1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Apex vs. SURGE

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Tern, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Apex vs SURGE

Server: Geti'sburg (KCL Rules), KCL - KAG Competitive League EU
    Date: Sunday, 26th July 2015
    Rules: Official rules

Apex :
    • Griever
    • Lefty
    • Neo
    • sangfroid
    • t3rnary
    SURGE :
    • Darknight
    • Rampage
    • Gunkabob
    • Illusion
    • Technoteddy
    Results :
    • Round 1 - MonsteriCTF1 : 2 - 1 (Apex won with 2 caps)
    • Round 2 - Grounds : 1 - 0 (Apex won with 2 caps)
    • Outcome: Apex WIN!

2. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Approved and gg wp

3. Tern

gg, fun matches

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i thought you said you'd never sub the builder?

5. Tern

I didn't mention the one exception because I didn't think it was a possibility. Tonight I was pleasantly surprised.

6. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Is monsteryctf1 in the map pool ? Cant find it!

7. PUNK123

Why was it played on EU?

8. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I would like to warn you to be very careful Apex.

It is normally forbidden to use "lone-wolfs" in your team
    I guess for this match both clans agreed to use them, because the SURGE had "illusion".

But it remains very likely that a clan refuses you to use a "lone-wolf" and in that case you would be forced to admit a forfeit to your clan. :/

9. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

We knew we wouldn't win since they had Sang on top of that Lefty. Didn't want them to bitch and we wanted to get the match over with. Nonetheless gg.

10. PUNK123

In this league pretty sure subs are allowed if both clans agree and it wouldnt be a forfeit if one clan doesnt.

11. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

I just want to clarify: This is not for the tourney match, correct?

12. Tern

This is the tourney match.
    Sang is in Apex (albeit unofficially and only for the summer), and he will be playing against AG#. :wink:

Edited for clarity.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Prepare your anus AG#

14. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Really ? So why i don't see him in your theard ? :P

15. Tern

I think it's going to stay unofficial for now.

16. Darknighte9

So then have him put on the tag and add him to the roster, there is no point for someone to act like they are not in a clan if they really are.

Initially after a discussion, our team opted not to accept sang as a sub. But after rethinking things and in an effort to at least get a match going (being this is like the fourth or fifth tourney) and be easy going about things, we decided to allow it, with Illusion subbing for Bones who had to leave an hour or two earlier. We new we would probably lose but we played anyways so that a few of our less experienced players could get some real experience in clan wars.
    US Server got screwed up after we voted next map for 2nd official match, and a server restart by t3rn did not fix things so we agreed to just play with lag on EU.

That makes pretty much no sense at all. If he's truly in your clan, you can take a couple minutes to add and link him on your roster and he can wear your tag in game. As much as your clan is stacked with knight power, I think everyone would much rather prefer you just have an updated roster and people representing your clan than a bunch of supposedly clan-less players that you call upon at the last minute for CWs. When you make things "unofficial", there is no telling the salt that will arise in planning clan wars. The least you could do is have full transparency about your roster with other clans rather than have sekrit members that are sort of in the clan, but not really, but then sort of in the clan again when you decide to have a clan war.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  17. Tern

It's more of a personal issue than anything else. I don't mind taking the time to add him, and sang wants to play matches with us, but he doesn't want to make a full commitment when he's only around for the summer, among other things. I'll talk to him about listing him on the roster, but I really think any salt that comes up because of him being unlisted is pretty childish when it makes almost no difference as to whether or not he wears a tag and has his name listed.

18. Darknighte9

I have people in SURGE that aren't making full commitments (like @RampageX since Zen is taking a competitive break), but I still have him on the roster and he understands that he is in SURGE, and I understand that he is free to leave if Zen gets back in to competitive. More than anything I think its just common courtesy to keep you roster updated, and I imagine others would agree with me on that.

19. You can create a separate division in your clan then. Add a section containing all the part-time players.

20. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

im about to jizz. pls rek ag multiple times thxgg