1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General kag changes

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by PUNK123, Sep 8, 2015.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I feel like there are some tedious aspects to this game that should be changed. I feel that you shouldnt have to open your inventory and select the drill, but you should be able to take it out with space. I also feel that boulders are too cumbersome and should be allowed back into the inventory taking up 2 slots and also coming out with the space button. Lastly i feel like being able to "refill" a water bucket at a buildershop or inn would make the item more useful and give the game alittle depth. I feel like water maps should not be the only place buckets are used and this will make the item more actively used. Your thoughts?

Cool things suggested
    • Buckets being purchased with water in them
    • Buckets being refillable at the buildershop/inn-:yes:
    • More items being taken out of the inventory with a hotkey(or space)
    • Dirt not taking damage from explosives
    • Bomb arrows being tweaked(working as more like bombs)
    • Bomb arrows not affecting things behind what they hit(ex them eating platforms)
    • Aoe reduction on bomb arrows
    • Sponges(in your inventory) reduce the effect of water arrows-:yes:
    • Allow Boulders back into the inventory
    • Pinata chests
    • keg changes, siege changes, tramp changes, map changes, bunch of issues that may or may not still be an issue 9 months later
    • boulders have more knockback and stuns

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Drill using Space: Space is generally reserved for healing, probably not gonna happen. It takes all of 1 second to open your inventory and select the item anyway, so speed and tedium isn't really an issue here.

Boulders taking less space: Boulders were seriously abused before, so this probably isn't going to happen either. Oh, and again, Spacebar is reserved for healing.

Filling buckets at a builder-shop or inn: Not really opposed to this suggestion. Builders, who take care of defenses, ought to have some access to water buckets on maps that lack water.

Also, I'm pretty sure the rule is 1 suggestion per thread. Granted, these are rather simple, but, well... rules.

3. PUNK123

boulders have also been seriously nerfed and i find it irritating to pull out a drill/other item from inventory when taking damage because your screen goes red and you start bouncing from the damage(making selecting said item very difficult)

EDIT: honestly i dont feel like making several threads for the same general idea and there are other similar threads

Obione5256, J-man2003 and swagbot like this.
  4. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

If you have bombs in your inventory as well as a boulder, how would you be able to use bombs when needed instead of a boulder? I suggest both boulders and drills get their own hot-key selections like bombs have. You currently have the ability to select which bomb type you'd like to use upon pressing the space bar, but I'd like to see boulders added to this selection. That way, if you want to use a boulder on-command by pressing space-bar, you first have to select the boulder in the appropriate menu for future use like bomb-types. I'd also like to see burgers added to this menu honestly. It's annoying to have an inventory full of 3 hearts, and one burger, and once you press space-bar to heal from one heart of damage you automatically use the burger instead of a single heart to fully heal...

5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I think all these suggestions are great and should be added.

Along with buckets being more useful, I think drills should not heat up as fast to make them less obsolete more useful for mining stone. Boulders should have more of a purpose by insta-killing and breaking right after they do, and to make it to where they can be thrown farther and are lighter, to change their role from "a really odd weapon" to "a one-time use insta-kill weapon to help builders mainly". As for lanterns, I think they should be revamped to where the light they emit is only visible to a person who is being raycasted by the lantern (if that makes sense) meaning if your tunneling and have a lantern you will not be seen by above ground enemies, but teammates can still see the light. In other words make lanterns like bombs, the last team color to hold it owns it, and the lantern's team can be changed by being picked up by the opposing team.

Also with pickups: make the item your cursor is hovering over be prioritized.

swagbot likes this.
  6. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Don't you lose half the resources when you use the drill anyway?

Also, I like the suggestions but agree that there should be hotkeys other than space.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. PUNK123

obviously bombs would be first as the only class that can use the drill is builder and for knights the boulder is lesser than bombs. Giving it a new key would be pointless.

8. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

To be clear, I'm not proposing the boulder gets a new key in the sense that you can press "H" to take out your boulder instead of "space-bar", I'm saying space-bar should be the universal key for using almost anything in your inventory (mostly projectiles and health) and boulders at least deserve the ability to be bound to the spacebar like you would a bomb or water bomb by selecting either or in your inventory/bomb loadout. If you have a water bomb and regular bomb in your inventory, the regular bomb- afaik- will take priority over the water bomb when space-bar is pressed unless you select the "water bomb" in your bomb loadout. I propose that instead of just having regular bombs and water bombs in your loadout (the menu just above the inventory menu), boulders, burgers, and maybe other items deserve their own spot in the loadout for quick and easy use. Plus it'd make items that aren't bombs seem less like secondary items

J-man2003 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  9. PUNK123

They are secondary items for knights so it would be pointless for them to come out first.

10. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

Drills are secondary items for builders, so it would be pointless for them to come out first. :huh?:

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  11. PUNK123

it would be the first thing as they dont use anything else except maybe burgers. Utilizing a whole new key is pointless when it isnt neccessary and youre over-complicating a simple suggestion. They are the main item. Knights have bombs, archers have nothing but healing, and builders have drills/boulders(ofc knights and archers have access to boulders aswell).

12. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

Health occupies the space-bar for builders (as well as all classes). Hearts, burgers, or fish. According to your own logic, drills shouldn't supercede a primary function since drills are secondary items.

Most of the new updates haven't been necessary, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be added. And it isn't overcomplicating anything; you already know how the bomb loadout works, it's really not that complicated to understand what a "boulder button" next to the bomb and water bomb buttons would do. It wouldn't take up that much space in the inventory menu, esp. considering the buttons should only appear when the respective items are in one's inventory to begin with. So again, it wouldn't be cluttering the inv. screen, nor is it overcomplicated; it's as simple as clicking F, then selecting the projectile item you want to bind to your spacebar... As it's always been... But with... more... options... So complex.

... Archers also have bombs. They too have a bomb loadout menu and they too would benefit from the option to bind a boulder to the spacebar via the loadout.

J-man2003, Magmus and Blue_Tiger like this.
  13. PUNK123

the health only works if your injured(inwhich case that is obviously the best option) So yes i do believe drills should be secondary because it would only affect knights wanting to use bombs(as they are the only ones who use space to take out an item). It is a secondary item and i feel like asking them to rebind keys and do all this extra stuff is worthless. Honestly you arent making any sense and youre cluttering here.

14. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

A quick access of any kind would be great for the builder, not only for the drill (which I agree should work as punk says) but also for building; You should be able to select the last item in build menu you used with the click of a button (I guess LMB would work).
    Boulders I don't think should be able to be put in inventory, they're a heavy item like kegs and have no place in an inventory imo.
    Buckets definitely should be refillable somewhere other than lakes, builder shop seems reasonable.

J-man2003 likes this.
  15. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

1 2 3 4 5 keys for selecting inventory stuff? Or maybe selecting blocks for faster building?

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Then how will i spam emotes??

17. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I dunno maybe alt+ 1 2 3 4 or f1 f2 f3 or just 6 7 8 9 keys

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Nope, too hard.

These ideas are very good suggestions Punk. Different items (maybe even things like mines included), should have hotkeys. Say, pressing v could pull out an item (e.g the boulders, drills or mines). Pressing the button 'v' (used as an example), would pull out the next item (if you had a boulder and a mine in your inv).

J-man2003 likes this.
  19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

As convenient as hotkeys for different items would be, it doesn't seem like they would be used often enough to justify their existence. Bombs are used very often (and have a dedicated key), special arrows are used very often (and also have a dedicated key), but all other items tend to be more expensive and are thus not often utilized every single spawn.

That aside, if the devs ever wanted to add new items, they would have to open up hotkeys for all of those.

@eragon200012
    The idea of a single dedicated hotkey for "pull out the next item in my inventory that isn't a bomb/arrow/materials" seems sensible, considering people will typically go on the attack with only a single mine or some such in their inventory if they're using a special item. Personally, I would not be opposed to this singular addition.

20. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

They already can be placed in the inventory... Kegs can't...