1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forgotten things in KAG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by king-george, Jun 23, 2015.

1. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

So, while I was poking around the KAG files, I stumbled upon some interesting things...
    Maybe these were planned features? Or perhaps they thought it was a bad idea, so they just left it there?
    Well, here they are.
    Powerups
    screen-15-06-23-12-31-14.png

These things are actual blobs in the game. There are four "types" of them: Red, blue, green and gray. (I somehow couldn't spawn the gray one, oh well) Every colour of powerup you pick up gives its own message in the chat. It does not effect anything though.

You can spawn it with !powerup
    Bedrock spikes?
    screen-15-06-23-12-23-24.png

This is also a blob in the game. You cannot collide with it, but it does get affected by gravity, and collides with blocks.

Even though it's called bedrock spike in the files, you spawn it with !stalagmite
    Warboat door
    screen-15-06-23-12-49-15.png

This interesting blob can be spawned with !warboat_door. Seconds after you spawn it, it dissapears, so I had to be quick to take the screenshot. It acts like a normal door, and when you go through it, it opens up like one too. Maybe this was going to be a door inside the War Boat? Perhaps it is planned? We'll have to wait and see.

I hope you liked my list of things I found. Be sure to post if you found something I didn't find!

Biurza, Vampire, SirDangalang and 2 others like this.
  2. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Really cool and interesting stuff! The powerups look interesting too...
    Nice job mate

Biurza likes this.
  3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Powerups were in early beta but got removed, they were inside TDM

Bedrock spikes, no idea, possibly planned or scrapped.

Warboat door is really old too, won't be added I'm pretty sure.

kodysch likes this.
  4. king-george

There are plenty more of forgotten things in the files, but many of them don't have their own blob. I took all of them that had one and put em here.

5. AndresianNeoDD

AndresianNeoDD Horde Gibber

There is also glider textures, but no script yet,
    Actual princess is first princess that have been crated,
    In heads file you can find donator heads,
    Dummy also but it used in tutorial
    Wind mill textures
    Zombies! But they have only textures in base, they wont work in-game
    Technology icons, they are beautiful.
    One pixel sprite, FLARE
    Folder in base called old buildings.
    Light ballista, there only its textures.
    Unused mobs textures: Bat, Jelly, diplodocus script file without texture
    Flowers! Beautiful ones
    Outpost from classic
    Zombie fortress menu icon
    AND LOTS MORE

//Edited to remove unnecessary formatting ~ParaLogia

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    AmestriStephen likes this.
  6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

please, change it to a normal colour, this hurts my eyes.
    Also you can spawn the war base from WAR gamemode from early beta. It's !warbase i think. Or !war_base.

7. king-george

Yes, I know, but I didn't include it because almost everyone know that it was gonna be how original KAG is gonna be, but they scrapped it.

8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

What flowers are you talking about? because flowers are in the game.

9. Favorite, not so forgotten thing, was tree's doing damage on contact after being cutdown as well as logs practically being baseball like boulders

king-george likes this.
  10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Lotttttts of old sprites were based on the WAR mode in early beta, which had a sort of respawn system that relied on farming for grain and stuff. (taken out because it was considered distracting and stuff). If I remember, winning was the result of completely teamwiping the enemy team at once.

Door boats were an old planned thing, never implemented. Same with power ups.

11. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

in the builder sprites there is an animation with an axe, and the old daggers in archer.
    as for practically 50% of classic stuff being dumped in there that was stuff that is just... there.

12. Builderwithadream

Builderwithadream Catapult Fodder

I found numerous interesting things including; cars (!car), you can make a flag (!flag_base[indestructible base]) and I found out that you can make mini kegs (!minikeg[the best thing ever])

13. incoming necro

bedrock spikes were part of the mechanisms update. currently no map uses them, but they are functional (edit: kinda functional). they are called stalagmites in code
    Code:
    const SColor stalagmite(                    0xFFC000C0); // ARGB(255, 192,   0, 192);

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    ParaLogia and Vamist like this.
  14. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

What do they look like?

norill likes this.
  15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

http://i.imgur.com/yTraSBP.png
    what do they even do? i tried to do something with them in sandbox right now but they didn't do anything

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    ParaLogia likes this.
  16. like VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[​IMG]

actually their handling in the map loading code is a bit bugged, they only spawn pointing down (being stalactites, not stalagmites)

Biurza likes this.