1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Story of CTF, and why you should git gud.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wilpin7, Aug 15, 2015.

?

Git gud

Poll closed Aug 22, 2015.
  1. Ok

55.6%
  2. No!

44.4%
  1. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

There I was, playing CTF, the first game was pretty good, and I did a very good job of keeping my team alive and whatnot.

screen-15-08-15-13-48-07.png
    (we won shortly after this screenshot was taken.
    screen-15-08-15-13-50-52.png

It was a good game, and I was feeling ready for the next game! We built a very nice
    screen-15-08-15-13-53-58.png
    and so I charged forward, ready to crush my enemies, I came across a chicken which helped me get over the blue scrum's wall!
    screen-15-08-15-13-55-48.png
    screen-15-08-15-13-55-50.png
    I had lots of kills, and it didn't feel very fair, my teammates forgot that they could climb the wall and grab the flag as archer, so I stayed there and fought for a while, until I died and came back with a keg, blowing up my foe's wall. We then took some more flags.
    screen-15-08-15-13-59-36.png
    But then, the horror happened! The blues rage-quitted and we were left all alone with a sour taste in our mouths.
    screen-15-08-15-13-59-56.png
    Poor blues all left the game, we won the next minute, but it wasn't a very good game. So this my friends, is why you should git gud and make better bases, have a more balanced team (50% knights, 25% archers and builders)

That or I should've skipped the map, chickens OP plz nerf.

Sponsored by water.

2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

It isn't exactly all about the experience of the other team, it's more about the fact that the people on the other team literally are cowards that surrender the moment they find out that the other team are full of pros.

wilpin7 likes this.
  3. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

80% of people, games or not, do not enjoy facing some nigh immortal enemy that trumps them everytime they try something, so they leave
    you can't expect people who aren't having fun to continue playing.

4. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Yea, I agree if with @DatNobby. Some of the time I just quit CTF because its really boring. I see pros do this all the time. Its not fun when you dont have a challenge.

J-man2003, PinXviiN and wilpin7 like this.
  5. suspect

suspect Catapult Fodder

9/10 I don't even bother staying in a server without someone matching my skill level because it just becomes a game of "how long can I stay in their base w/o dying"

PinXviiN and wilpin7 like this.
  6. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is a cool story. And with pictures! IV never seen a thread like this, even though it might have been done before.

Now I need to write my own story.

J-man2003 and wilpin7 like this.
  7. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

I'll usually stay in a server unless it has >4 people who aren't interested in RP or peace
    If I'm not interested I'll just be pacifist

wilpin7 likes this.
  8. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I personally ragequit this particular session because you had lagspikes up to 2k ping, so yeah, there's that too.

Other than that I don't really see why you posted this thread other than to brag about your score. Not trying to hate, I just think it's a weird thread.

Asu, Vampire, PinXviiN and 5 others like this.
  9. whisper_dan

so git gud or nah?

wilpin7 likes this.
  10. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

I'll kill you all with my laggy lag lag! I didn't see any problems myself but others might, there's not much I can do to help that though.

Also yeah, this is just for bragging, but it sparked some really nice comments.

Psiklaw and heX_ like this.
  11. king-george

Well, if the other team is full of pros, then you actually do have a challenge.

12. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

That's a very important thing to mention, if I had screenshots from when I first played, it'd be a compilation of games lost and pictures of my dead body being humped by a knight or two! The difference with the "pros" and the "noobscrubsgitgud" is that the pros stuck around, enduring defeats after defeats, getting better and better until finally, they triumphed and stuck out above the peasantry, to become real KAG pro knights.

Archer is a whole other story, all archers are born equal, it's just the amount of troll-iness that makes them any better.

Builder is about taking the opportunities when they present themselves, making the best of your build phase and being even more of a troll then archer, but still less annoying on some levels, since you don't charge in with your pickax and kill knights, archers you can.

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. ShamWow-SuperRag

If my team was filled with nubs and the other with a bunch of pros? Yeah, no. Not a challenge in that case, more like really frustrating and boring, lol.

J-man2003 and PinXviiN like this.
  14. king-george

Then it's a really frustrating and boring challenge.

15. ShamWow-SuperRag

It's only an official challenge (noun) until you accept it (conscious decision or unconscious decision). Someone or something can challenge you (verb) but you don't have to accept it. And I don't know about you, but I will not accept a challenge that is really frustrating and boring.

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. king-george

I guess you're right.

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

When theres no challege on the enemy team and there are no better servers i usually switch to archer or builder

18. whisper_dan

The story of CTF, and why you should git gud: Addendum

So there I was....Building a wall in front of Wilpin7 so he cant cap. As you can see from my corpse I had no stone so get off my back.

I jumped down to build a 2nd layer and Kazaco killed me. (RIP)
    [​IMG]

Droping a keg on Wilpin7 and kazaco.

Sweet revenge.
    [​IMG]

Shout out to @mehwaffle10 for being the only one alive in these shots.

I wish there was a program that could take the last 10 seconds of your gameplay and turn it into a gif.

19. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I don't have anything to add I just want Wilpin to like my post because he is apparently the new Noburu

J-man2003, wilpin7 and Mariox222 like this.
  20. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Ill give you like <3

Did you guys ever tried no-shield challenge?