1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

From Noob to Pro - A New Player's Guide

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by PeggleFrank, Jun 19, 2015.

1. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Hey all, I'm currently writing a guide for KAG which is intended to be an over-arching guide for all things under the sun and above the molten core.

A lot of people here know more about the game than I do, so I'm posting this here so improvements can be suggested by others. I expect this guide to rise in rank fairly quickly after being published, so I'm encouraging everyone to post their thoughts and comments on it so that I can create a guide as accurate as possible.

I'll be posting this in sections.

[​IMG]
    (yes, I really dissected those individual letters from the store page, cut off the backgrounds, and arranged them in an abbreviated format. Did I mention I used to do pixel art?)

EDIT: The guide is now in a google doc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kxKbxjQqgRJc5k51Nv40QGUh05Lj0m29rgKemyN5mRI/edit

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Reserved.

3. A thing to add with Bisons, they can be tamed by throwing a burger at them, which prevents them attempting to attack you, and stops them from throwing you off at least until you directly damage them.

PeggleFrank and blackjoker77777 like this.
  4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Moved to appropriate section.

PeggleFrank likes this.
  5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

List of things:

• Talk about saw when talking about trees at the start? Or are you going to do that in the builder part?
    • You should differentiate "gold" and "coins", at one point you say it costs 150 gold to buy a cata, when it really takes 150 coins.
    • Maybe mention you have to hold E to immobilise and load a catapult? It took me a little while to figure that out.
    • Be more clear about the picking up of a shark, since that's their biggest feature.
    • Say how you fall slower when carrying a chicken, making you go further when shot from a catapult, but you cannot attack at the same time.
    Anyway, it's nice to see a guide for the new players, nice work :thumbs_up:.

PeggleFrank and PUNK123 like this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I've made some pretty basic guides for builder and knight if you're interested

PeggleFrank likes this.
  7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

make sure to bring up you can pick up saws when you are below them

PeggleFrank likes this.
  8. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Well done, Frank! =D :heart:

Darknighte9 and PeggleFrank like this.
  9. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Updated this a bit with the feedback you guys have put in. It's now a google doc. I'll still be posting here whenever I make major edits. I'd appreciate it if you guys posted some more stuff so I don't have to double post and/or necro later.

I modified the second section slightly to make the format more consistent. I split the third section into two different sections. I changed a bunch of other stuff that you guys pointed out. And I added another section and began work on the three class sections. I'm tired. Tell me if I wrote something and it sounds stupid. Good night. I need to use more commas instead of periods. Maybe I shouldn't be writing in my current state.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kxKbxjQqgRJc5k51Nv40QGUh05Lj0m29rgKemyN5mRI/edit?usp=sharing

Google doc's spellchecker is truly awful, by the way. I've had it claim that "they" was a typo; it suggested "theys." It's also suggested "ain't" in place of "not." Makes me wonder if it thinks I live in the south.

Diazepam, Tern and AmestriStephen like this.