1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TheDirtySwine's Knight Guide

Discussion in 'Knight' started by TheDirtySwine, Jul 4, 2015.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Hello all,
    As some of you are aware, I recently invested in a new gaming computer that will allow me to record. Since KAG is my favorite game I decided that my first videos would be tutorials for each class, in hopes that I could keep new players around. Today I spent an hour or so, coming up with the most important things you should know when playing knight. Keep in mind that this is a rough draft, but I'd like to know if I missed anything. I will most likely post the video here or in KAG media once completed. Don't expect it to be out anytime soon. This is going to be a lot more work than I anticipated. Here's the guide, I'm open to new ideas and critique:

Basics:
    Knights have three types of sword attacks: Jabbing, Slashing, and Double Slashing.

Quickly pressing the mouse allows you to jab. Jabbing deals one heart of damage and also temporarily stuns enemies. If an enemy is shielding while you jab them, you will be stunned for a short duration. I generally use jabs when the enemy has two hearts or less.

Holding down the mouse allows you to slash. Slashing deals two hearts of damage if the enemy is not shielding. If the enemy is shielding, a slash will break the enemies shield. Breaking the shield causes the enemy to be temporarily stunned and vulnerable to attack.

By holding down the mouse long enough you will be able to double slash. Double slashing deals four hearts of damage. If the enemy is shielding the first slash will break their shield and the second slash will deal two hearts of damage.

You can use your shield for many things including: blocking enemy attacks, gliding, surfing and bomb jumping.

Shielding will protect you from most enemy attacks except for the double slash. Shielding will protect you from most enemy items except for water bombs, water arrows, kegs, catapult rocks, and ballista bolts.

While jumping place your shield above you to glide a short distance. You can use gliding to wall jump across wide gaps. Gliding also softens the blow from a fall.

You can use chickens to glide even further. Eggs can be bought from the quarters, which hatch into chickens over time.

You are able to shield surf on both land and water. In order to shield surf aim your cursor below you and shield towards the ground at an angle. Once you have shielded at this angle repeatedly press the up arrow key while using the left/right arrow key to move in desired direction. If you are going fast enough and collide with an enemy you will cause him to be stunned. This is known as shield bashing. When shield surfing in water aim your shield towards the water when falling in. If done correctly, you will bounce for a maximum of two bounces.

You can bomb jump by shielding your own or enemy bombs. Once the bomb goes off, you will be launched in the opposite direction of the blast. You can also double bomb jump. Double bomb jumping allows you to get over most enemy structures without the need of a builder. When you purchase two bombs get into a good position to bomb jump. Quickly press space three times to activate both bombs. Shield down for the first explosion and while in the air press space again to throw the second bomb.

Items: *****(Talk about this before bomb jumping)*****
    Bombs can be thrown at the enemy or used to bomb jump. Use space bar to activate them and space bar again to throw them. They can be purchased for 25 coins at the knight shop. You can hold up to 4 bombs at a time. Bombs have a large radius and do 3 hearts of damage depending how close the enemy was when the bomb went off. Bombs also do damage to enemy structures. They have a very distinct damage radius, so a well timed bomb can send an enemy castle crumbling to the ground. You generally want to throw them just before they explode because enemies will catch them and throw them back if they have the chance.

Water bombs can be used to stun the enemy. Like regular bombs, use space bar to activate them and space bar again to throw them. They can be purchased for 30 coins at the knight shop. Players generally use water bombs to prevent the enemy from being able to do anything for a short duration. This leaves enemies vulnerable to attack. I like to throw them just before an enemy is about to throw a lit bomb; it will stun them causing them to kill themselves because they weren't able to throw the bomb before it went off. Water bombs can also be used to put out fires and cool down overheated drills. A little known fact is that the collision of water bombs and lit kegs will send the keg flying.

Mines can be used to damage enemies or enemy structures. Mines are automatically placed in your inventory when purchased, so you will need to hold F and click on the mine to equip it and then press space bar to throw it. Mines take a small duration to activate. You will know that your mine has been activated once it has spikes. They can be purchased for 60 coins at the knight shop. They will explode when an enemy collides with them. This includes dead enemy bodies and enemy arrows. I often use mines to take out enemy shops, tunnels, and siege weapons because they do more to damage shops and siege. Be aware of your surroundings because mines can often backfire and do damage to you if something causes it to go off. Mines will activate in the air if thrown from high enough.

Kegs deal the most damage to enemies and enemy structures; however, they can be knocked off of your back if you're not careful. They will often be used against you if the enemy sees the opportunity. Kegs also explode if they reach a certain velocity. Combining kegs with a bomb jump can have devastating consequences to the enemy team if you pull it off correctly.

Burgers will heal you for full health no matter how much damage you have taken. Use space bar to activate them. They can be purchased for 20 gold at the quarters. You can hold up to 4 burgers at a time. If a burger is lying on the ground, you will automatically eat it if you are missing any health.

Combat:
    Timing and velocity are the key to knight combat. Move in when you see an enemy make a mistake and try to have a height advantage. The faster your velocity the farther your slash.

Shielding down while falling is a great way to land on an enemy an kill him instantly. This is called stomping. The faster your velocity the more damage you will deal to an enemy. Depending on your velocity stomping will often stun an enemy and making them vulnerable to being attacked. If you combine stomping and slashing you can kill enemies with ease.

Stunning is the best way to open an enemy to be attacked. Enemies can be stunned by double slashes, shield bashing, regular bombs and water bombs, water arrows, jabs, stomps, and if they hit your shield when jabbing.

2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Nice guide, it covers the basics with an easy explanation, well done! I wanna see the videos ::):

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  3. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

More pictures and gifs, pm me if you need help filming.

4. TheDirtySwine

Yeah this is just a script / blueprint. I'd be more than happy to have someone help me film

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Nice guide draft but don't train noobs to use water bombs ;-;.

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Why does everyone buy burgers instead of full meals?

-You need to talk about shield angle in the "shield" section
    -Mines can be defused by shielding against them --> can also be used to bombjump
    -"Kegs also explode on impact if they reach a certain velocity"
    -In combat, mention how important movement and distance to enemy is. It ties in with timing and velocity

-When you film, it's best imo to film short vids/gifs for every scenario as opposed to one long video. That way you can teach ppl about individual aspects without them having to go through a whole instruction vid.

Thanks again for doing this.:thumbs_up:

7. TheDirtySwine

Thank you for the feedback! I'm going to record each thing that I talk about. Most likely with another person. Just expect a voice over explaining things.

8. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Pics or it never happened.
    But really, looks good man.

9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Noice guide. Simply structured and good layout. GJ Oink

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

good guide. I saw a knight in the past putting bodies *in* closed doors so that when teammates walked thru them the doors are stuck opened(trollest thing ever).

EhRa and Blue_Tiger like this.
  11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Next Gen Nites

12. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

did I just see bomb jump and keg in the same sentence

13. TheDirtySwine

Heck yeah you did! It'll be even cooler on video! Knight tutorial is probably my next project

14. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

if you can bomb jump with keg and you show a video I swear i will kiss you on the lips

15. TheDirtySwine

Haha you should check out my latest video! It's got triple bomb jumps, keg jumps, and everything you could ask for! Link is in my profile

16. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

17. Oh

18. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

I am so retarded I thought you meant bomb jumping ON the keg wow I need a doctor

good videos though subbed