1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TWITCH

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by CowboyDan, Jul 11, 2015.

1. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

http://www.twitch.tv/kagcl/profile

Here is the official Twitch for the livestreams of matches.

The goal is to make this a much better way to watch and enjoy matches than spectating on the server.

If you are interested in being apart of livestreaming clan wars, whether you're broadcasting it or commentating, please send me a private conversation. Experience with twitch is required to broadcast.

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Geti can you give this Twitch account a shoutout on the news section?

3. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

@Geti what do you think about that ?
    Do you think it's possible to make something like that for make the competitive scene more popular ?

4. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

@Geti if you back this up it will grow a lot faster

5. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Radio's proposal is awesome I totally dig this!

6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Would probally be best to wait til all the clans join your league(or atleast a decent ammount)

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You'd need to have some easy-to-use web API for us getting the list of clans, their ranking, etc etc. I'm happy to pass it on to our PR guy. The news section is messed up at the moment though.

8. Tern

Hosted on a subdomain of kag2d.com, right? :rollseyes:

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not likely to happen given how trusting our sysadmins are and how unwilling any of us are going to be to update scores every few days, I'd be happy to point it at compkog.com or kagscrubs.org or saltybuilders.net or whatever if it was a stable json or xml list of the stuff I'd need to render that "top 3". It would definitely not be super high on my priority list.
    Wouldn't mind adding a static link to a twitch section or whatever though.

10. Tern

Pointing people here (Dan's link in the original post) would probably help a lot with views and follows. Maybe it could be put in the news feed after it gets a fix too.

11. no past broadcasts, no highlights, 0/10

i think you should "prove your worth" first before asking to be advertised from game. promoting your stream just like that would be unfair for other streamers

12. CowboyDan

There are no other streamers. Except Swine who also just started and is just doing solo stuff. This is a twitch for the entire competitive community. Our first stream was just yesterday, and i didn't realize you had to set it to save broadcasts. However, there is a link to the youtube channel from the twitch that will have every match and already has the first.

But yes, i agree things should go further before we advertise from in game.

13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I wouldn't be opposed if Geti did some kind of shout out to anyone producing kag content frequently... I'm going to stream almost every time I play.

14. Tern

This isn't a personal stream anyway. This is the stream we're using for KCL to which multiple people have access. And what other streamers, you? You rarely stream KAG, and this is exclusively for KCL matches, not individual gameplay.

15. CowboyDan

16. trainchaser

trainchaser Lurker THD Team Global Moderator

Hey guys, cool, I'll post about it on our Facebook and Twitter after the second stream is up, so that there's more content available when people click on the link.

17. CowboyDan

18. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I do not know if you noticed, but the league has the same problem of the KWC to record the matches
    There is only one person (CowboyDan) who record the games.
    Out Dan can not stay awake, or be present H24 to record all the matches of this league!
    We should have at least one member of each continent:
    A US (Dan) a EU (?) An AUS (?) Which have a access to the twitch to record and post the matches.

19. CowboyDan

I asked people to contact me for the info and nobody did. Me and 2 other us players are the only ones with it now

20. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear