1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Conconjawa's Quest for Flight!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by conconjawa, Aug 1, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. conconjawa

conconjawa Catapult Fodder

Watching soldiers get thrown into the stratosphere has got me thinking, what if we could fly on command?
    I'm not talking about wings or sustained flight my dear children, I'm talking about grenade jumping.
    I've recently have begun experimenting with this revolutionary idea and discovering its uses in society.
    In this thread I'm going to write down my results and share it to the world for you to try at home.

It's not very hard to do, its just hard to actually live through it. All you have to do is throw a grenade right under you, walk a few feet away and JUMP!

Now it may have ended in 3 different ways.

1. You died, but flew quite far.
    2. You flew across the sky and lived to tell the tale.
    3. You weren't affected by it.

If you died there are two reasons why.

1. you previously injured.
    2.were you right next to it.

Fix those issues and you MIGHT live next time.

Once you have spent some time messing with this way of travel post your experiences down below.
    Discuss it with other mentally scarred test subjects on other methods of doing this and possible uses of grenade jumping in combat.

2. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Pics or didn't happen! :D

3. conconjawa

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    stabborazz and Kinpump like this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you have a medkit to aim for you can do this quite well with engineer rockets as well :) definitely needs a heal on landing though.

J-man2003 and wilpin7 like this.
  5. conconjawa

I've actually been currently trying that out haha. Also, I noticed that occasionally when missile-jumping that occasionally the engineer will surf across the ground and never lose his balance. I've tried to replicate this with the assault but he always lost his balance. Is this a bug or intentional?

6. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Less like flying, looks more like falling with style :B):

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

:chicken:

Dargona1018, Noburu, wilpin7 and 3 others like this.
  8. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

@Geti We need This.. as a solid feature. If You do It right You don't lose health, If You make a mistake You get destroyed :D

9. TBA_LordKnight

TBA_LordKnight Bison Rider

Geti liked it!
    DANGIT GETI
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and this is a interesting feature to the game similar to rocket jumping in tf2, TDH should work on improving if they can.

10. conconjawa

That's essentially what happens. Most of the time you either "die" or get injured, but occasionally take no damage.

Geti likes this.
  11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

helps society

very much helps society

I just like when someone gets sniped or gets exploded and their corpse goes flying, best thing ever, even if it happens to you.

12. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Right now, the knockback caused by the grenade doesn't look any faster than simply running, and gravity is pretty harsh.

Looks funny with the floppy ragdoll, but I don't see many situations where I would actually use it, unless I'm firing my dead body towards a medkit. ::D:

TBA_LordKnight and J-man2003 like this.
  13. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Maybe the player who threw the grenade will take only half damage, so grenade jumping can become a thing. (assault is meant to be the main offensive class right? If so, it would fit the class's role)

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey