1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

USE WATER ARROWS on bomb jumping knights

Discussion in 'Archer' started by whisper_dan, Jul 1, 2015.

?

Are water arrows an adequate solution to bomb jumping knights?

1. Yes, I stop them all the time with water arrows.

93.3%
  2. No, Water arrows are too expensive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, for some other reason (explain)

6.7%
  1. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Most of you reading this probably already know but here goes:

Although some games are won by archers who perform some sort of maneuver to capture the flag, most games are determined by either:

1: tunneling builders.

2: bomb jumping knights.

While I also think tunneling is lame, I don't think a proper solution exists in the game at the moment like a solution exists for bomb jumping veteran knight players.

Their heads are getting too big and we need more archers to teach them (and myself) a lesson with water arrows.

When you see them light two bombs to hop into your base (sometimes even ignoring exposed flags) to destroy buildings, steal wood and stone, and kill your builders, just shoot them with a water arrow and they will die.

It is a fool proof solution that won't exactly prevent you from losing, but at the very least it will keep them knights from flying around the map like superman killing everything.

A problem though, is that knights, and especially good knights have a lot more gold than a defending archer would unless he is a fast builder and constantly swaps back and forth.

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Water arrows are my favorite arrow to choose when I'm playing archer. Archer is a class about patience. Kiting is often the only solution to killing top tier knights when you're dueling them as an archer. Water arrows give archers just enough time to make a decision if they made a mistake.

As far as preventing bomb jumpers with water arrows, I think this is the best strat out there to defend from attackers. Also note that bombs deal 3 hearts of damage. If an enemy is using a single bomb to jump, one water arrow won't be enough to kill them. Try and get a water arrow off and then a regular arrow immediately after to deal that extra heart of damage.

Another technique to kill knights with bombs is to get close to them and shoot them with a fully charged arrow. This is enough to stun them, which will have the same effect as a water arrow. It's a lot more risky and tricky to pull off though!

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. muslim_gyan

muslim_gyan Catapult Fodder

1. No, Water arrows are too expensive

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

FTFY

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Why spend money on water arrows, when you can just let people slowly burn to death? Especially on maps without water.
    Even if you do hit someone, they'll just take some damage and try again. Your arrow is twice as expensive so you'll need to either kill someone with the blast or stop two knights with a single arrow to make this worth the money.
    Meanwhile, if you team up with a knight, stun a squad of enemy knights, and let your friend slash them all at the same time, you'll have assisted in nothing less than a genocide for only about 20 coins. The knight can buy you more arrows and you can repeat the process.

6. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Its not always guaranteed you will hit the fire arrow though. If you hit a knights shield with the fire arrow, it just slides off. Where as the water arrow stuns the knights and your knights have the advantage of winning the exchange.

Blue_Tiger likes this.