1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ballistas Need A Re-Balance

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Dargona1018, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

As we are all aware, enemies can still spawn at ballistas while they are being captured, and have long invincibility period. This means that, unless you capture it in about... 3 seconds, someone is bound to spawn at it, stopping you from capping it for a moment, then, most of the time, just outright kill you with no possibility of getting any damage done to them.
    Add in that ballista capturing is incredibly finicky and, from all the times that I've recently tried capturing, almost never works, and you have a recipe for disaster. The only way that you can defeat the ballista is using two bomb arrows (100 coins, so it's a decent amount), or by chipping away at it. No way to capture it, and thus, breaks why ballistas had risk.

We either need to have no invincibility period, or be unable to spawn at ballistas that are being captured.
    No one can ignore how broken this is.

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Agreed. I think that people shouldn't be able to spawn while a ballistas is being capped. Too bad you couldn't implement a capping system with whoever had more players in an area

SirDangalang and tru0067 like this.
  3. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

I haven't been able to spawn at a ballista/warboat mid-capture. Maybe that was only on the black death/fun CTF servers, because I don't play on the official servers often. (well, I didn't used to)

4. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Yeah, always been that way. Always found it shame ballista were OP because of that, and i'm a ballistawhore.