1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The one combat mech that NEEDS to go.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by toothgrinderx, Aug 20, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

>interrupt a slash charge with a quick jab
    >get jabbed in return

It's bullshit. I get that jabs don't stun because jab spam can already work if unexpected, but somehow this needs to be fixed. Perhaps put a slight stun in if you take damage while charging a slash(maybe only from jabs if possible).

PLS

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

What would be cool is if they add a "kick" button that interrupts slashes. I agree with you.

3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

A fix could be than when you are hit by a jab, you cannot jab again until you have released your LMB.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    PalladiumGirl likes this.
  4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Lol i thought this thread was about combat mechs
    [​IMG]

5. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Go play with your toys somewhere else

6. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Im fairly certain Jabs that are shield blocked aren't being punished with a stun.

Sometimes when I'm charging a slash I get jabbed 4 times and die before I realize what has happened.

Sometimes my double slashes are completely blocked with a shield.

C'est LA vie

7. toothgrinderx

1. Just ping shit

2. You being bad

3. If you gain enough distance between you and the the person slashing you will block both slashes. This is fine.

I'm talking about one specific actual mechanic flaw, pls. pls. pls.

8. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

KickingI think is a good idea but there is already a mechanic ike that when you surf into someone with your shield and it stuns them + a knock back.

SirDangalang and PanduhsFTW like this.
  9. toothgrinderx

Please stop. For some reason the obviousness of the problem I am referring to is lost on you. I guess what @ShamWow-SuperRag
    said about adding a kick is interesting but combat is already intricate enough. It's a simple problem that should be a simple fix.

Ideas:
    1. Interrupt jabs cause a 1/2second ban on sword use (so the enemy can shield immediately but not 'punish' (read: abuse) you for punishing them).

2. Interrupt jabs cause a slight knock back so the distance created prevents a return jab.

3. This one is a huge maybe, could be too op but make interrupt jabs deal 2 hearts so even if they return the hit you still have gained some edge out of it.

I don't think it's that complicated. This is a blatant flaw that punishes the player for an action it should reward, and deserves immediate attention in the next build, if that is ever even going to happen rip kag

PUNK123, J-man2003 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  10. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

@Galen move this to Suggestions please.

As for this, I think I would have to play around with it myself to see if it's balanced or not, but I get where you're coming from in terms of balancing the game.

11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Moved. Please post in the appropriate section next time.

Re: OP: Stun locks are frustrating. Why do you think every knight hates water ammo? Because you're powerless against it, you're forced to sit there infront of your computer and watch your character be massacred while you're stunlocked. Getting punished with a stunlock when your slash gets cancelled by a stab is pretty much the same, it'd be really frustrating. Also, the jabspam would increase because "why slash when I could get stunlocked from a jabspammer, I'll just jabspam myself and rule out one possible stunlock".

J-man2003 likes this.
  12. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I think what toothgrinder meant is that you get stuned by jab only when charging a slash, not while doing something else. That way you cant get locked by jabs and it fixes the problem

toothgrinderx and Blue_Tiger like this.
  13. toothgrinderx

Ok, I guess a thread specifically regarding the play of a single class doesn't belong in corresponding classes forum, my bad, such nub.
    By the way this is not some random idea or suggestion I came up with, it is a blatant problem and 10/10 people agree with me.

I don't get your point, I'm not saying that jabs should cause stun in all situations, and I don't think I ever actually suggested that !!! INTERRUPT JABS!!!! would be capable of stun locking in any way. You clearly don't play knight or you would understand what I'm talking about. All these mere squires chiming in please go elsewhere, the true knights realize that getting punished for a punishment(read:cheese) move is absolute bullshit.

PUNK123 and J-man2003 like this.
  14. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I was with all points replying to your slash cancelling jab.
    Also, suggestions and ideas is there for ALL suggestions/ideas/fixes/tweaks/whatever related to KAG.
    Classes and Mechanics is there for discussion about gameplay mechanics, not for discussions about changes that could be done to them.

15. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

• is slash spamming someone on 1 heart
    • gets jabbed
    • with this new idea, i cant jab back instantly killing him
    • i shield
    • he jabs again
    • he gets stunned
    • i jab him
    • he's dead

Countering jab spammers is the same, lol. They'd most likely jab -> slash and turn the tides of the slash spamming. It'd make knight vs. knight combat way more interesting than a slash fest and height advantages, and make coming back from a 1 heart vs. 4 heart way more plausible.

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Galen is a forum moderator, and not just a global one...

17. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Isn't the point of a charged slash is to not be interrupted?

Opportunity cost comparison:

Jab: attack without delay, can be chained in quick succession
    VS
    shield and slash counter

Single slash:
    Ability to power through a jab and stun a shield
    VS
    Attack with a visible delay allowing enemy to counter with back stepping then jabbing/ shield bash/ water etc

Both have their upsides and downsides and honestly I think there are enough strats in avoiding a slash and countering.

Also stripping away everything else from KAG like items and team member influence (which I don't understand the logic of considering such changes in the vaccum of a single class), mechanically in knight vs knight combat would this not make the more damaging attack less of a threat due to slash cancel and the less damaging attack pushing a knight back to shielding?

Summary: it would make slashes obsolete in every regard to a jab beside from one extra heart of damage. We will know to fear the slash cancelling jab spammers once more :eek:

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

Jabs already slash cancel.
    I think what toothgrinder wants to fix is slash canceling with a jab, then immediately getting jabbed back, before you can shield.
    I think this is the best solution. Not only will it stop the return jab, it will also stop the jabber from jabbing (or at least hitting) again in rapid succession, making jab spam less viable. I'll try to make a mod for it tomorrow if I remember.

19. Well from what I've gathered you are unhappy that when you interrupt and slash with a jab you get jabbed a lot.
    Jab stun is an atrocious idea for starts, don't think that needs explaining. The only thing I see fit is shielding immediately after a jab which 9/10 times won't actually work because you or the enemy's Ping is at potato level
    I don't think this is anything that can be easily fixed. I like to wait for the enemy to jab first before I throw my jabs. Try it you may like it

20. toothgrinderx

75438572 Internet points to Obione

Mods: Rainbows