1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] How important resupplies are in KAG!

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by HappySheep, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Done, here's the tip for now

"Resources can be resupplied by changing classes in workshops, not just at the tent!"

Koveltskiis likes this.
  2. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

How about "change your class to builder when you spawn, it gives your team free materials!"

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

So please add so that you can change to builder as builder in the builder's workshops. That it isn't possible is frustrating as you can change to builder as builder at the tent.

4. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Well, thanks to the developers, now when you lose tunnel, siege shop or ship shop, you get the gold back, so right now it's so easy to get resources and resupplies from the map.

Also another tactic that people should do apart from resupplies and only a few people do is to pick up resources from dead characters, that might have wood, stone or gold and it's very helpful for builders if said resources are on the storage! :wink:

5. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

I do that all the time as well! Even though Knights aren't the fastest, I will deliver supplies to builders if it's worth enough. :left::wood_mat::stone_mat::gold_mat::thumbs_up:

SirDangalang likes this.
  6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What about mentioning the whole resupply mechanic and how anyone on the team can use it in the tutorial.

7. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

I only do that if i know that the builder is not gonna die within 10 secs and give those resources to the enemy again.

If he's a friend or i know him, i give. If not, i put in storage ::P:

8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Just noticed something about your mockup of a base. All you really need to do is, at the front base, have it be tall enough to have 3-4 shops, which go as follows:

Knight/Archer
    Archer/Knight
    Builder
    Storage

As long as you make sure that you have ladders going up, you arrive, switch to builder (thus getting resupply), continue going up, change to your preferred class, and go on your way.
    Unless mechanics haven't changed since I last played, the resources being dropped to the bottom will automatically enter the storage.
    With that, you are wasting no time at all when you are getting to that frontal tower.
    You will usually go up it anyway, and you just tap E twice, and there ya go.

EhRa likes this.
  9. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

That's a good idea, but there's a problem: If the player is a knight and has his bombs already, he won't change the class because the bombs will drop, and same happens with archer.

What if they want to go straight from bottom doors? then they wont do the trick either :(

Either way, it is a nice way to make it work, but it has to be with a team, obviously :rekt:
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2015 ---
    Well, i think resources should stay in the ground for longer in the case of gold. Sometimes a tunnel gets destroyed and noone picks the gold... so it's 50 gold that disappears from the map :oops:

10. Dargona1018

Hence why it's at the top. All you do is walk by, as you would be doing anyways, change to Builder, climb up, change to what class you wish to play, make purchases, and be on your merry way.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's not. Gold doesn't decay.

8x likes this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Doesn't stop sadists hiding it/throwing it off the bottom of the map. :rekt:

Asu, EhRa, SirDangalang and 2 others like this.
  13. Forsooth

Forsooth Catapult Fodder

I personally would prefer this change.

A hint obviously helps, but I think the vast majority of public players are unlikely to think to switch to a builder every time they spawn just to toss some resources; all else aside, it's unintuitive, and the current hint doesn't really make that strategy explicit (it says that you can resupply at any spawn, but how many knights or archers are going to think to switch to a builder briefly in order take advantage of that?)

And even when they think of it, my feeling is that most knights and archers in public servers don't really care. They want to rush out and start stabbing or shooting people. The few seconds it takes to do this isn't something that most of them are going to want to deal with.

Anyway, for that reason, I'd prefer a system that steadily generates resources over time; it feels more immersive and fits better with the way people are likely to want to play the game by default. Of course, I don't know how hard it'd be to implement, but that's my thinking.

14. Geti

It'd be tricky to implement for sure. It might happen eventually but I wouldn't bet money on it unless you're planning on doing it yourself and contributing it.

Just an update on the resupply situation, you dont have to swap classes any more to get res when the resupply timer comes around - so a builder shop on front is enough for forward builders to resupply.

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Have all my babies please (not that I've time to play, but just knowing that this is a thing makes everything brighter). ::D:

PeggleFrank likes this.
  16. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Geti fixed resupplies method, so now you dont need to swap to builder in order to get resupplies.

Way easier to get resources right now!

:heart::heart::heart:
    :wink::wink::wink:

SirDangalang likes this.
  17. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

Geti, U da real MVP

18. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

The only problem is you have to trudge back to your tent...

19. Dargona1018

You didn't read what Geti put, or played Builder in a while, did you?
    Just having a builder shop and walking by it (while as a builder) gives you a ressuply.

SirDangalang likes this.
  20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Suggestion: Put a resupply button next to the store button in place of the "change class" button when you are that class. It's annoying having to throw around your mats to get resupply, and if there's a button then it will also make it easier for newer players to be aware of resupplying at shops.

J-man2003 likes this.