1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Competitive League: Reboot of a Reboot

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by ShamWow-SuperRag, Jul 20, 2015.

1. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    You heard right; it's here... again.... After much consideration, I've realized that taking a decisive course of action to reboot the KCL is the best choice. We either let it die, and make it harder for the person who wants to revive it later, or try again, and have a 50/50 chance of success. Know this: your opinion was probably not included in my decision of what rules we should use. Don't complain, don't boycott this league just because you didn't have it your way. Life isn't Subway, you can't always build that perfect sandwich. I plead with you, participate in this experimental league. And if you don't like it after you've tried it, then don't stomp off and rage silently, help me change it.

First, here are some questions that need to be answered:
    • How does the league work?
    First, we'll have a tourney that determines the rank of each clan. The tourney will be classic elimination, but those who lose must play against each other to determine their rank. This ranking will not be reset, it will only be changed because of other tourneys, and it will probably not use the ELO system. While ELO has its advantages, its completely unneeded in this format. Tourneys are the main feature of this league, and while you can still have CWs with other clans, those win, ties, or losses will not affect a clan's ranking. CWs, in this league, are for testing each other's strength and improving your own clan, and, most importantly, having fun.
    • How will matches in the tourney be treated/scheduled?
    When clans sign up, who-fights-who will be picked completely random. Each match of the tourney will be streamed on twitch, and the results will be posted in a designated thread. The when-and-where will be agreed by the clan leaders who are playing in the match. If both clan leaders agree on a time, and the clan cannot make it, that clan loses by default and put against other clans that lost.

Actual Rules:
    Match Length: Each match will be 25 minutes long, whoever has the most flags left in a game when the timer runs out, that person wins. If each clan has the same number of flags and the timer stops, another 10 minutes will be added to the match.

#1 Build Time: The build time will be 150 seconds

#2 Best of: Each match will be a best of 2 rounds.

#3 Players on Each Team: It will be a 5v5, only 4v4 or 6v6 if both clans agree

#4 Substitution: Clans cannot substitute "lone-wolves" unless agreed by both clans

#5 Added: Both teams have the ability to ban 1 map, and then pick 1 map.

#6 Added: Slightly improved rules to settle ties, as there can't be one in a tourney.

• same build time(150secs)
    • same match time(25mins)
    • same maps
    • after the timer, if no one has capped yet, the round's win will be determined by which team has spent the most time past mid
    • no more 10min extension
    @makmoud98 has made a mod to support this, and has updated his US KCL Server with that mod.

If there are any more rules that I left out, please notify me. Look at the bracket here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I would like to request the option of 6v6 if both clans agree.

3. ShamWow-SuperRag

Okay, will add that. Seems fair enough.

EDIT: Added that to the rules.

4. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

How does work the B02? Like the Kag World Cup, the team with the most flags wins the match?
    And if the both teams have the same number of flags, it is the one who captured the flag before who win ?
    We choose the map on which we want to play? Like @Mazey proposed?

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Anyone I talked to expects map veto like I proposed or something similar.

6. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Considering we don't really have a system to choose a map in-game other than repeatedly next-mapping, I think we have to skip out on taking turns picking and banning maps, even though it's a cool idea. Allowing each team to veto a map they don't like seems completely reasonable though.

technoteddy303 likes this.
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Randomness is never good in competitive play, also /rcon /loadmap ipickthismap.png
    Oh and by the way, the proposal was both teams ban 1 map, then pick 1 map. Doesn't take too long if you prepare

technoteddy303 and kittycity like this.
  8. ShamWow-SuperRag

I will try out @Mazey 's idea in this tourney. There is no reason why we shouldn't try out new ideas.

@Snake19, whoever has the most flags left in a game when the timer runs out, that person wins.
    If each clan has the same number of flags and the timer stops, another 10 minutes will be added to the match. We'll figure out what happens if they still haven't capped flags when it actually occurs. It will be a mappack, and like Mazey said, both teams can ban 1 map, and then pick 1 map.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    technoteddy303 likes this.
  9. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

I'm sorry but I don't think I can add time for a match during game on my server.

Blue_Tiger, Tern and Snake19 like this.
  10. ShamWow-SuperRag

Hmmm.... I'll have to figure something else then.

11. What maps are being used? I would hate for there to be shit maps. I assume you're using the KAG Official CTF maps, but still, one or two of them are just really bad.

12. ShamWow-SuperRag

@Colargolator has the mappack, I believe.

Each clan has the ability to ban a map and pick a map one time.

13. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

There you go fellas

Attached Files:

14. ShamWow-SuperRag

Thanks, colar!

15. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I have made a mod for the kcl stuff. features:
    • fixes the match timer (no more desync)
    • automatically sets the match time to 25mins
    • automatically set the build time to 150secs
    • automatically adds 10 mins the the match time if both teams have an equals number of flags at the end of the timer. (rule is in the OP)
    • will give the win to the other team if they lost a flag at the end of the timer. (Note: before it would just call the game a tie at the end of the timer even though you are up a flag. obviously we still knew it was a win, but now the game enforces it)
    I feel as though, any kcl match should have this mod. I will talk to someone about getting an AUS kcl server as well. If you have any questions, fire away. I'm open to any changes as well

Attached Files:

SpideY, Blue_Tiger, Mazey and 3 others like this.
  16. Tern

Awesome job, mak, and thanks a ton

Edit: @ShamWow-SuperRag that file should probably be linked in the OP

17. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

also, wtf is best of 2 that makes no sense. did u mean best of 3? can u please be more specific about the rules and maybe put together some examples so that i(and everyone else) can better understand how it works.

18. it can be bo2, TI in Dota does bo2 in group stage (source). Also bo2 allows you to play cross-server with no advantage to either team

makmoud98 and Tern like this.
  19. Tern

The only problem with two rounds is that teams can be tied in flag caps (which would be fine in a group stage but not in an elimination bracket), which is why we have the time extensions.

20. ShamWow-SuperRag

how to do that? Thanks, Mak!