1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Keep newcomers on Kag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snake19, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Ok it's nice ! :)

2. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

KDR would be better, even though it wouldn't really work for builders or archers. Going by kills alone means that a knight who plays for long enough will be kicked, and experienced players can leave the server and rejoin before they reach 500 kills.

3. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I agree that kills is better (but how is the BD rank calculated?) and my first thought was also around 400-500 kills. :thumbs_up:

4. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Not KDR, a lot of good players have a bad Kdr, so kills are better :)

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  5. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I haven't really been keeping up but I don't understand why people would want new players to all play with each other. Nobody would know wtf they were doing and it'd be a totally different meta than the actual meta. It's better than having a bunch of noobies rage quit but they still need someone to teach them how to play... They also need to know why they'd randomly get kicked once they reach the kill limit or else they'll get pissed off that they got banned for no reason

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

There were several people on the noob server helping out the new players, offering advice and answering questions. This also happens sometimes on other servers (RA for example always seems to help noobs when they're struggling to understand something, and I try to do this too if I can be bothered)

7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I like the idea... I already invited 2 players to play KAG... Now they can play server, where they can rek everyone (or try to)... ::)::thumbs_up:

8. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

for the moment every night the server works pretty well :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I want to be an admin too :o

Snake19 and Biurza like this.
  10. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

The problem is that when you put someone who doesn't know what they're doing in a regular match, they don't blend into the game. They stick out, because they don't know the meta. Putting them all together means that nobody knows what's best and they're not yelling at each other. Once they get the basics down, it's up to them to learn the meta from other players, either by chatting or by watching while they play.

I agree though that having them banned without a given reason is a bit odd. I know players can see the reason why they were banned in other games, so I'm not sure why that can't be done here. I think it's also a bit weird that they're banned in the middle of a match; if they were banned at the end of the match once their kill count went over 500, I think that'd be a lot better to help prevent confusion.

11. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Kills are stored in our database. We don't talk about these which you can see by pressing tab. You can leave the server when you've 499 kills and come back tommorow and still have 499.
    People are able to reset their stats and start from zero, so everyone is able to play there as long as he want.
    It's a little bit offtopic but what exactly do you want to know? What for and how many points you get in our rank system?

Also just a quick note, all pros / skilled players who reset their rank just to play and wreck newbies will be banned. Please join this server only if you want to help them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    PeggleFrank and Snake19 like this.
  12. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Yeah, I have no idea how points are awarded or deducted. I don't actually care about rank which is why I've never asked, but I'm curious now.

13. @Leo I'm willing to be admin and help out these plebs

I will teach them all teh metas 78787878

14. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

+1 point when you kill an enemy player
    -1 when you die
    +3 for cap
    Double kills (sawmill traps and pits) counts as single kill, so it's +1/-1
    No points for teamkilling.
    One common database for all BD servers.

Btw. I luv how everyone now wants to be an admin. @Leo let's add 2 or 3 more and it will be admins vs admins server :]

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: the sale - you're welcome, its been in the pipeline for a long time but Valve controls when this stuff happens still.
    (We could do separate ones without any support from them but timing with the summer sale stuff means people are already in a buying mood.)

Glad to see less stomping this time around, but there's still a bit going on. Happy to see this initiative.

Snake19 likes this.
  16. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

If you have a bad KDR you most likely are playing for the team, not kills !

17. Leo

Leo Haxor

It's ELO: (Kills - Deaths)*(kills/deaths) = Points
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 15, 2015 ---
    You don't have to be admin for that. I can add you, or anyone else that really wants to help, in a list that will prevent script from kicking you.

Chukka likes this.
  18. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

In fact, or you troll, you play builder, there are a lots of ways ^^'
    But a good player who play for their team can have a good kdr

19. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

To be fair, he wasn't really wrong.

If you have a bad KDR, you're probably playing builder and helping out your team. If you have a good KDR, you're probably playing as knight or archer, and are thus probably more focused on getting kills than helping out your team. (although those two things are definitely related)

Snake19 likes this.
  20. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Ah, that explains my score; probably 2/3 of my playtime is builder.

Leo, you can add me to the list and I'll help out some noobs when I'm up for it.