being nerfed.

I can storm a base and murder half the team only to be jumped by an archer from below and the Boulder just kills me.

I'm not saying kag is logical, or at all realistic but throwing a large rock at me from 0 distance makes me drop dead is kind of unfair.

I don't mind a knock back either, would kind of be funny and the idea about them exploding in high velocity impact into damaging shards sounds cool.

13. Potatobird

I figured that should only be when shot from a catapult, if you could drop boulders off your tower for the same effect I think that would be too strong, like a really inexpensive keg drop

14. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Each shard does 0.5 hearts of damage= okay

15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What is to counter how weak they are now, we just add a stun to whoever it hits? This way with the chance to bounce around, it'll stun whoever it bounces at and hits as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2015 ---
    Hell both Knights and Archers have ways to stun an enemy using a tool (weapon) we might as well give builders their own outside from a bucket. This way it'll hurt the enemy and stun them, thus giving a builder a better chance in battle.

16. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

necropost much, but welp
    i was testin' boulder in knight vs knight
    boulder hits thru shield, it does little knockback, and when I was playing vs knight of skill equal to me, i was winning with boulder 9/10 (1/10 were accident suicdes and mines, damn em)

Magmus likes this.
  17. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

It sure can work, but it takes your mobility away in your fights. Knight fighting is all about mobility and timing, a half decent knight will just counter your shitty mobility/speed and kite you around.

18. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wanna test? ;P

19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Boulders from tramps should definitely receive a buff. They should at least do more damage than the equivalent number of rocks fired from the cata. Any new player would be completely confused as to how they aren't what you load into a catapult normally, and why they do less damage than pebbles.

PUNK123 likes this.
  20. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

boulders should shatter on impact after being in the air for a certain amount of time (2.5 seconds? could use some of the old mine code for that) these fragments would do large amounts of structural damage and reasonable anti-personnel damage. That would make boulders be a throw from a distance thing and not a get close enough to hit them thing. that would make the lugging around worth it and it would make buying them worth it for people who want to drop them off of towers and shoot them from catas. also less damage from boulder but stun and more durability against slashes. possibly also have stone bundles which come apart into mini-boulders after being shot from cata?

Magmus likes this.