1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General kag changes

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by PUNK123, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

No they cant

PUNK123 likes this.
  2. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Definitely add the water bucket refill feature.

I am also in favour of adding the quick-switch option to burgers, boulders as well as hearts and food. One hugely annoying thing about playing builder is that I have to access my inventory to heal or grab a drill and I end up dying before I even get a chat to pull the drill/burger/heart out. I also get frustrated for the same reason as knight when I have bombs and I need to heal. I either have to light and throw the bomb to heal or go into my inventory and my mouse goes into a weird position where people can easily finish me off when my shields down.

Here's a nice solution to all these problems (I'm a good artist):

Builder: (Select between rotate blocks, drill, boulder, food and hearts)
    [​IMG]
    Knight: (Select between bombs, water bombs, boulder, food and hearts)
    [​IMG]
    Archer: (Select between boulders, food and hearts)
    [​IMG]
    The archer is a bit different because they would need 2 separate selection options, so I propose you have to select between boulder, heart and food in inventory instead of quickly tapping F which will continue to be used for switching between arrows.

Also, I think the builder's rotate ability would suffer, though I think the only block that is really affected by that lately is the platform so I don't think it'd matter much.

J-man2003, EhRa and swagbot like this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It would make life so much easier if you could press f to switch between your last 3 or 4 blocks you used

EhRa likes this.
  4. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

If your inventory is empty, you can put a boulder in your inventory. It occupies four slots, so- again- your inventory needs to be empty in order to do that.

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. TheDirtySwine

They removed that bro

6. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

... Wat. Boulders needed a nerf, but they completely neutered them. WAT

J-man2003 likes this.
  7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I honestly feel that a large majority of things in game should be tweaked slightly to make the game more enjoyable, again these are things that I would love to see, but maybe if your reading this you wont necessarily like these suggestions.

1- remove or nerf water bombs- I would love to see water bombs completely removed but i know that will never happen, I feel a nerf should be implemented to make them less effective, because in my opinion a singular *cheap* item should not totally reck any one player no matter what they do, water arrows i feel are fine because archers need them, the only thing i could think of to change them has to do with a price increase.

2- keg changes- Right now i feel kegs are on this cusp of being overpowered and balanced, making kegs cost more would be a really nice thing to see, but on the flip side i don't feel it should be possible for an archer to shoot a keg off your back. Knights however should still be able to *slash* kegs off of your back as well as builders. Another thing that i feel is the reliant share of the problem when it comes to kegs being overpowered is the fact that you can get launched from a catapult while holding a keg, this makes it far too easy to destroy structures in my opinion.

3- siege changes- I feel that Ballistas as of now are pretty overpowered for the most part, they shouldn't allow any team mates to spawn if they are being captured, and if you do spawn from them you shouldn't have immunity. I think that ballistas should not come with any ammunition and cost of ammunition should be 60 coins. I feel that the explosive power of the shots should also be nerfed to deal less damage. In terms of a needed buff for ballistas, i really feel that bomb arrows shouldn't be the absolute bane of their existence, and instead of taking 2 shots to break, should take 3 *direct hits* to break. One last thing is that Ballistas are exceedingly ridiculous when they are on top of a really really tall tower where it will literally never be destroyed, while shots just disappear into the blackness and then reappearing further away, in my opinion shots shouldn't be able to go through the black void, and instead should *break* on contact with the black void.
    Catapults on the other hand i feel are quite underpowered, the normal shots are fine, but boulders do barely anything, I think if you take the time to get a catapult within range of a base then load it with a boulder and successfully fire at the base, that you should do considerable damage, right now I am pretty sure the damage is meager and does not really warrant even trying it. I do feel that 2 bomb arrows should break a catapult though, considering it was only 80 coins.

4- trampolines- I know people will hate this suggestion but to be honest i hate the way trampolines are right now, being able to easily set up a system that doesn't require anyone to shoot you from, that is much more effective, efficient, and hard to remove, seems extremely broken to me. I feel that trampolines should be nerfed to only produce half of the current range that they currently possess.

5- maps- yes i know, maps aren't really classified as items but for the sake of the argument I would like to discuss maps. currently most maps from what i have seen are quite bad, maps that involve floating islands, large quantities of water, an un surpass-able natural barrier such as a pit, or maps that degrade so much that they turn into water maps because the person that designed the map thought it was a good idea. usually i find the simple maps to be the most enjoyable, maps that are relatively flat and don't have extremely annoying things to get passed that are part of the map. I also feel that a greater deal of bedrock should be added to maps to make tunneling harder. One last thing for maps is i wish that bombs didn't do any damage to dirt, stone or gold blocks, bombs are one of the main reasons for map destruction and a destroyed map is so much more annoying to fight on.

