1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How Trap blocks should work

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JGamerX, Sep 7, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. JGamerX

JGamerX Shark Slayer

Lemme cut right to the point

Trap blocks should have 2 modes interchangeable with the e button ONLY if by the friendly team (similar to trampolines but only for friendly)

Mode 1
    Locked - solid ground for friendly team | intangible for the enemy team

Mode 2
    Unlocked - behaves like a door for friendly team | still intangible for enemy team

With this 2 mode system we get rid of the problems with both modes separately. Mode 1 is solid so it doesn't let builders through so you can unlock it making it behave like a door allowing the builder to pass through. Afterwards you would probably want to lock it again to prevent teamkills.

Well that's my idea anyway.

NOTE
    Will be changing this post depending on the replies so if you find mistakes tell me

Mariox222 likes this.
  2. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Interesting. Maybe we could add a new block and have 2 sepperate blocks that enemies can't walk on?

3. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

Mode 2 should be tangible for enemies, and intangible for friendlies. Mode 1: friendlies can't pass, enemies can pass. Mode 2: friendlies can pass, enemies can't pass. It doesn't make much sense to have it still remain intangible for enemies; you're effectively saying mode two is just opening the block for everyone, or turning the block off. It would be more useful if it blocked enemies out while friendlies were still able to pass. Also, it'd be cool if the block changed to a different color depending on the mode it was set to

I think it'd be cooler to have a more versatile block instead of splitting them into two

Mods: Rainbows