1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Happenings of KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slysin, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Guys I do not know if you know this youtuber who made two fantastic videos about this game .. but look at that last ...

icemusher likes this.
  2. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Pretty much what I'm thinking I would just phrase it differently.
    I'm not making games to suck some guys dick. If I had to choose between having 10,000 and 1,000,00 players I'd rather have the first and not have to suck.
    My mistake was treating these forums as I would treat any other place, like I would be talking with you guys in a pub. I didn't realize TB would have scouts listening to everything that is said about him on the entire internet. I learnt my lesson and am not talking about anyone publically again.

And yes Geti is your mom :). That's why we have a great relationship and I'm aware how much he brings to the table.

PS. Trainchaser is our son.

3. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Its a bit sad in fact. Because of some idiots, you wont talk anymore with your player base and this forum. Its always nice to hear devs opinion about some changes or the future of the game (KAG or any other THD game).

You shouldnt put every one in the same bag because you have many dedicated players who are following (and supporting you by buying your games) you since many years.

franek123, Withror, Tern and 2 others like this.
  4. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

First time I see you post, I like you already.

5. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Not having to "suck some guys junk" is the nice part about being an independent developer. I love the creative freedom that you've allowed players to have by making such a unique and fun game; however, I feel that humbling yourself for someone who has a large following might have given Kag the push it needed to become a really popular game. Regardless if TB was a moron and had no idea what he was doing, he could have caused a ripple effect and showed some other Youtubers that this game has potential.

Nobody had any idea about minecraft until it became popular on Youtube. Obviously some circumstances are different, but could you imagine what would've happened if Notch talked crap about the first video to ever be published about his game by a large youtuber?

I'm not saying that you need to bow down to these large youtubers, but don't let your pride get in the way of a good opportunity.

It might be too late to gain popularity with kag, and I'm sure you probably don't care if it ever became popular, but don't make the same mistake with Trench Run. You guys are talented and produce really high quality content. I'm not trying to offend you with this comment I just think that you should be careful when an opportunity like that, arises again in the future.

Blue_Tiger and ValiantVoyager like this.
  7. we all have to make sacrefices for the greater good

8. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

totalbiscuit is a fucking nerd loser beta fgt confirmed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh no, I'm not not posting on the forums because of that incident. Me not spending time here is simply a calculation. I'm just a human with a 24 hour clock like you and I have to choose between making a game for you guys and talking with you. I'd rather make a game so you have something to talk about :D. Since Geti is handling forums nicely (he speaks what I'm thinking too) I think its working well. I do miss talking on forums cause it's fun.

Maybe we could find a more time efficient way to do it, like organize an International KAG Convention. KAGCon? Somewhere in the world? :)

Lava, Withror, NinjaCell and 16 others like this.
  10. SharkT

SharkT Arsonist

Please have a KAGCON in Syria

11. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

He talks? What?

Kububv, Tern, blackjoker77777 and 2 others like this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You guys should all just flood any event we attend ;) I'm sure we'd get better booths that way as well, haha.

Kububv, NinjaCell, Hakma and 2 others like this.
  13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

ok. kagcon in chicago il, usa?

Lava, Kububv, suspect and 3 others like this.
  14. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

A great thing about KAG is that it's one od those games which has very active and responsive developers. You don't see that much these days.

ValiantVoyager likes this.
  15. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

I guess kagcon in minneasota is no :QQ:

TheDirtySwine and PUNK123 like this.
  16. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Lol I wouldn't have to drive far at all and neither would Barbarossa

17. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

I am totally in favor of KAGcon. If that isn't possible, what event are you guys attending next? Just so we can plan the flooding >:)

makmoud98 likes this.
  18. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

France is the best. We have cheese. Who doesn't like cheese? Okay, people allergic to meal - We have good bread as well.

19. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well then, might as well host it in Luxembourg

20. I discovered this as well! I didn't know he had 3 videos of it out though! Hands down, one of the most entertaining videos to me ever! I found KAG through this video,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sva1eQt4IM0 it was recommended after a RotmG guide I was watching at the time.

Withror and Bint like this.