1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Locked tree-farms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8x, May 10, 2015.

1. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

buildin a saw farm takes 30 seconds. adding platorms takes another 10

2. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

There is never a need for more than two saws since there isn't a need for more than 4 trees in your farm. So that one extra saw and a few plats are hardly "wasting mats". Given how annoying it can be to pick up a saw when you've just farmed a tree, and how often people mess up the seeds because of this, in addition to people sometimes stealing your saws, locking your saws is a good tactic especially when there's inexperienced players on your team.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2015 ---
    If you build it 3high, the logs always fall down correctly. even if you don't this doesn't happen often, plus wasting wood is not a major concern when you have a farm. They don't take up a lot more resources, they don't take up a ton of space (?) and EVERYTHING could be easily destroyed by a keg. It seems like you're advocating against woodfarms in general?

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

>build a crap ton of saws
    >put them all in the middle of the map so everyone is getting gib
    >continue making saws as if it is your only job
    >???
    >profit

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The only point in doing this is so people can't steal the saw. The reason stealing the saw is bad is because then you have to buy another saw. So when you buy another saw anyway right from the get go, that defeats the purpose. I just don't see why you would do this.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

...because logic?

>1 x saw == good
    >therefore
    >2 x saw == better

^_^

6. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Because if you make a saw, and it is stolen, and then you make another, and it is stolen, and then you make another you have made 3. Or you could have made 2 and locked them. Additionally...

This tactic, like all tactics, is situational. It is best suited to tree farms with 2 trees.

7. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Or you can just tell people to not steal the teams saws. They'd probably listen and if not you can just kick them

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I almost never see people steal saws though. Maybe once every ten games, and then people always yell at them and they don't do it again. Most of the time the saw isn't even broken and can just be returned to the tree.

CowboyDan and blackjoker77777 like this.
  9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Now see I've been telling them this but the words just bounce off their foreheads with a hollow sound.

10. Havelock

Havelock Tree Planter

Allow me to upgrade your design.

:spikes::blank::spikes::blank::spikes:
    :castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg::bridge::castle_bg::door:
    :door::castle_bg::bridge::castle_bg::door:
    :castle_wall::tree::castle_wall::tree::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

You would be surprised how many knights trying to hide in a trees I killed by this.

Many.
    Maybe one or two.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Correct me if wrong, but saws require 50 stone per saw now. That's not a trivial amount of stone

12. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

saws are 100 stone and 150 wood

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Holy shit I forgot Geti made the amount stupidly insane. That's just way worse.

PUNK123 likes this.