6- bomb arrows- this would have to be the last thing i could think of that i would like to see get changed, and byfar is the most controversial of them all. I think that bomb arrows should instead of doing 3 blocks of structural damage, deal only 1 against a flat wall, but then when hitting the indentation made, will usually deal 3 blocks of structural damage and in extreme cases more considering the damage of the blocks around the destroyed ones. This would make it so they would function more like bombs, and overall require more skill to use, im sure some of you have been thinking the same thing, and this is looking like the way to go at least in my opinion.

So what do you guys think? These are the ideas and opinions i have formed after playing this game since the first day of silent release, I am willing to hear your feedback even if most of these changes wont be implemented, maybe someone can mod it in?

8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Or designated heal button. Click say b to heal with the first health item in your inv.

J-man2003 and CowboyDan like this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

meh i didnt see this thread turning into a conversation about all items(my bad though lol). Specifically bomb arrows i feel shouldnt destroy the solid block and the layer behind it(how they eat platforms and doors behind solid blocks.

10. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

1. I've never found much of a problem with water bomb spam. If its really an issue then a cost increase would be the best way to go.

2. If archers can't shoot kegs off your back then wtf are they supposed to do. It would literally be impossible to stop a keg as an archer. It's already very finicky and hard to do.

3. Agree with most things here, except they definitely need to be built with ammo, perhaps they are built with regular ammo and you need to buy (and carry) explosives bolts for them.

4. Nehhhhhhhhh

5.Bombs should def still do damage to dirt/stone/gold, just not destroy them (as they currently do). I don't want to see a 'dirt is stronger than stone blocks' situation.

6. Increase cost to 60 coins, the destruction nerfs would absolutely kill this item.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

If buckets could be refilled in builder shop, it could be used to refresh drill pretty fast when ratting, so the cooling of drill with bucket should be nerfed a bit to prevent massive drill rats. Or maybe, the water ressuply from builder shops should have a cooldown? Maybe a global cooldown for the shop with a little gauge refilling over time?

J-man2003 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

5. i completely agree with kedram bombs shouldnt damage dirt(you can break dirt with your sword it would be useless to spam bombs at dirt and destroy gold)
    6. fudge no 4 bomb arrows could still eat 4 layers by 1 archer rushing why isnt that enough? Why do you need them to eat doors and platforms?

J-man2003 and EhRa like this.
  13. kedram

currently, dirt is damaged by all types of explosives, but cannot be broken by explosives, most times you will see giant areas of 1hp dirt just sitting around.

My reasoning for making it so archers cant shoot kegs off of backs is simple, if we increased the price of kegs by 50 coins, and made it so you cant launch out of a catapult with kegs, then kegs would stop being so easy to use in most cases. and if that happened, i think knights would deserve a buff in terms of kegs not being able to be shot off their backs.

J-man2003, PUNK123 and EhRa like this.
  14. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Keg is just the most funny thing to use in kag, and fact it can be lost is frustrating but part of the general chaos that is so fun in the game.

J-man2003, blackjoker77777 and heX_ like this.
  15. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

+1 to all except archers not being able to shoot kegs and bomb arrow destruction nerf. I do also want a bomb arrow AoE and hitbox size nerf, though.

They ran out of hotkeys, would need to use V aka the only button open for modders.

Suicide archering into a group of enemies carrying a keg ready to blow your shit up and managing to get out with the keg = best moment. Shooting a keg off a bomb jumping kegging knight = even better - in fact it's the only counter if you don't have water arrows.

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. kedram

Im pretty sure there are 2 counters to a bomb jumping knight with a keg, you could use water, which definetly will completly ruin anything he is trying to do, or you could try to catch it, which archers are considerably better at doing. You have to take into consideration i suggested suggested some heavy nerfs for knight, and i feel it would only be fair if these trivial things went more in the knights direction, especially since he would now be paying 180 coins for a keg in my proposal.

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

You could have some optional class specific key bindings.

Optional so new players aren't overwhelmed with learning all the keys.
    Class specific so that it does not contradict with the philosophy that you should play all classes.
    You would have 3 tabs: [builder][knight][archer]
    Each containing an empty table with two columns: [key][action]

First you click a field a under [key] and assign it by inputting your desired key.

Secondly you click the field next to it, under [action] and select your action from a drop down menu.
    Pick up a specific item type from inventory.
    Cycle back or forth between items in inventory.
    Pick up item from a specific slot in inventory.

Buy specific item from nearby shop.
    Buy first (second, third, fourth...) item from nearby shop.

Pick up specific item type from the ground if within range.

As knight/archer, hotkeys for selecting specific bomb/arrow types.

Instant actions that does not require for you to tap the key:
    -Swapping bomb/arrow type
    -Try your luck with pick up system

Also stupid stuff that might otherwise not warrent a default key binding:
    -Taunting without emoting
    Might need a few more interns, but I believe it could happen. :potato:

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

Remove boulders in storage also

19. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

water bucket refill feature would be op. what you could do is have water buckets prefilled with water, good for maps with no water and cost the same coin as fire arrows

20. TheDirtySwine

I think instead of them refilling they should cost more and already come with water in them for a one time use