1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly Log - TR Soundtrack Preview, Lobby Progress, API Fixes, KAG Build Inbound

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey everyone, sorry for the late log, here’s what’s happened this week at THD!

For those who missed it last week, you can listen to a preview of the main theme on youtube:

We’re committed to this gypsy style but we’re keen to hear what people think of it as well; what sort of feelings and images it conjures up for our players.

Lobby progress this week has been good; the old lobbies have been converted to the new truck system and it all feels quite a bit more polished and fun. There are still some issues getting all the servers to talk to each other promptly for things like synchronising coin changes, but the system is mostly working, with trucks coming and taking people off to games, and testers able to gain and lose coins based on the outcome of the games. So far, the coins are just used for entry costs for games (harder lobbies cost more per game), but we have plans to allow spending them to change outfits, buy booze, bet on card games and perhaps high-stakes duelling!

[​IMG]
    For now, you can spend your coins on the driver’s fuel money,
    and ammunition costs! ;^)

Campaign mode (the major team-based TR mode) is not yet properly functional, but will be our main priority for next week now that most of the lobby stuff is working. We’re really excited to start experimenting with the class interactions that become possible in a 5v5.

The API Issues that have been plaguing hosts have been investigated a little more and we may have found a workaround, thanks to Asumagic from the community for giving us a tip-off on a modded partial solution. Thankfully, we avoided touching the API Client code, which would be a very big job to rewrite, and is not friendly to modification. For players, this will mean fewer unstable servers, should the changes work as intended. These changes will affect KAG and TR.

In KAG-specific news, we’ve had some issues with new menu code and still need to test various balance changes that have been applied. Our plan is to disable the new menus until they can be properly tested accross all platforms, and take the balance changes and reversions through their paces. We’ll try for a build next week, but it’s quite a busy time, so at worst we’ll keep you informed and aim for the following week.

Have Fun!

Max

2. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

If there is a leaderboard to the amount of booze one drinks ingame I'm going to destroy it so hard you guys don't even know #casualgamerscum :rekt::flex:

Also hurray for @AsuMagic !!! :smug:

Finally I like the happy go lucky feel to the music already. Top notch material to be shooting and blowing one another up with reckless abandon
    :heart::thumbs_up:

Kinpump and PinXviiN like this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Holy crap, it looks amazing. I love the shading.

Actually I don't really know if i was the first to think about that workaround, but I don't remember anyone proposed that (to Leo, at the time) when I said it the first time.
    And thanks Leo as well for helping me testing it up as well and giving me a lot of useful infos that led me to that idea o/

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator