1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] How important resupplies are in KAG!

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by HappySheep, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I still don't know why you don't get your resupply when you have more mats than what the resupply would give? Seriously, why is this still a thing?

(also another important off-topic thing: I'd like quickswitching between the most recently used mats by just tapping f, that'd be so cool)

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

You automatically resupply when you walk by if the resupply isn't on cooldown and you have less mats than what you would get when walking by the tent.
    It's pretty much just a tent that you can build a Saw at.

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah, I know. To get a full resupply of +100 wood and +30 stone you have to pull out all of your mats and throw them on the ground, it's annoying. The button would make it not annoying.

So many baddies would just afk for mats

4. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Exactly.

5. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I presume you're talking about most recently used objects to build, in which case yes that'd be amazing.

J-man2003 and Anonymuse like this.
  6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

*Still requires trudging

7. Lindorie

Lindorie Catapult Fodder

Getting resupplies can't be literally THAT EASY, because even noobs would do that. I can assure you that many people that i know do that trick of resupplies.

It's about not being either too easy or too hard to do it :wink:

There's something called storage. :rollseyes:

BTW I'm Happy Sheep, dno what happened with my account in forums :QQ:

J-man2003 and SirDangalang like this.
  8. Forsooth

Forsooth Catapult Fodder

It's a multiplayer team game. The interface and basic interactions should generally be as easy as possible; KAG's difficulty should come from the cleverness and skill of your opponents, not from the complexity of the interface or how hard it is for new players to figure things out. So resupplies should be designed to be as easy and intuitive as possible.

PeggleFrank and PUNK123 like this.
  9. Lindorie

Lindorie Catapult Fodder

I agree, but you can't expect way too much for a 12 euro videogame which is made from building or destroying cubes.

10. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

I'm pretty sure you need to move past the tent/shop to actually get the mats. When I'm waiting for mats, I have to walk back and forth across the tent, or else it doesn't register that I've touched it.

SirDangalang likes this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

squares*

and yes I can.

PeggleFrank likes this.
  12. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Squares are even more simple than cubes lol.

And look for other games like terraria, which are on the same price and they don't vary much.

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Sorry for waking up this old thread, but I think the tips are very useful.

I also find it odd that there aren't more players rushing ahead when the game starts to harvest whatever materials they can, and even before that, prioritize the area furthest away from the spawn. Instead, many begin harvesting whatever is closest to their spawn. That means when and if the enemy team gets the upper hand and your territory is limited to the area around the spawn, you'll have spent all the materials already, forcing you to rely on resupplies. Meanwhile, the enemy can take whatever they want.

As for resupplies, I share Geti's earlier thoughts that this feature is poorly understood, especially by new players. Not only aren't people thinking they can change to builder just to help their team, but the ones playing builder also don't realize that if they drop their inventory somewhere, or just hold in their hands instead, they can get new resupplies. I use this trick often, but it feels a bit like cheating. If I were to propose some change to this system, it would be to simply add the resupplies directly to the storage on a set interval, regardless of how many builders there are on a team. Alternatively, use the balloon drop feature used in CTF.

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's true that mining the closest stone to the tent is silly. It's better to save that for later imo. But a lot of pub builders don't want to die or even risk dying so they just stick behind their towers/base.

I still would feel weird about automatic mat gain, though. If it just went directly into the storage, then one or two builders would probably get all the materials. Same with balloon drops. I don't remember if I already suggested this somewhere but I think all that's really needed is a resupply button to use with 'E' at the builder shop in place of the 'Switch to builder' button when you're already a builder - the players who don't understand resupply see the timer at the top that says 'Resupply in 34', but there's no apparent place to get the resupply. Maybe if 'help' is switched on there could be a little arrow over a builder shop when resupply is available, and the resupply timer could just stay there on hitting zero and turn green or something.

15. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Indeed it is.
    I tend to see good builders rushing to get gold from middle when they cannot get it from base, but besides that, it's rare to see people getting resources for building (most of them try to tunnel from mid to enemy base).

The problem is that sometimes there's no GOOD knights that can cover you meanwhile you get resources or ASSURE that you won't die horribly and lose all your resources.A good thing to do is to make a 2 brick wide wall with backwalls, but the problem is that if you face good knights, they will manage to go through in no time if you don't have good backup.

Obviously good builders make a difference, but you cannot do miracles, specially on early game when you know you don't have the upper hand.

One good idea is to place one tent near base (which I ALWAYS, and i repeat; ALWAYS do) and wait teammates to put resources there.

One mistake people tend to do is getting all the resources from the storage (like you needed 700 wood and 300 stone :>:(:) and then die horribly near enemy base, so they get those resources and use it in their profit.

PS: Added point 4. I would re-read everything and correct many mistakes i've found, but I am too lazy right now... ::P:

If you find any tips/tricks related to the post, let me know in the comments or send me a PM and I will add them :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016