1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog BUILD 1537 - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 6, 2015.

1. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

screen-15-07-06-14-20-28.png screen-15-07-06-14-20-32.png screen-15-07-06-14-20-34.png

Can't play solo because of the wrong server password. Best update ever.

icemusher, Porti and PUNK123 like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

3. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

The winning team will also want to continue stomping the losing team, rejecting the surrender vote in the process

4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I thought only the team that started Surrender vote can say yes/no?

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I found a bug :3

if you are underwater with a wood door in your hand it slowly decays forcing you to either reselect wooden doors or place an injured door

needs to be *ontop* of a block(not placed that i understand is the new feature)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

7. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Liking the mechs. :thumbs_up: Had a quick mess around just before, still trying to work out what the diode does. Think I worked out everything else, not sure about the diode though.

8. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

diode: this word designates a dipole that only passes electrical power in one direction.
    as you can see here, when the diode is opposite to the direction the electricity is passing the lamp isn't working (first one)
    when the diode is in the same direction of the electrical power the lamp is working (second one)
    you can find out the direction of the diode by that tiny line in it. screen-15-07-06-13-47-33.png

daskew87 and Porti like this.
  9. CapitanForceX

CapitanForceX Drill Rusher

I can't test this update because if I refresh servers or filter for gamemode, it shows to me 0 servers with 0 players...

Anyway i really appreciate the Surrender Vote and maybe the Trap Block feature too :smug::thumbs_up:

10. only surrendering team can vote

PUNK123 likes this.
  11. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Ahhh, thought it was like other votes where both teams can vote. Thanks

12. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Porti and norill like this.
  13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Please do something with the water, since the previous build you can't barely do a thing as you drown tooo fast and now the wooden doors nerf.
    There's some overlays with menus, when you open the server browser once in a game (both online and at sandbox).
    screen-15-07-06-14-34-12.png

14. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

The trapblock thing restricts both it's abuse and it's clever use, but I think it was still needed!

PUNK123 likes this.
  15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Another bug allowing you to place deactivated trapblocks(that stay deactivated until acted up by a player)

I stepped into a placed trapblock and connected the one in my "hands" to it and it gets deactivated aswell
    [​IMG]

16. Been noticing some bugs in this new update particularly in sandbox, occasionally when blocks are put down the red circles pop up with error, if i can snag a screenshot ill put it in the bugs section, thats all i got...

17. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Ahha, I thought that was it but noticed resistors do the same thing (alongside their other use (shortening the distance that the signal travels I think?)) ::): so thought maybe there was something else they did.

18. kick vote works like this too if the reason is griefing

19. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

20. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I really hate to be this guy but holy poop the trap blocks have some serious overlooked consequences. The saw trap is now next to useless unless you enjoy team killing nonstop and constantly turning it back on. Which means the most important trap in the game is now nerfed like crazy as well, the saw trap under the tunnel. Trust me I experimented with this to, I even tried digging super deep and adding layers and layers of trap blocks only to get the same results. I mean sure you can just build a spike trap with doors under a tunnel now but they are super easy to counter as a knight if you have explosives on you. Even as a builder you can just start breaking spikes before death or place a ladder and do so if there's enough room.

Nearly all styles of spike traps have been ruined with this change as well because the platforms trap you in still. So unless you've dug it out enough and made a way out with doors its helping the enemy more then your team. Huge spike traps that allow room for a team door exit are probably one of the worst style of traps you can make. Its a huge waste of resources and its extremely easy to counter them as a knight or builder. Dirt spike traps are a team killing nightmare as well now.

I'm sure some people are going to say "well don't press down idiot" but go ahead and watch what 90% of the common player does. Not only that I'm not even convinced they work properly because even I was falling in these traps nonstop while being completely aware of how they work now.

Another thing I saw today that was awful was people making team killing traps in there base. Its actually really easy to make one that looks like a normal trap to the average person. If your not convinced I could do a mock up but for now I'll just assume you'll trust me on this.

There's a few more points I can jump into but its mainly how this change has effected traps that really concern me. So Instead I'll say an idea @Vampire suggested to me in mumble. Instead of having to press down once, change it to twice. Maybe even another button altogether, I think double tapping down is good enough. You could also just revert it but it seems not a lot of people are on my side right now so that'll probably be more preferred.

Please do something though @Geti because making traps is one of my favorite things to do as builder and I know tons of other people can agree how fun it is.

I'm sorry about being the guy that whines but it's honestly something I'm having a lot of trouble getting around.::(: