1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Auth servers are down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue_Tiger, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

2. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Actually even if you disconnect and try to login to forums again, you won't be able to do so until they fix what's wrong with the Auth servers.

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

daskew87 likes this.
  5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Try checking now. I hope it's fixed.

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

It's super slow and disconnects frequently now.

7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

was just on ctf us, got server crashed, i think there are still issues :o

Mazey likes this.
  8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

There are on-going problems with the connection to the machines on which API is hosted. Those are physical issues. We work on fixing this.

9. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I can't log in at all!
    It says that I should include this error message: Curl Error in getMyInfo(): Timeout was reached

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

That's the concept of having problems.
    I can't log in neither, a couple ones can, most servers are empty/not working. Let's wait.

11. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I also noticed these things won't work
    [​IMG]
    I am sure it has something to do with this.

12. Atreides6262

Atreides6262 Bison Rider

Same here

13. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

There is a problem with the APIs like Furai said. It's a matter of having the people where the server is located fix the issue instead of finding out what is causing the problem.

14. Leo

Leo Haxor

Damn, worst moment for something like this to happen. I guess API couldn't handle the traffic ?

15. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

200+ players make KAG explode !!!

16. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

[19:57:07] WARNING: API call failed: cURL Error in putStatus(): Failed binding local connection end
    [19:57:21] WARNING: A call to update the server list API is showing as still in progress when we were ready to make the next call
    [19:57:21] sAPIClientStatus.size() is 5
    [19:57:21] < Nuking the list as a stop-gap >

on both servers at the same time. Both crashed. bye bye player retention.

Edit: pretty sure it's all servers simulteanously again; When I rejoined was about 40 players, now back up to 190. @Geti , you said you probably weren't going to go into the API code, but this is severely gamebreaking stuff right here.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 18, 2015 ---
    And again. This was the worst one yet, with the whole website down too and the server still not up. God damn it, this is the greatest troll of this game. 500 players were online. 500.:camping::camping::camping: :rektlord::camping::camping::camping:

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No, API is hosted on a very strong server with a very fast connection; problems are at a physical connection layer - issues with Ryan's fibre connection afaik. Joe and Lucas are working with the ISP on the issues and we'll try to keep you as updated as we can - it seems to be working currently, but it has been up and down over the last few weeks.

It's really nice that you guys think its a code issue we can just look at and fix, but unless you have a way of coding a more reliable ISP we're waiting on them to fix it properly.

SirDangalang likes this.
  18. Asu

So those issues last week issues were also due to this?
    Well at least that's nice to know it's not likely to happen in the future again.

SirDangalang likes this.
  19. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I was referring to the fact that all servers crash when they can't properly reach the API server, which seems unnecessary. Though I don't know much about it.

20. Asu

Well that's due to the client API code. It's long as hell so no one wants to touch it and that's easy to understand, until *(*you) *like malloc(modifying stuff) *as this.