1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Happenings of KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slysin, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Slysin

Slysin Shark Slayer

This thread is about a person who has played kag since totalbiscuit did his "WTF is King arthurs gold". I have wondered what the general happening of this game have been and i have put in a few questions for people that use the forums and follow the game. I will probly think of more question and add them in later

1.why did TB not continue videos of this game? you would think since it was released on steam it would have grabbed his attention and he would have made a follow up video. All i know is somewhere somone said the dev of kag complained to TB that the video didnt show KAG fairly or somthing along those lines.

2. will this game be balanced and if it is not why? (I dont know anything about coding or whatever i have no clue how game engines work)

3. What happened to the guy who did the comics for this game?

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

3. Slysin

Slysin Shark Slayer

Why?

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

1. MM (one of the other developers) said TB looked like an idiot playing it, and TB responded angrily and saw it as a lack of gratitude for him making videos. Can't blame him, but you'd think he'd be used to being called an idiot by now. He hasn't covered the game since.

2. The game is by definition "balanced" as both teams have exactly the same tech, resources, etc available to them. The individual classes and roles that they play are more or less constantly tweaked and adjusted as you can see from the development logs.

3. xiaojin67 has moved onto other things. She's working on various animation and comic projects and you can see her work over on twitter, though she's been quiet there since May iirc.

Addendum: blaming me is a forum pastime.

5. PUNK123

where do i find the internet cat fight between TB and MM?

6. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Stop being baide ::P:
    Best answer 2015 ::D:

PUNK123 likes this.
  7. Slysin

Slysin Shark Slayer

Did MM ever apologize for it? kinda makes me angry cause that was free advertisement from TB and the game could be bigger if he didnt piss him off.

wilpin7 and ValiantVoyager like this.
  8. PUNK123

to be fair he did look like an idiot playing it. There is no denying that.

9. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Well... he is a biscuit, and a total one at that. Biscuits are supposed to be buttery and yummery, not being good at KAG :B):

Magmus and TBA_LordKnight like this.
  10. ValiantVoyager

ValiantVoyager Ballista Bolt Thrower

Sorry to jump in but in my opinion I think it's the intention that one should be judged by, not his/her actions/skill. If someone liked you and gave you, say, a hand-made card, but the artwork was horrible, you shouldn't judge them by that. You should judge them by the intention behind the making of the card. In that respect I hope TB was apologized to : /

Magmus, Rayne, Slysin and 1 other person like this.
  11. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

tb's video on kag made me cringe but calling him an idiot is kind of no

ValiantVoyager likes this.
  12. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Anyone can tell me who is "TB" and where i can find his videos ? What is his channel ?

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: "was he apologised to" I can tell you guys have never met MM, haha.

No, he wasn't, at least not by Michal; I tried to follow it up on twitter but he basically responded with "fuck you". While I'm frustrated with the outcome, I also don't think we should have to grovel at the feet of any big name who makes a video; while it's nice and all it honestly kinda loses its flavour when the response to some relatively harmless poking is indignant entitled outrage. I definitely understand TB's reaction, but I don't think we owe him much, and in all fairness he did have a hard time with it, and said so himself. The whole experience was pretty sour.

@Snake19 totalbiscuit.

14. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Thank you Geti,
    now I understand better, why ... MM... why
    Sometimes you need to make a sacrifice to save a game. :/

ValiantVoyager likes this.
  15. Geti

This was like 1 year after release, in middle classic days. I think if the video had come now he wouldn't have even seen it or posted haha.

16. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

MM and advertising, the biggest problem since soldat.

Dargona1018, Joiken and PUNK123 like this.
  17. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Why Geti is always such a cool guy and MM is always portrayed as some kind of rebel punk dev? Gives me the image that Geti is a sweet mom caring for her family and MM is an alcoholic and violent husband; always the menace of violence in front of the children. I'm just guessing tho

Magmus, NinjaCell, Monsteri and 9 others like this.
  18. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

So... Geti is our mom?

19. Geti

@Psiklaw Michal's soured by years of dealing with soldat fans ;) More honestly though, he's just got much less of an active filter between what he thinks and what he says - as a few have hinted here, while it wasn't clever to call TB an idiot, it was simply what he thought from looking at the video. I think part of it is just polish culture of being honest over being polite, but some of it is his personality too. I'll pass on the comparison though haha.

I've tried to take a more diplomatic approach over the years, but it could also be that I just haven't had as long in this business as him to go sour, haha.

20. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Hey, now @Arcrave can actually say "I fucked ur mum" and he's telling the truth!
    yeah, I know it didn't happen, but I'm still shipping it

On topic, I thought you guys now have Trainchaser for a reason, so MM doesn't scare off any potential Youtube-ers (Since MM is definitely not a "people person")